EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Winning the Super Bowl broke a lot of Eagles fans' brains. If we don't have the best, most dominant team, so many want us to lose for better draft picks. Making the playoffs is an afterthought. So weird. First year HC. The team is at the beginning of a retool. Making the playoffs would be very good. We already have 3 first round draft picks. Relax. If Miami wins a couple more games, it's going to be okay.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Losing in the playoffs still provides valuable experience. 

To who? Moronic fans?

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Game over. Fins up by 14, Saints can't overcame that deficit with Book at QB.

Sadly i agree

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Crazy it went from 3 top 8 picks to 3 low 20s picks 

Well it is the Eagles.  We get lucky breaks once in a blue moon.

10 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Winning the Super Bowl broke a lot of Eagles' fans brains. If we don't have the best, most dominant team, so many want us to lose for better draft picks. Making the playoffs is an afterthought. So weird. First year HC. The team is at the beginning of a retool. Making the playoffs would be very good. We already have 3 first round draft picks. Relax. If Miami wins a couple more games, it's going to be okay.

14 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I think you should change your screen name to Black Eeyore Fish

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Losing in the playoffs still provides valuable experience. 

You guys are right, I forgot how good Howie is in the draft, especially  recently with picks in the teens and 20’s, apologies.   Bring on the Packers!!!

2 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

You guys are right, I forgot how good Howie is in the draft, especially  recently with picks in the teens and 20’s, apologies.   Bring on the Packers!!!

If the Eagles lose out at this point they aren't getting a high draft pick in the top 10.  This blog has gotten so irrational with their hate for Hurts that they are actively rooting for the Eagles to lose instead of seeing them continue this 5-2 run they are on into the playoffs in the first year under their new HC. 

Making the playoffs for Washington last year sure provided valuable experience for them. They really built on it this season with an incredible year, culminating in that impressive effort last night.

Pick is already ruined.

Time already passed to switch to Minshew to save the season.  That didn't happen either. 

Playoffs will be fun.  We either win some games and enjoy the run, or laugh at our pro bowl alternate QB being exposed even more. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If the Eagles lose out at this point they aren't getting a high draft pick in the top 10.  This blog has gotten so irrational with their hate for Hurts that they are actively rooting for the Eagles to lose instead of seeing them continue this 5-2 run they are on into the playoffs in the first year under their new HC. 

I actually agree with you. Rooting to lose is for losers and it’s unamerican. 

It’s nice to see Sirianni winning despite having a QB who can’t throw 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Making the playoffs for Washington last year sure provided valuable experience for them. They really built on it this season with an incredible year, culminating in that impressive effort last night.

Missing the playoffs last year sure provided the Giants a lot of talent to turn it around this year. 

You don't believe coaching a playoff game as HC would have any value to Sirianni going forward? You don't think that would have any value to any of the young core players here going forward? 

I can’t see any way the Eagles can beat the Bucs, Packers, Rams or Cowboys in the playoffs. All horrible matchups. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Missing the playoffs last year sure provided the Giants a lot of talent to turn it around this year. 

You don't believe coaching a playoff game as HC would have any value to Sirianni going forward? You don't think that would have any value to any of the young core players here going forward? 

No. It's one more game. It's the same game with the same rules with the same uniforms against the same teams. There is no logic behind playoff experience having tremendous value. It has no more value than any other game played this season. It's a baseless sports cliche, nothing more. Anyone can point to plenty of examples of teams making the playoffs and it doing nothing for them, and teams coming out of nowhere and getting into the playoffs and beating playoff tested teams.

Better draft picks provide you with a tangible and real benefit. The Eagles are case in point having Jalen Reagor right now instead of CeeDee Lamb.

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I can’t see any way the Eagles can beat the Bucs, Packers, Rams or Cowboys in the playoffs. All horrible matchups. 

Who cares. Get there and see what happens. People are acting like they’re losing a top 5 or 10 pick if they pull for this team to make the playoffs and the other scenarios. Things didn’t shake out that way with Indy, Miami, or this team. I’m not going to get bent out of shape picking 18th instead of 16th.  

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They are doing exactly what they should be against really bad teams, the last two games (not their fault) they have beaten teams w\o NFL QB’s.  
 I believe the front office has already made their decisions on this team and if there was one possible floater, it would be Gannon.  Against Dallas in the last game of the season if Dak and their starters play, we’ll  be able to see how much he’s improved as a Defensive Coordinator, if Dak doesn’t play then yes, a playoff game would be helpful for his evaluation.  Winning a playoff game isn’t going to make a difference, but getting beat like the WFT did last night, in the Eagles 1st playoff game, isn’t going to be good for anyone.  Which could happen against the Packers, Cowboys, or the Rams. 

34 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Game over. Fins up by 14, Saints can't overcame that deficit with Book at QB.

It was over at 10-0 really 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

No. It's one more game. It's the same game with the same rules with the same uniforms against the same teams. There is no logic behind playoff experience having tremendous value. It has no more value than any other game played this season. It's a baseless sports cliche, nothing more. Anyone can point to plenty of examples of teams making the playoffs and it doing nothing for them, and teams coming out of nowhere and getting into the playoffs and beating playoff tested teams.

Better draft picks provide you with a tangible and real benefit. The Eagles are case in point having Jalen Reagor right now instead of CeeDee Lamb.

You're just a fan watching from the couch.  You're right it is just a game but for many in the playoffs for the first time there is an adrenine level early on that they don't know how to manage and it takes them awhile to settle in.   You'll be hard pressed to find a current or former coach or player who will say that playoff experience is not important. 

Unlike a lot of the so called "fans" in this thread I look forward to getting to watch at least one more game this season with this Eagles team that might have guys like Kelce retiring.  This team has been a lot more enjoyable to watch than that crap show we got stuck with last season. 

12 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Run the ball,  and play defense. 

16 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

try these

glasses.jpg

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You're just a fan watching from the couch.  You're right it is just a game but for many in the playoffs for the first time there is an adrenine level early on that they don't know how to manage and it takes them awhile to settle in.   You'll be hard pressed to find a current or former coach or player who will say that playoff experience is not important. 

Unlike a lot of the so called "fans" in this thread I look forward to getting to watch at least one more game this season with this Eagles team that might have guys like Kelce retiring.  This team has been a lot more enjoyable to watch than that crap show we got stuck with last season. 

Of course they're going to say it's important, it's coach and player speak. But honestly, no disrespect to them, a lot of former coaches and players have some of the dumbest commentary. Jonathan Vilma was a successful LB in the NFL for years, and hearing him on the broadcast, he has no idea wtf he's talking about.

I've asked a lot of people over the years what someone can learn in a playoff game, and the answers are always very similar. Things like "They learn about the atmosphere of a playoff game" or "they learn how to handle tense moments" and "Learn how to coach in front of a raucous crowd." I always say those are things that happen in the regular season anyway, but generally speaking those are all intangible things with no real concrete way to actually measure them.

Like for example, if you have a kid who gets an internship at plumbing business and you ask them when they get home what they learned, they could rattle off things like "I learned how to install a toilet" or "I learned how to cut a pipe without damaging x, y, and z." Actual skills that can be put to use in a tangible way.

Playoff experience gives you nothing tangible. Can I tell you it has zero value? I guess not. The question is though, does it have more value than a better draft pick does. And I don't think anyone can make that case.

If there is value to be gained from the Eagles making the playoffs. To me it has nothing to do with what the Eagles themselves will have gained from playing in the game. It will be someone like Rodgers or Wilson or Watson going "Hey man, the Eagles made the playoffs, they're looking pretty good, I want to play there, they look like they're a QB away from doing some great things."

If you made that argument, that's one I could give you.

13 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Who cares. Get there and see what happens. People are acting like they’re losing a top 5 or 10 pick if they pull for this team to make the playoffs and the other scenarios. Things didn’t shake out that way with Indy, Miami, or this team. I’m not going to get bent out of shape picking 18th instead of 16th.  

I remember the playoff game vs the Giants when we were given no chance to beat them.  They were the defending SB champs, we went into their house and beat them.  One of the best games I've watched and enjoyed just because we basically had no shot to win yet we did.

Just get in and see what happens.  A better draft pick doesn't guarantee anything either.

18 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I mean the defense did look great against Bridgewater, he’s really good, and has a strong arm as well!!

image.gif.f32327bc26b875c2f7802e35e0be8f93.gif

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Of course they're going to say it's important, it's coach and player speak. But honestly, no disrespect to them, a lot of former coaches and players have some of the dumbest commentary. Jonathan Vilma was a successful LB in the NFL for years, and hearing him on the broadcast, he has no idea wtf he's talking about.

I've asked a lot of people over the years what someone can learn in a playoff game, and the answers are always very similar. Things like "They learn about the atmosphere of a playoff game" or "they learn how to handle tense moments" and "Learn how to coach in front of a raucous crowd." I always say those are things that happen in the regular season anyway, but generally speaking those are all intangible things with no real concrete way to actually measure them.

Like for example, if you have a kid who gets an internship at plumbing business and you ask them when they get home what they learned, they could rattle off things like "I learned how to install a toilet" or "I learned how to cut a pipe without damaging x, y, and z." Actual skills that can be put to use in a tangible way.

Playoff experience gives you nothing tangible. Can I tell you it has zero value? I guess not. The question is though, does it have more value than a better draft pick does. And I don't think anyone can make that case.

If there is value to be gained from the Eagles making the playoffs. To me it has nothing to do with what the Eagles themselves will have gained from playing in the game. It will be someone like Rodgers or Wilson or Watson going "Hey man, the Eagles made the playoffs, they're looking pretty good, I want to play there, they look like they're a QB away from doing some great things."

If you made that argument, that's one I could give you.

If you told me that draft pick would end up being a starter or good to great player.

But who you take in the draft is a gamble, whether they are a big time prospect or not.  

I'd rather have the playoff game.

Archived