EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

34 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

On Hurts'  deep balls....

The two nice throws (Watkins 91 and Reagor almost TD) appeared to be the pre-snap read.  Hurts planted his back foot and made the throw in rhythm.

The others appeared to be later in the progression and after Hurts had to move in the pocket.  Maybe more of a footwork issue.

32 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Same with the Ertz underthrow last week. It's like Hurts gets excited when not just planting and throwing, and his mechanics just go crazy. Hopefully they can fix it. 

I feel the same way.  Sirianni needs to work on his playcalling in my opinion so that Hurts becomes a lot more of a rhythm QB than he is now.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

you said thats not a bad idea, and then instantly turned it in to a bad idea.

For real though, Mailata with a TE on his side should be enough push to get 2 yards.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

And? I can throw a ball 45 yards in the air. 45 yards isn't very impressive.

I actually agree with that

19 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

That's not a bad idea.  Have Dillard sub in.

19 minutes ago, Godfather said:

It'll take 3 guys to tackle him

It won't work. It's been tried like a bazillion times. It's not like his rugby mates trying to tackle him. NFL guys are big and fast

Just now, greend said:

It won't work. It's been tried like a bazillion times. It's not like his rugby mates trying to tackle him. NFL guys are big and fast

Pissin in my cheerios this morning 😑 

@VaBeach_Eagle whenever you have time Id love to see the behind the scene stats on yesterdays video. Such as how they project subscriptions and views now that we had a real game day chat, vs how they projected them during those test videos.

Id also love to know if they tell  you how many watch hours we got. And how much we have left to get to our goals for monetization. 

I see its up to 155 views. Any way of knowing how many were unique viewers vs repeat viewers?

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The knock on Hurts was that he struggles with reading the middle of the field, where there are multiple bodies to decipher.  It's a problem.  NS has to game plan and draw up plays based on the players he has.  His arm isn't great.  But it's more about his lack of ability to read the field.  

Agreed.  He missed a few wide open guys on some plays.

18 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

The fact that we are always highlighting what Reagor does wrong instead of highlighting well...his highlights should be enough to say he is going into Bust category.

He made a nice catch on that play.  It's not like this is something that can't be fixed.  He had a very good game last week.  He's a talented player that needs to be put in a place to succeed. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  It's not a bad idea.  It's a terrible idea.  You need your starting LT to play LT.  Not another gimmick play.  The chance of him getting hurt or hurting another offensive lineman isn't worth it.  Trust you O line and run the ball with a running back.  It was 1 yard.  On 1st down.  I am still bent over that series.  

That was the game.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  It's not a bad idea.  It's a terrible idea.  You need your starting LT to play LT.  Not another gimmick play.  The chance of him getting hurt or hurting another offensive lineman isn't worth it.  Trust the O line and run the ball with a running back.  It was 1 yard.  On 1st down.  I am still bent over that series.  

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

That was the game.

Yep. Flipped everything. Brutal. Hopefully NS learns from it at least. 

18 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Ray Diddy basically said the same thing. 

Ray basically said the Lions ate up the 9ers up the middle and Siranni didnt even try

Not a coincidence that doug didnt have hurts work the middle of the field either…

its the qb

I can definitely see the theory of them being a little surprised by going from the shadow of their own endzone to the opponents 5 yard line on one play.  That will probably never happen again in Siriannis career

In year 2, Im sure we all remember how Doug, Reich, and team had to focus on those critical down plays.  Im sure the same is true with Sirianni

Im sure those playcalls were sitting on a section of his sheet for that specific purpose, but the "feel" wasnt there and it looked disjointed.

3 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I can definitely see the theory of them being a little surprised by going from the shadow of their own endzone to the opponents 5 yard line on one play.  That will probably never happen again in Siriannis career

In year 2, Im sure we all remember how Doug, Reich, and team had to focus on those critical down plays.  Im sure the same is true with Sirianni

Im sure those playcalls were sitting on a section of his sheet for that specific purpose, but the "feel" wasnt there and it looked disjointed.

And so they somehow forgot how to go for a short yardage play? No way bro, they weren't surprised or in shock. They called dumb plays and were trying to make highlight films instead of just scoring

1 minute ago, greend said:

And so they somehow forgot how to go for a short yardage play? No way bro, they weren't surprised or in shock. They called dumb plays and were trying to make highlight films instead of just scoring

They tried two plays that you could consider "short yardage" and both got stuffed.

Maybe it was as easy as just turning around and handing it off but Im not so sure.  We did not run the ball well at all yesterday which I think is the glaring #1 factor no one is really talking about.

11 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I can definitely see the theory of them being a little surprised by going from the shadow of their own endzone to the opponents 5 yard line on one play. 

As I said multiple times during the preseason, this is a good example of why preseason game reps are just as important as practice / joint practice reps.  You need to be ready to adapt to an unknown situation.  In the joint practice, you have a script and practice situations on schedule.  Need those game reps to be ready to adapt based on how the previous play unfolds.

16 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

He made a nice catch on that play.  It's not like this is something that can't be fixed.  He had a very good game last week.  He's a talented player that needs to be put in a place to succeed. 

He had 6 for 49 and a TD. Encouraging, but I don't know that it was 'very good'.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As I said multiple times during the preseason, this is a good example of why preseason game reps are just as important as practice / joint practice reps.  You need to be ready to adapt to an unknown situation.  In the joint practice, you have a script and practice situations on schedule.  Need those game reps to be ready to adapt based on how the previous play unfolds.

I think you're reaching here. I don't think the lack of pre-season action had anything to do with that junk. 

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Keep in mind Siriani is designing these plays with hurts ability in mind. So far what we hyave seen is 1 maybe 2 reads, and then improvise. 

13 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

They tried two plays that you could consider "short yardage" and both got stuffed.

Maybe it was as easy as just turning around and handing it off but Im not so sure.  We did not run the ball well at all yesterday which I think is the glaring #1 factor no one is really talking about.

The biggest difference in the game; when the 49rs needed a yard to convert, they got it, when we needed a yard to convert we did not get it. 

Other than the 91-yard throw to Watkins, the offense accounted for 99 passing yards the rest of the game.  It was pretty anemic.  The lack of targets for the TE was alarming.  I also assumed Sanders must have left the game injured because he quit seeing the ball just as he was starting to get going.

9 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Please stop making the assumption that the pass always goes where Sirianni wants it to go.

If Hurts can't make the right read or is reluctant to trust what he thinks he sees, the ball will go elsewhere or he'll scramble instead.

Again, on the third down before the first field goal, we ran a three route flood to the left.  Goedert was open underneath and would have converted the first.  But for some reason, Hurts decided to throw to a covered Smith.  Incomplete.  Good play call.  Poor execution.

I expect the All-22 guys will have some more to share on this later in the week.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but there was a couple times the camera was on the sideline after a possession and you can see the OC Shane Steichan kinda yelling at Hurts about something.  Wouldn't surprise me if he was saying this read was open and you missed it.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Other than the 91-yard throw to Watkins, the offense accounted for 99 passing yards the rest of the game.  It was pretty anemic.  The lack of targets for the TE was alarming.  I also assumed Sanders must have left the game injured because he quit seeing the ball just as he was starting to get going.

No sacks and 2 QB hits is also concerning.  

34 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

@VaBeach_Eagle whenever you have time Id love to see the behind the scene stats on yesterdays video. Such as how they project subscriptions and views now that we had a real game day chat, vs how they projected them during those test videos.

Id also love to know if they tell  you how many watch hours we got. And how much we have left to get to our goals for monetization. 

I see its up to 155 views. Any way of knowing how many were unique viewers vs repeat viewers?

When I get a chance I'll get those numbers. I wanted to be there for it but had a bit of a family emergency and was in the hospital most of Saturday and almost all of Sunday. My mother had what's called an "TIA" or transient ischemic attack, often referred to as a 'ministroke', even thought it's not really a stroke. Everything's ok now, since a TIA is just a 'momentary' sort of event. 

I'm about to head back to the hospital in a few minutes, but when I get back home later tonight, I'll look at the stats and post them. 

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah. Every WR in the league knows how the DB wants to play it. It’s his job to get him inside or to get vertical as quickly as possible between the numbers and the sideline. Reagor gave up on what he was taught because it was too hard. 

That's some projection on your part.  

Archived