MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

53 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Man I didn't watch this ish for the last probably 10yrs, but quarantine and lack of sports there for a while pulled me back in. It's amazing to see how much CT has grown as a person/competitor. Watching him actually lift Big T up, and coddle her, help her, and let her take the lead is cute. 

I just remember "CHOO CHOO!!" beer drinking cig smoking Boston cliché CT.

Oh yeah CT is a totally different person now - married (I think they're split up though), has a kid, etc.  He's now like the father figure to everyone :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

Man I didn't watch this ish for the last probably 10yrs, but quarantine and lack of sports there for a while pulled me back in. It's amazing to see how much CT has grown as a person/competitor. Watching him actually lift Big T up, and coddle her, help her, and let her take the lead is cute. 

I just remember "CHOO CHOO!!" beer drinking cig smoking Boston cliché CT.

MTV should be awarded some kind of Nobel Peace Price for the evolution of both CT and The Situation :lol: 

31 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Oh yeah CT is a totally different person now - married (I think they're split up though), has a kid, etc.  He's now like the father figure to everyone :lol: 

yeah, new CT is awesome (not that old one wasn't). I'm guessing it was some MTV would foot the bill, but when he got married to this crazy abusive latina, the whole pre-wedding lead up and actual wedding were like a 4-part mini series on MTV, during which his son (with her) was already around, so you could see him in parent mode.

Also, re-watched a lot of old seasons including many of the Diem ones (including her last episode where she left early and he basically wedding threshold carried her through the whole house and to the SUV to take her to the hospital) and that ish crushes so much harder knowing her inevitable outcome as well as knowing his progressions in life. 

7 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

yeah, new CT is awesome (not that old one wasn't). I'm guessing it was some MTV would foot the bill, but when he got married to this crazy abusive latina, the whole pre-wedding lead up and actual wedding were like a 4-part mini series on MTV, during which his son (with her) was already around, so you could see him in parent mode.

I was not aware that this existed...I'm going to hunt it down and watch lol. CT backstory lore.

10 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

MTV should be awarded some kind of Nobel Peace Price for the evolution of both CT and The Situation :lol: 

Also, re-watched a lot of old seasons including many of the Diem ones (including her last episode where she left early and he basically wedding threshold carried her through the whole house and to the SUV to take her to the hospital) and that ish crushes so much harder knowing her inevitable outcome as well as knowing his progressions in life. 

You could see plain as day on the wedding special that that marriage was NOT going to last :lol: 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, JBENT87 said:

Anyone else think the editing has been slightly off this season? Seems like a lot of moving parts at the moment and none of them are particularly interesting. The beginning of this episode with Devin acting like a 7th grader telling the new girl to leave, which then somehow started a rivalry amongst them just made me wanna turn the show off. Or maybe this is all just the Bananas Effect. Not having him around to fan the flames and provide an easy target is a fool proof template for this show that they obviously cant use this season. 

Yeah, I feel like he was the victim of editing there. He's a dick, but there's no way there wasn't more to that conversation that prompted him to act that way, I would think.

17 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

Disappointed to not see more Tori drama... there were rumors of her and Jordan breaking up a month or so before they did, leading people to believe it was bc what happened on this season. So obviously at this point, that's in regards to that weird ass relationship with Fessy. He had a shady ass quote at the end too for talking about a girl with an engagement ring on her finger. But yeah would've liked to hear/see a little more lol

I thought the whole backlash about Tori wanting a weaker challenger was completely overblown. Kind of made the whole episode tedious, in my book. Way too much screen time for that. Of course the vets will want the weaker, smaller rookies, big effin deal. 

Also hated the elimination. I mean, there's probably only three/four girls who could have pulled that container over. Aneesa, based on being an absolute unit, Lolo, Casey, and Tori (albeit very slowly). No other girl would have a shot at budging it. Imagine if it were Big T vs. another small rookie girl. It would have never ended.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

I thought the whole backlash about Tori wanting a weaker challenger was completely overblown. Kind of made the whole episode tedious, in my book. Way too much screen time for that. Of course the vets will want the weaker, smaller rookies, big effin deal. 

yeah, this again I think is a result of the Bananas Effect. Tori was always cool on these things and competitive and not an a-hole. Suddenly this season she's in this big 2 alliance with Aneesa and looking down on the rookies and being arrogant. Despite every time she talked she just explained the situation and how this is no different than any other season, in how the vets are going to want the rookies to go in. Even in "the club" (/blow up igloo tent in the backyard), she was being respectful to Big T I thought by playing along with the VIP section etc. But the editing needs a central figure the other boring characters can rally against to keep the story going. No Bananas this season (or Wes, essentially w that early elimination), so who can we put in this role? Well she's gone now as is her weird Fessy relationship, so can't rely on her as a target/plot device going forward. Let's hope the small rookie girls get out of their pajamas and bunk beds and do something in the house and give the producers something to work with. 

(Disclaimer: hard to rip on anyone for wanting to stay under the radar and I admit that's a little hypocritical as that's the approach any sane person like myself should take on these shows :lol:  - which is why we/those people wouldn't get cast in the first place. Big Brother I would tow the line between the two big alliances and not do anything to put myself into the spotlight until halfway through the game. Same w The Challenge. Especially this current format, considering there will ultimately be a Purge elimination to get your skull then, if you last to that point. I'm not putting myself down there at all unless it's a Fessy situation and I know the odds are stacked in my favor - Sorry not sorry, Corey!) 

to your comments on being on the show... I think I would want to stay in the shadows but I am more like Devin in personality and calling out BS and idiocy with people, so I would definitely wind up getting my screen time :lol:

44 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

to your comments on being on the show... I think I would want to stay in the shadows but I am more like Devin in personality and calling out BS and idiocy with people, so I would definitely wind up getting my screen time :lol:

I'd probably just get laid a lot, and chill...Which would cause it's own drama for not being drama.

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

I'd probably just get laid a lot, and chill...Which would cause it's own drama for not being drama.

if we're talking about us in our early 20s... sure. I def would've been fine and found my screen time. I'm thinking more along the lines of current day. I'm just too much smarter now than I was then and would be more focused on the money than the pride/ego (and hookups) and the dumb decisions/fallout that comes along with that. 

I don’t know how a dude who worked for WWE and is on the road for like 300 days of the year had a problem being away for 2 months but ok 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t know how a dude who worked for WWE and is on the road for like 300 days of the year had a problem being away for 2 months but ok 

It sounded like it was because of the group sleeping setting that reminded him of living in a group home.

I’m not too surprised that TJ didn’t call him a quitter for leaving and talking about how he hates quitters.  He would’ve done that in the past, but things have changed.

13 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

It sounded like it was because of the group sleeping setting that reminded him of living in a group home.

I’m not too surprised that TJ didn’t call him a quitter for leaving and talking about how he hates quitters.  He would’ve done that in the past, but things have changed.

Yes, everyone is soft as ish now. The old TJ would have mocked him for growing up in foster care and told him to take a hike. :lol: 

Speaking of, my fiancée and I have been going through some old seasons recently and we finished the weird Island season a few weeks ago. This chick Ashley, who I don't think has been back, cut open her foot on a broken bottle and had to get an ish ton of stitches. She decided to throw herself into an elimination to try to get a key and if not she'd get to go home and take care of her foot. She competed really hard in probably the most physical and grueling challenge of that season. TJ clowned her hard on the way out. Said it felt like she was quitting, etc. and basically recited his quitter speech. It was brutal.  

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Aneesa showed exactly why Fessy doesn't want her as a partner last night :lol: 

She said she would have tried harder if it was the final. :lol: 

Fessy's kind of effed, he's going to have to go back in to shed Anneesa unless someone snatches him, I guess. Whoever gets stuck with Aneesa should probably just quit. 

Also, kind of surprised at how poorly Lolo and Nam. Would have definitely considered them the favorite for a long-distance run. Lolo showing off the crazy/bratty side. Surprised she hasn't had a full on meltdown yet.

3 minutes ago, Kz! said:

She said she would have tried harder if it was the final. :lol: 

Fessy's kind of effed, he's going to have to go back in to shed Anneesa unless someone snatches him, I guess. Whoever gets stuck with Aneesa should probably just quit. 

Also, kind of surprised at how poorly Lolo and Nam. Would have definitely considered them the favorite for a long-distance run. Lolo showing off the crazy/bratty side. Surprised she hasn't had a full on meltdown yet.

Lolo is a physical specimen but she's definitely a spoiled brat.  Understand now why she's never been married - bratty and won't give it up until she's married :lol: 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:09 PM, Kz! said:

Yes, everyone is soft as ish now. The old TJ would have mocked him for growing up in foster care and told him to take a hike. :lol: 

Speaking of, my fiancée and I have been going through some old seasons recently and we finished the weird Island season a few weeks ago. This chick Ashley, who I don't think has been back, cut open her foot on a broken bottle and had to get an ish ton of stitches. She decided to throw herself into an elimination to try to get a key and if not she'd get to go home and take care of her foot. She competed really hard in probably the most physical and grueling challenge of that season. TJ clowned her hard on the way out. Said it felt like she was quitting, etc. and basically recited his quitter speech. It was brutal.  

Kids in grade school are also committing suicide now more than they ever have been bc of being bullied. Kids are "soft" now, sure, but bullying today has evolved as well. They don't just leave it at school, it follows them home thanks to the stupid phones and social media. 

While these people on this show are far from grade school kids, it doesn't matter. If companies in the public spotlight can emphasize taking care of and bringing awareness to mental health today they're going to do it. There's probably a large portion of their audience who are irrational dumb young adults. So what if they're pandering to that demographic?

One of the first AYTO additions to the show was a kid Brandon with his "ex" Bianca? from the season of AYTO they were on. And he ended up quitting in like week 3 because he "missed his girlfriend." F that kid. Quitting there isn't the same as someone saying they're feeling triggered by something and getting depressed and they think they'd be better off leaving to handle it.  

On 1/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, mikemack8 said:

Lolo is a physical specimen but she's definitely a spoiled brat.  Understand now why she's never been married - bratty and won't give it up until she's married :lol: 

True obviously, but there are so many many tools out there in the world. You're telling me theres not a male equivalent to this Psycho? There has to be... just make her the Bachlorette already or give her an MTV dating show and let her get F'd already. 

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 1:09 PM, Kz! said:

Yes, everyone is soft as ish now. 

Man...Quite possibly the weakest thing I've ever read on the EMB, and that's saying something.

lost of grown men watching this show..watching wedding specials & sheet. :lol:  isn't it a reality show featuring people from other reality shows? 

19 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

lost of grown men watching this show..watching wedding specials & sheet. :lol:  isn't it a reality show featuring people from other reality shows? 

you would love it so much! One of my friends (turning 40 this year) was 100% against it but watched last season out of boredom (we were like 2 months into covid lockdowns when it came out) and since then he has gotten CBS All Access or whatever it's called and I think burned through 10+ seasons :roll:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Man...Quite possibly the weakest thing I've ever read on the EMB, and that's saying something.

Damn, really? Whoa.

20 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Watched it when I was younger...Hadn't watched any of this ish since prob 2000. Then COVID hit, and there were no sports, and you can bet on this show on Fanduel so it helped scratch my gambling/competitive itch. 

Now I'm mostly on my phone watching with the lady of the house.  

Just now, Kz! said:

Damn, really? Whoa.

Yeah...What's next? "My dad called me a fa**ot and beat me, but I turned out ok." It's definitely something weak people with long lingering trauma do and say.

But I digress...It's a thread about an MTV show. My apologies.

Their social media has been posting throw back clips recently too