MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

3 hours ago, Kz! said:

Yeah, completely obliterated. He also wanted to fight Mike the Miz when he got a wedgie that one season.

That was hilarious. He was laughing about it one minute and then just freaked out the next.

Watching season 20. Just say bananas backpack. Only thing I dislike is that it was a coin flip for each guy and guy to determine if they went first or second against the same competitor. I don’t care who you throw in there as the 2 nominees; the person going 2nd is facing someone who’s already had to exert themselves in Rd1. It should have been 4 heavy hitters brought in with the coin flip allowing the nominee to choose which one they want to face. Then you have both people competing against someone fresh, and the coin flip winner choosing which heavy hitter they think is easier to add another dynamic to that person coming in with added fire. 

16 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Watching season 20. Just say bananas backpack. Only thing I dislike is that it was a coin flip for each guy and guy to determine if they went first or second against the same competitor. I don’t care who you throw in there as the 2 nominees; the person going 2nd is facing someone who’s already had to exert themselves in Rd1. It should have been 4 heavy hitters brought in with the coin flip allowing the nominee to choose which one they want to face. Then you have both people competing against someone fresh, and the coin flip winner choosing which heavy hitter they think is easier to add another dynamic to that person coming in with added fire. 

which I guess is how Tyler won right? He went 2nd and lasted like 5 seconds longer than Bananas. 

Wonder if this specific format lead the way to the mercenaries later on. 

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

which I guess is how Tyler won right? He went 2nd and lasted like 5 seconds longer than Bananas. 

Wonder if this specific format lead the way to the mercenaries later on. 

Yeah, went second so the second the time elapsed 10 seconds or whatever bananas got smoked in, they blew the horn. Didn’t even play out the round lol 

and MERCENARIES was the word I couldn’t think of!!! Thank you!!!

I just got to exes. CT-Diem, Bananas-Camilla (I forget the 3rd team). I know I watched this probably within the past 2 years, but I’ll probably do it again. 

On 3/25/2021 at 4:01 PM, Agent23 said:

Man...I'm having a ish work morning, and this just made it all better. Agent you're a freaking challenge encyclopedia, and I love you for it.

Just now, jrsu37 said:

Man...I'm having a ish work morning, and this just made it all better. Agent you're a freaking challenge encyclopedia, and I love you for it.

I'm just conveniently deep in it at the moment! I think I watched the first season or two intermittently in High School, and then nothing at all until I was living in Boston around 2014? Maybe season 25ish range? So I have watched all the seasons from then until now on a weekly basis, which is awesome because you get exposure to characters over the course of like 15 weeks, for what's been about a dozen seasons in that time.

Going back within the past year and watching a few early-20s seasons, and then the past month with Paramount + watching from like season 10-20 has been awesome, but knocking out an entire season in a day has me legit trying to remember who won certain seasons that I literally watched like 5 days prior.... like it's sad how much random stuff I have forgotten just as soon as I've seen it :lol:

• Like 1

I mean.... CT gets crowned for that moment and going after / 1v1 with TO... but he didn't stand up did he? I haven't seen that clip since it happened and I thought I remembered CT ****ing out TO, but as that confrontation ended one guy was standing and the other was sitting down... CT just threw the lowblow at him with his financial issues. Not exactly a "yeah, thats our guy!!" moment for the fandom, the way they act like it is, IMO. 

I will watch this evening! 

Watched, pretty solid, something about it had the old school challenge feel to it, not sure what. EDIT: I know what  - it was the damn sun and fillming outdoors near water. Thats literally it. 

Some of these freaking people are old tho lol. That first challenge was tough to get through. Then the elimination, these people gotta feel like they got hit by a bus morning after doing stuff like that. I'm only 34 and I know how I feel after trying to still play basketball for example.

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

Watched, pretty solid, something about it had the old school challenge feel to it, not sure what. EDIT: I know what  - it was the damn sun and fillming outdoors near water. Thats literally it. 

Some of these freaking people are old tho lol. That first challenge was tough to get through. Then the elimination, these people gotta feel like they got hit by a bus morning after doing stuff like that. I'm only 34 and I know how I feel after trying to still play basketball for example.

Some of these people look 60 :lol:

The way Laterrian was slamming dude on the ground I know Ace is hurting for DAYS after, and using those muscles to lift Ace up 37 damn times you know Lat gunna be sore af for days after too :roll:

• Like 1

Just to make sure we’re all on the same page... all of us are rooting for big brother to LOSE, right? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Why the hell would Kyle ever make that deal? 

He was a 99% chance of going in when he didn’t win, so he really didn’t have much to lose. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

He was a 99% chance of going in when he didn’t win, so he really didn’t have much to lose. 

Yea I guess, but he had to also know he had a 99% chance of going in accepting the deal, it made no sense. And he probably would fare better against Leeroy than Fessy. This also could easily be an editing thing I suppose. 

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea I guess, but he had to also know he had a 99% chance of going in accepting the deal, it made no sense. And he probably would fare better against Leeroy than Fessy. This also could easily be an editing thing I suppose. 

Given the situation and Kyle’s standing in the house, he had zero pull in getting people to vote in Leroy. So house votes, if not for fessy, would have went his way. Then with Kam and Cory having power, Kam’s allegiance to Leroy is greater than Cory’s allegiance to Fessy, so I’m not sure there was any way for Kyle to avoid eliminating other than having house vote be Fessy and Kam/Cory splitting votes with her volunteering them. 

I'll say this again... everyone rips Big Brother, but that blindside Cory move to put him in by Kam would've absolutely been a move out of BB that would've been much more entertaining than what we ended up with. Instead lets just make the easy choice and kick the guy that's already down. 

Strategy and politicking this season was brutal IMO... saw a handful of fun clips and BTS conversations but it doesn't seem like any of it came to fruition. Even someone like Devin whose only chance to make it far is through politics mailed this season in as just BB antagonizer guy. 

Hopefully the All Stars season does a better job from that perspective. 

There was a recent interview that Bananas did where he said that the Challenge isn't as "fun" as it used to be - it's a bunch of cross fitters mixed in with some vets and there's no political game anymore, just ridiculous physical challenges and huge alliances where people slide the whole way through without much trouble.  Oh and they aren't as fun anymore either cause they severely limit the drinking - no more fights, no more hooking up, etc.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

There was a recent interview that Bananas did where he said that the Challenge isn't as "fun" as it used to be - it's a bunch of cross fitters mixed in with some vets and there's no political game anymore, just ridiculous physical challenges and huge alliances where people slide the whole way through without much trouble.  Oh and they aren't as fun anymore either cause they severely limit the drinking - no more fights, no more hooking up, etc.  

they also banned all brown liquor as well. so all these fruity drinks (i remember in the bunker season almost everyone was hanging out drinking that weird green stuff) and white wine hangouts making it to air in last couple seasons aren't just coincidence/editing. One of the new producers introduced that as a new rule a while back, I heard someone say on one of these podcasts I listened to. 

54 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

they also banned all brown liquor as well. so all these fruity drinks (i remember in the bunker season almost everyone was hanging out drinking that weird green stuff) and white wine hangouts making it to air in last couple seasons aren't just coincidence/editing. One of the new producers introduced that as a new rule a while back, I heard someone say on one of these podcasts I listened to. 

they dye all the alcohol now so they can monitor how much everyone drinks. I guess years ago people would sneak vodka and ish into water bottles :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

I'm pretty sure Tony was the final straw

• Like 1