EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Nice work.

I don't think folks (fans and media, especially national) will be able to comprehend the possibility that Hurts starts 2022 but still isn't THE GUY.

I would say it is a likelihood Hurts returns as a starter because of the limited options to replace him (other than the obvious one at this point....Minshew)

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Surprisingly, the Eagles would match up best against GB.  The Packers run defense is absolutely atrocious and CLE gashed them repeatedly yesterday.  

Not saying the Eagles would be favored at all, but there's a good chance they would keep the game close -- plus Rodgers always implodes at some point in the playoffs.

Stafford is also rounding into late-season form with his 3 INT yesterday (should have been 5); I'd take a playoff matchup against him as well. 

I'm not saying I'd relish facing the Packers (and Rodgers) in the playoffs, but in a way I think they'd have a better shot there than most fans would think. Not because we're especially good or anything, but there's always a chance that the weather would come into play and negate the Packers advantage. You could definitely get conditions that give us a coin flip's chance of winning. I'm more fearful of facing a skilled passer in good conditions. We've seen that a few times this year and it wasn't pretty to look at. Unfortunately Dallas, Los Angeles, and Tampa Bay have those. And as dangerous as Murray is, he's not the passer that Prescott, Stafford, and Brady are. Rodgers is the best of them all, but you might have a chance if the weather cooperates.

Also...am I right in thinking the Eagles actually have a chance at the 5-seed? If we win twice and the Cardinals lose twice, we're the top wild card team regardless of what the 49ers do since they can't catch Arizona in their division because they were swept head-to-head. So then if we win two away playoff games and the Cardinals do too, we'd face them at the Linc in the championship game!

This year in particular there just aren't any great teams.  GB and KC are not what you'd call super teams that look unbeatable. 

15 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Sanders isn’t recouping the Eagles a 1st round pick this off-season.

Hurts is back as starter next year unless they can convince Rodgers, Wilson or Watson to accept coming here.  Which hopefully they don't because the best course forward is using the draft picks to build up the defense and see how much Hurts can continue to grow in what will be his second year in this offense. 

4 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

This year in particular there just aren't any great teams.  GB and KC are not what you'd call super teams that look unbeatable. 

For me the Packers are still the team I want to face the least.

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

I like the thought but Fournette always seems to be banged up as well.

They should be taking a RB in the draft just about every year,  around the 3rd to 5th round, depending on the players.  They don't last and you're not gonna pay them so keep replenishing the group thru the draft.

Like the idea of drafting a mid-round RB every year.  Always keep someone on the pipeline, as RBs wear out quickly.  

3 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Like the idea of drafting a mid-round RB every year.  Always keep someone on the pipeline, as RBs wear out quickly.  

Despite all the flak about the comitee thing it’s actually been good for us. Only having one starter plus a few scrubs is not a good plan.

Even if the starter isn’t hurt (and most likely he is at some point) it’s good to share the burden.

16 hours ago, Bebop56210 said:

I guess you don't remember the last time he "just had a stinger" 😆

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

I like the thought but Fournette always seems to be banged up as well.

They should be taking a RB in the draft just about every year,  around the 3rd to 5th round, depending on the players.  They don't last and you're not gonna pay them so keep replenishing the group thru the draft.

I was going through the players under contract looking at the 2022 Roster projection.  Scott is a RFA and I think we should let him walk and insert a drafted RB in that roster slot. Sanders and Gainwell are under contract, and I'd be surprised if they aren't both back in 2022.  Jordan Howard is a UFA.  I'd be inclined to offer him the Vets Minimum and hope he takes it.  Regardless, I expect at least two Rookie RBs in Training Camp ... probably one from Day Three of the Draft and one as a UDFA.

WFT doing the same for their defensive line.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

So how exactly were the Eagles supposed to force the Dolphins and Colts to keep losing? Was Howie at fault for not saying, "Hey guys, pretty please, give us a top ten pick so we can retool our team better"?

The Eagles own their own pick...don't be silly bud, you knew exactly what I meant lol.

59 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

you can take, or call it whatever you want. I go by facts. 

With your attitude there would be no iPhone or Tesla or Amazon or lots of other breakthrough developments.  If you only consider facts that make up the past, then the future will be pretty uninspiring.  Jeff Bezos looked at a book selling marketplace and saw a whole lot of facts ... but he also saw a lot of room for improvement and got busy making that improvement happen.  If you looked at Amazon in its early years, you would be tempted to go by the "facts" as well, but Bezos kept his eye on the prize and made those facts into ancient history.

JMO

Barnett's not athletic enough to avoid COVID either.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

terrible analogy. If anything your terrible analogy backs up my point. based on FACTS apple KNEW they could make an Iphone. 

Bezos talks about how the FACTS and the MATH told him to go another direction, so again backing up my point.

A good analogy would be the pull and pray method. Sure, you may not get the chic pregnant but I wouldnt depend on it. 

You consistently express your view of facts as things/events that are in the books. When they embarked on pursuing the possibility of making an iPhone, what facts did Apple have?  They had a belief in the skills and imagination of their design team.  Those are important attributes, but they are not facts.  Bezos looked at the data and saw gaps in the facts which he believed was opportunity.  If he had acted only on the actual facts in the data he would never have created Amazon.

Here's a fact for you, In NFL history, 294 teams have been 2-5. Sixteen of them have finished with a winning record. Nine of them have made the playoffs. What the Eagles are doing is truly remarkable, and it isn't supported by what you call facts. 

21 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

The Eagles own their own pick...don't be silly bud, you knew exactly what I meant lol.

I assumed you were talking about the entire first round pick package, only one pick of which we have any control over. So based on your complaint about their devaluing their draft, I can only assume that you want them to lose every game every year, just for the enjoyment that you get every April. It's the kind of excitement that Lions, Jaguars, and Jets fans have been celebrating for the past decade.

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Barnett's not athletic enough to avoid COVID either.

Covid got him as he wasn’t able to jump offsides to avoid it. 

28 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

You'd rather they keep losing the entire season on purpose to secure a better draft pick?

/Insert Herm Edward rant

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Remember when TATE wanted to trade Lane?

Remember when Lane was not worth the contract?

I 'member!

Your new nickname is "pepperidge Farm"

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Covid got him as he wasn’t able to jump offsides to avoid it. 

Got hit late by COVID, ironical.

8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Your new nickname is "pepperidge Farm"

How about just "Pepp"?

I know many don't like "backing into the playoffs", but per NYT...

Miami (-3) over NO tonight
Eagles (-4) over WFT week 17
GB (-6.5) over MIN week 17

we get in if the Rams beat the Niners week 18, regardless of our result.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/philadelphia-eagles-nfl-playoff-picture.html#no-mia-16=loss&no-car-17=win&was-phi-17=loss&sf-hou-17=win&gb-min-17=win&atl-no-18=loss&min-chi-18=win&phi-dal-18=loss&lar-sf-18=win

Archived