MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

I wanna see Lolo in a physical elimination, but I think the rest of the girls would be terrified of putting her in there

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I wanna see Lolo in a physical elimination, but I think the rest of the girls would be terrified of putting her in there

which is how this season got to where its at. Lolo falling apart, blowing up her team from within while thirsting for competition that nobody is going to serve on a silver platter to her. What she doesn't realize is the only way she is going to get that chance is by making nice w her partner and winning a freaking daily challenge. But she's so freaking crazy she won't consider that. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:45 AM, Kz! said:

Yeah, the format of forcing everyone to compete in eliminations really cuts down on the sleaziness/drama of the show, IMO. I'm OK with the change because it makes it a little more fair, but the result is a complete lack of real drama. To replace the real drama, they've pretty much focused on petty squabbling between the rookie girls and Josh's emotional instability.

I mean, how insane is it that the winning Amber was whining about being "blindsided" and "betrayed" when she ended up in a hall brawl with a 75 pound opponent? She should be thanking the chick who sent her in. Her other options to get a skull were Nany, who at least is a similar size and pretty fiery in eliminations, or getting completely eviscerated by Lolo.

I also can’t stand it when there’s limited Gold Skulls and someone gets put in against a weaker person to try to get their skull, then that person is angry about it.  They should’ve put someone in (if not themselves) who has a Gold Skull.  That way there would still be 2 out there for the females.

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

yeah she said CT and Big T shouldve been disqualified for not dropping in the supposed legal area too but production wanted CT to get his skull... apparently she deleted some of these tweets.

What a horrible look they gave her though, if she's telling the truth. Safe to say this bridge is burned. 

• Like 1

Ooof - there's also the fact that she's batshit crazy - though I don't doubt that the producers definitely influence the show 

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Also

interesting official All Star title. Thought I read they were leaning into the "we want OGs" thing and just labeling it as such. This makes it feel more official/part of the plan and not just greenlighting a Mark Long spinoff  pitch

KAM!!! KAM!!! I WANT KAM!!!!

• Like 1

Also - again, I was glad to see Josh go, but there was definitely some problems with the amount of line left out on his harness during the elimination.  When he was hitting the platform he was hanging so low he had to lift his legs up to keep from banging into the side of it.  MTV is DEFINITELY making a push to get CT to the final.

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Also - again, I was glad to see Josh go, but there was definitely some problems with the amount of line left out on his harness during the elimination.  When he was hitting the platform he was hanging so low he had to lift his legs up to keep from banging into the side of it.  MTV is DEFINITELY making a push to get CT to the final.

The harness thing did seem odd where most people look like they can barely get tippy toes on it

just caught up with the most recent episode. Saw a reddit comment saying CT did the right thing in upgrading his partner, he just went about it the wrong way. Think that's fair and accurate.

Also kudos to Big T in this episode standing her ground in how she expressed herself and calling him a D for how he went about this. This will definitely be interesting to revisit at the reunion. 

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

just caught up with the most recent episode. Saw a reddit comment saying CT did the right thing in upgrading his partner, he just went about it the wrong way. Think that's fair and accurate.

Also kudos to Big T in this episode standing her ground in how she expressed herself and calling him a D for how he went about this. This will definitely be interesting to revisit at the reunion. 

Exactly.  I'm fine with him dumping her - if he wants to win, having Kam as his partner gives him a MUCH better shot than having Big T  She's more athletic and also has more pull in the house.  But he definitely was a dick about it.

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Exactly.  I'm fine with him dumping her - if he wants to win, having Kam as his partner gives him a MUCH better shot than having Big T  She's more athletic and also has more pull in the house.  But he definitely was a dick about it.

After how tender he has been with her I was, naively, surprised by A. Him changing partners B. just acting like Big T was straight trash. She has been surprisingly good IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, jrsu37 said:

After how tender he has been with her I was, naively, surprised by A. Him changing partners B. just acting like Big T was straight trash. She has been surprisingly good IMO.

I agree that she's been a surprise, but she's still nowhere near Kam as a competitor.  I think CT just started smelling that million and couldn't help it.

Big T not a killa

great Kam moment was a season or two ago where she had power, told everybody one thing, then did the opposite in order to keep the element of surprise. I don’t remember any specifics today, but remember my thoughts in the moment of her being a G

I think I'd take Kaycee over Kam. I thought Darrell might have switched too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think I'd take Kaycee over Kam. I thought Darrell might have switched too.

Yeah that's what I was saying during the episode. 

Kaycee has the big brother sucks blood is what helps her case most. 

Was way behind and just caught up. Dude, CT, don’t be a dick about it. She got you in the crater against a cupcake. I hope Nam and T win another and one of them gets a skull

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

Was way behind and just caught up. Dude, CT, don’t be a dick about it. She got you in the crater against a cupcake. I hope Nam and T win another and one of them gets a skull

Nam is gone dude

5 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Nam is gone dude

:roll: this!!!

Yo, on the real tho... CBS All Access aka Paramount + has been in my life for one week now. I have watched all of the Wes (Austin) and Bananas (Key West) Real World season episodes during this time. They also have almost every Challenge season from 13 to present on there, and I feel like I've seen every season since 25, and probably another third of the seasons between 13 and 25... feel like this is how I want to spend my time. 

Almost every Real World season is there, but I wasn't watching the Challenge during my HS and College years (99-2008) save for a couple parts of seasons during HS. So when I look at the cast lists of early Real World, none of them are people that have been prevalent in my life from the Challenge season's I've watched (OF COURSE, the CT and Leroy/Nany seasons of the Real World are basically the only ones NOT on the App...). The Sarah who Bananas took the money from season is on there, Jordan has his season on there, and I think some past (mid-2010s) cast mates (Jonny Reiley, Avery, Couhutta) were all 3 on a RW season together? Think those might be the other ones I try to watch since I at least have familiarity with the cast outside of the RW universe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

:roll: this!!!

Yo, on the real tho... CBS All Access aka Paramount + has been in my life for one week now. I have watched all of the Wes (Austin) and Bananas (Key West) Real World season episodes during this time. They also have almost every Challenge season from 13 to present on there, and I feel like I've seen every season since 25, and probably another third of the seasons between 13 and 25... feel like this is how I want to spend my time. 

Almost every Real World season is there, but I wasn't watching the Challenge during my HS and College years (99-2008) save for a couple parts of seasons during HS. So when I look at the cast lists of early Real World, none of them are people that have been prevalent in my life from the Challenge season's I've watched (OF COURSE, the CT and Leroy/Nany seasons of the Real World are basically the only ones NOT on the App...). The Sarah who Bananas took the money from season is on there, Jordan has his season on there, and I think some past (mid-2010s) cast mates (Jonny Reiley, Avery, Couhutta) were all 3 on a RW season together? Think those might be the other ones I try to watch since I at least have familiarity with the cast outside of the RW universe. 

I been had CBS All Access for Big Brother live feeds  - by far the best thing to leave on in the background while WFH. but re: your bolded, Jordan, Riley and Avery were all on the same RW together, Portland w (Hurricane) Nia. That season was actually insane, Avery was allowed to bring her little chiuahua with her for some reason, and Nia and Avery eventually get in a huuuge brawl, w Nia suckering Avery, after she comes to defend Riley when Nia first went after him. F it, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/realworld/posts/10157997722578943 

+ pt 2: 

no clue why i can only seemingly find this on facebook, but there ya go 

• Like 1