MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

Bummed they had hall brawl of all things for the guy who was a football star. Was hoping for Fessy to get humbled in something using his brain. 

He’ll just gas out like he has in past and crap all over Kaycee for some BS. 

• Like 1

It’s been pretty typical in a lot of seasons (from my 15ish season binge I’ve been on) to have the hall brawl be last or next to last elimination. Almost like they want to end the chase for making the final with a bang. First time it’s been done back to back tho, even tho men and women have done hall brawls over the years and have had separate eliminations outside of M-F paired-team seasons. 

11 hours ago, homerpat said:

Bummed they had hall brawl of all things for the guy who was a football star. Was hoping for Fessy to get humbled in something using his brain. 

He’ll just gas out like he has in past and crap all over Kaycee for some BS. 

nothing worse than a tool who is actually talented/skilled. Jordan is like this to an extent, in different ways obviously. But Fessy with his introvert fake nice guy gimmick mixed with the arrogant comments when hes drinking, to then being able to actually back it up in physical events makes him probably the most unlikable male of all time on this show. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It’s been pretty typical in a lot of seasons (from my 15ish season binge I’ve been on) to have the hall brawl be last or next to last elimination. Almost like they want to end the chase for making the final with a bang. First time it’s been done back to back tho, even tho men and women have done hall brawls over the years and have had separate eliminations outside of M-F paired-team seasons. 

Hall Brawl was way overplayed this season. This was the 4th time it was the elimination challenge this season. I’m guessing COVID restricted some of the other things they could do.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hall Brawl was way overplayed this season. This was the 4th time it was the elimination challenge this season. I’m guessing COVID restricted some of the other things they could do.

They all live in close quarters and bunkbeds and share food, so I don't think anything inside of an elimination ring would be off limits. Unless meaning that maybe COVID affect work/construction crews that would set up other/more elaborate contraptions for them to use in an elimination round. 

26 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

They all live in close quarters and bunkbeds and share food, so I don't think anything inside of an elimination ring would be off limits. Unless meaning that maybe COVID affect work/construction crews that would set up other/more elaborate contraptions for them to use in an elimination round. 

Yea meant the second part. 

• Like 1

On my Paramount Plus binge of everything and in my re-watch of Invasion of the Champions. Starts out 12 chumps vs 8 champs... and they are in Team format where each week they rotate team elimination (unlike War or the Worlds, where only the losing team went into elimination against themselves). 

While a fun season, I dislike that the Champs basically have to take out themselves. Darrell just sent whack Zach home, but either dude would have murked any of the guys on the chumps team. I wonder if Smashley getting her first win was only because the Camilla/Cara Maria/Laurel trio (I don't count the Ashley that was Zach's ex from RW; San Diego as a true/feared Champ) basically all had to spend the season taking one another out instead of sending all the underclassmen home. 

26 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Fessy is the worst challenger of all time, hands down

he’s a coward. just a straight up coward

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Fessy is the worst challenger of all time, hands down

He’s a **** but Jay, Jenna’s ex is worse

Nothing would make me happier than to see CT win.  I wouldn't hate seeing Leroy win, either, although I hate how they rode with Big Brother all season.  Definite NO for Cory and Fessy.  

Also - when TJ announced that CT and Amber had won the eating challenge and she immediately pukes - TJ "That's disgusting" :roll: He's the greatest host of anything, all time

• Like 4

CT and Amber have to sabotage Kam and Cory, right?  Fessy and Kaycee have no chance with her knee gone, and Leroy and Nany aren't as big a threat because Nany can't run like the others can.  Plus Cory and Kam are currently closer to them.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s a **** but Jay, Jenna’s ex is worse

I watched the Jay/Jenna Real World season and that Challenge season live (and re-watched it last week), so I've never been super fond of Jay, but he has way more personality/charisma than Fessy and did decent enough that year before the fish drink that I would not rank him as more disappointing that Fessy. Fess is so damn ****made and I loooooved when RoyLee was like pooooooosaaaayyyy!!! :lol:

28 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

CT and Amber have to sabotage Kam and Cory, right?  Fessy and Kaycee have no chance with her knee gone, and Leroy and Nany aren't as big a threat because Nany can't run like the others can.  Plus Cory and Kam are currently closer to them.  

100% what my buddy and I were texting. When CT and Amber won stage 1 I was upset that BOTH didn't get allowed to throw time penalties on someone. What did make me happy was the re-start. SOOOOO many challenges a team will finish leg 1 like 45 mins before the next team (and sometimes even more than team 3), then to start leg 2 they get like a 5 min head start. That ish is weak. I like keeping a running clock of everyone's times. 

But when the new food penalty you can't consider Fessy and Kaycee any threat now and Nany is the anchor so Kam/Cory is who you have to keep at a distance. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

I watched the Jay/Jenna Real World season and that Challenge season live (and re-watched it last week), so I've never been super fond of Jay, but he has way more personality/charisma than Fessy and did decent enough that year before the fish drink that I would not rank him as more disappointing that Fessy. Fess is so damn ****made and I loooooved when RoyLee was like pooooooosaaaayyyy!!! :lol:

100% what my buddy and I were texting. When CT and Amber won stage 1 I was upset that BOTH didn't get allowed to throw time penalties on someone. What did make me happy was the re-start. SOOOOO many challenges a team will finish leg 1 like 45 mins before the next team (and sometimes even more than team 3), then to start leg 2 they get like a 5 min head start. That ish is weak. I like keeping a running clock of everyone's times. 

But when the new food penalty you can't consider Fessy and Kaycee any threat now and Nany is the anchor so Kam/Cory is who you have to keep at a distance. 

Yeah - if you read any of the next day recaps, regardless of the site, they ALL hate Fessy :lol:  I don't understand how Fessy and Kaycee were so confident - they both gassed the eff out last year.  And neither of them is strong in puzzles.  Leroy said it best - this is exactly why he didn't want CT in the final.  Dude shows up when it matters.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Definite NO for Cory and Fessy.  

I think entire world agrees on Fessy.

In past I would have agreed on Corey, but honestly, he sticks with his people. Has gotten better at challenges (remember that soccer one?  jesus christ) and generally seems like a pretty responsible person who appears to be a pretty awesome father to his kids. I want CT to win, but wouldn’t be upset with Corey. Lee has no shot with pu-Nany and Kam will win 5 of these

Yeah, I don't know how you can watch your crippled teammate try to down that disgusting platter of food in between sobs of despair and not do it with her. Pretty heartless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Isn't it just "here eat some extra gross ish while we watch". I don't think it really matters who they give it to.

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Isn't it just "here eat some extra gross ish while we watch". I don't think it really matters who they give it to.

Well it adds onto the time to finish, which I believe hurts them in the end.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Well it adds onto the time to finish, which I believe hurts them in the end.

Hmm hadn’t thought about that. I figured once a team finished it stopped the clock for everyone because they all just stopped eating.

11 hours ago, Kz! said:

Yeah, I don't know how you can watch your crippled teammate try to down that disgusting platter of food in between sobs of despair and not do it with her. Pretty heartless.

completely heartless. Freaking try at least. such a puss. If I were Kaycee we wouldn’t be aligning in future and i bet you see serious fallout if they do partner switches in the future. btw who would have guessed that Amber would be such a beast. I knew she had endurance, but she killed pretty much everything

also how can these dum dums not do basic math?  their puzzles and challenges are crap i do with my 6 year old

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - if you read any of the next day recaps, regardless of the site, they ALL hate Fessy :lol:  I don't understand how Fessy and Kaycee were so confident - they both gassed the eff out last year.  And neither of them is strong in puzzles.  Leroy said it best - this is exactly why he didn't want CT in the final.  Dude shows up when it matters.  

I have been watching all the challenge season on paramount plus and am up to season 31. CT has bee on the past 4 seasons I watched (two of which are Champs v Stars). The oldest is season 29 (Invasion of the Champs) where dad bod CT wins the Final against Nelson and Cory (note, the season starts with him walking outside in his neighborhood, only surprise pan down to his like 10 month old kid that was introduced to us for the first time).

Then dad body CT is killing it against professional athletes in Champs v Pros 1 and could have gone to the Final, but gives it to Wes (at the end, Kam Wimbley says something like "oh my god, I'm never doing one of those again. Have any of y'all done that before?", only for Wes in this drypan half-exhausted tone to say "we all have, that's why we're on the show" :lol: ).

Then Dirty 30 he finished in 3rd behind Jordan and Derrick, still with the dad bod.

Then Champs v Stars he goes to the Final and wins with Bananas and hawt Emily. But during that season he bullies TO and has COUNTLESS people comment on how dude looks like he lives on the couch but still comes out every challenge and smokes people :roll:

Now still dad bodding 6 seasons (plus one more v Stars season) he's looking like he might be the top male competitor. Just remarkable what that dude is capable of doing.

6 hours ago, homerpat said:

I think entire world agrees on Fessy.

In past I would have agreed on Corey, but honestly, he sticks with his people. Has gotten better at challenges (remember that soccer one?  jesus christ) and generally seems like a pretty responsible person who appears to be a pretty awesome father to his kids. I want CT to win, but wouldn’t be upset with Corey. Lee has no shot with pu-Nany and Kam will win 5 of these

I watched the soccer match (elimintion one) on vendettas season 31 during lunch today :roll: so bad

2 hours ago, homerpat said:

completely heartless. Freaking try at least. such a puss. If I were Kaycee we wouldn’t be aligning in future and i bet you see serious fallout if they do partner switches in the future. btw who would have guessed that Amber would be such a beast. I knew she had endurance, but she killed pretty much everything

also how can these dum sums not do basic math?  their puzzles and challenges are crap i do with my 6 year old

i watch the webisodes and listen to post show podcasts. Amber B was stating she has some severe number dyslexia and can't keep them straight in her head and needs to write them down, which they weren't able to do during that volcano event 

14 hours ago, Agent23 said:

i watch the webisodes and listen to post show podcasts. Amber B was stating she has some severe number dyslexia and can't keep them straight in her head and needs to write them down, which they weren't able to do during that volcano event 

I guess. But what is she going to say. Yeah I’m dumb as dirt. 

and she could have used the snow

On 4/15/2021 at 10:40 AM, Kz! said:

So I think I know what angle he's gonna try to play here at the reunion/whenever the next opportunity presents itself where he has to try and defend his actions/(inaction) by not eating. I watched Fessys Big Brother season and if you're not familiar with that, they do weeklong punishments throughout the season. Cold showers/eating only "slop" all week (not sure what it is, but blandish/flavorless oatmeal is what it looks like). During his season he got a punishment where he could only eat either ham or turkey for the entire week, not sure which one but pretty confident it was one of them. And he weasled out of the punishment bc of his religion/being Muslim where he said his religion didn't allow him to eat whatever meat/animal that was. So they got him a replacement instead (tofu or something). I bet he's going to come out and say he didn't eat the bull testicles, etc/whatever it was bc his religion prohibits him from eating that animal.  Just a guess. 

• Like 1

Saw this gold on Reddit 

Fessy did hit The Wizard of Oz hat trick didn't he? No brains, heart or courage.

• Like 3