EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's weird, doesn't this makes us getting the 7th seed slightly more difficult? but at the same time the 6 seed more likely?

Stupid tiebreakers.

Not a big deal either way. We just want to avoid the 49ers having a weird final two games where they lose to Houston but beat the Rams. 

Just now, schuy7 said:

Not a big deal either way. We just want to avoid the 49ers having a weird final two games where they lose to Houston but beat the Rams. 

Yeah, that's a little concerning. Jimmy G might miss next week, and could the Rams be in a position where they are resting players in week 18?

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Yeah, that's a little concerning. Jimmy G might miss next week, and could the Rams be in a position where they are resting players in week 18?

That's what I was wondering too. That could be a possibility. 

35 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

That depends which game the Saints lose. If they lose tonight but win next week, you're right. If they win tonight but lose next week, it's us and SF.

Yup.  I was assuming tonight.  Nice catch.

17 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Four possibilities.  Only one is bad.

19 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If the Rams, Cowboys, and Bucs all win out, the Rams get the 3 seed and avoid the Cardinals in the first round.

If the Cowboys lose to the Cardinals next week, the Rams can get to the 2 seed, which could lead to a home game in round 2.

If they Rams lose to the Ravens next week, it's not likely they escape #4.

The Bucs play the Jets and Panthers, so you can do the math....

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

If the Rams, Cowboys, and Bucs all win out, the Rams get the 3 seed and avoid the Cardinals in the first round.

If the Cowboys lose to the Cardinals next week, the Rams can get to the 2 seed, which could lead to a home game in round 2.

If they Rams lose to the Ravens next week, it's not likely they escape #4.

The Bucs play the Jets and Panthers, so you can do the math....

Lamar is still out for the next little while, don't see the Rams losing to the Ravens. So more than likely the Rams will have something to play for in Week 18.

1 hour ago, schuy7 said:

Simplest path to the playoffs is a win next week, Saints' loss tonight, Vikings' loss to GB next week, plus a 49ers win vs Houston OR 49ers lose out. 

Question then becomes if a Trey Lance lead 49ers can beat the Texans.  

I don’t know who that HonestNFL guy is, but I’m pretty certain he’s a fraud. His incessant gushing and excuse making over Jalen Hurts for someone who’s been "evaluating NFL talent for decades” it’s clear he has no idea what the hell he’s talking about.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It should be "Troll”.  

yours would be teebags

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Jags are pathetic.

yep, I'd like to see trevor lawrence in this offense though,  that subway commercial he does is kinda tha ghey

Liking what I see out of Milton Williams. Guy deserves an increasing role.

I like Tarron Jackson and McPhearson getting increasing playing time too.  Even if it's because of injury I like them seeing the field so we can see what we have in them. Haven't heard their name called much but on D that's not necessarily a bad thing.  

It's rare that I like an eagles draft class more towards the end of their first season but definitely seems like a good class so far.  Dickerson and Smith look special.

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

Not sure why TJ edwards isn’t getting more credit . Key player on D this season . Love the way he plays 

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Need the saints to win as much as i hate them

Agreed. Can’t see it with this offense. They will struggle getting to double digits. 

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Need the saints to win as much as i hate them

It's best for the Eagles if the Saints lose this.  

7 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Not sure why TJ edwards isn’t getting more credit . Key player on D this season . Love the way he plays 

His issue has always been his speed, ran a 4.87, he has everything else. Size, instincts, smarts etc.

There was a 4 way tie for this week's prediction winners

@Connecticut Eagle and @DrPhilly both predicted an Eagles win of 34-9

@mattwill predicted an Eagles win of 35-10

and @Westbrook#36 predicted Eagles win 34-11

Bonus prediction winners are

@EaglePhan1986 Eagles D score

@SB52 Giants less than 200 yards of offense

Archived