Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok and that again is 1 or 2 from different drafts.  Also none of them amounted to much except Mahomes. Sitting a year doesn't mean they will be any good but, doesn't necessarily mean it didn't help them either. 

Also Jones sat for 4 games I'd hardly call that sitting and learning and he still blows. 

I just don't think it's necessary. 

I really didn't bother to give consideration to earlier drafts (if so I could have went way back to McNabb and I'm sure find plenty of others).  But I also was just mentioning a few other QBs that immediately came to mind.  And honestly, I didn't read back through earlier posts to see what prompted the question.  I too don't think you need to sit a QB - I've always thought the best way to develop is to get on the field and play.  Let them take their lumps and learn.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I think it was McShay that said yesterday that he thinks Pickett can come right in and have a Mac Jones impact to a decent team.  The rest need time.  I think that is what we are seeing and hearing across the board. 

Not remotely ready, but I think Willis will play right away, too.  As he becomes that team's version of Run Around Guy, fans fall in love with exciting plays and talk about upside and "give him a few more years".   That buys a coach and organization time.  Sound familiar?

A little familiar. I've never actually watched Willis so I can't comment to much on it. I do keep hearing he is a pretty good passer and fairly accurate. The knock I see about him is he makes bad decisions from time to time and he had terrible competition so that is the major concern with him. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

A little familiar. I've never actually watched Willis so I can't comment to much on it. I do keep hearing he is a pretty good passer and fairly accurate. The knock I see about him is he makes bad decisions from time to time and he had terrible competition so that is the major concern with him. 

All of that is really true.  He has way more arm talent than JH, but hasn't played anyone.  I just know some team (ant their fans) will fall in love with him for the exciting, run around plays and overlook his deficiencies.  I wouldn't want him, but that's not a QB model that is sustainable.

20 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

All of that is really true.  He has way more arm talent than JH, but hasn't played anyone.  I just know some team (ant their fans) will fall in love with him for the exciting, run around plays and overlook his deficiencies.  I wouldn't want him, but that's not a QB model that is sustainable.

I'm not even sure I want someone like R Wilson. Sure he can make plays from the pocket but he is still at his best making throws outside the pocket. As we have seen this past year the wheels are falling off a bit and he is struggling. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not even sure I want someone like R Wilson. Sure he can make plays from the pocket but he is still at his best making throws outside the pocket. As we have seen this past year the wheels are falling off a bit and he is struggling. 

The wheels are falling off? :lol: Dude put up 26 TD to 6 interceptions, with a 103 QB rating while playing behind a garbage offensive line. He missed three games, and had two tough outings coming back from the injury before he locked back in to his usual self. 

Put Wilson behind this offensive line and he’d be lethal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What about the Jimmy Garoppollo to Eagles story I saw a day ago?

Any takers?

What do we trade for him?

I dont think we give up 3 1st rounders.

Jimmy is signed for around $26mil or so for just 2022. After that, he's a free agent.

We would need to extend him as part of the deal.

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Any takers?

Jimmy is signed for around $26mil or so for just 2022. After that, he's a free agent.

No he sucks

• Like 1

Jimmy G sounds exactly like the player that Danny Boi Snyder would sign to be Washington's QB.

Once Jimmy signs in Washington, he will be injured half way through the season and will never be the same again and then retire or be released. This kinda stuff will keep going on and on in Washington...

Giving up 1st round picks for Wilson would be dumb. This team isn't winning anything for at least a couple years until we can build the defense up and get more talent all around. Having Russ would certainly win more games but would just make the rebuild much longer.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, CouchKing said:

Any takers?

JFC there wasn't a legitimate story linking Garoppolo to the Eagles.  

Still on my same thoughts

1- Do NOT trade for any QBs. (Watson would be my only option BUT he does not want to come here and if he gave in to a trade to Philly he wont be here long term so not worth it)

2- Only draft a QB if its Pickett in the 1st (Only if its a small move up or at one of our spots) or Strong if avail in the 2nd round.

3- If 2 is not avail, stick with Hurts and Minshew and build this team up and get the QB later down the line when we are a QB away. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, CouchKing said:

Any takers?

Ridiculous click bait.  And if Howie would trade even one 1st rounder for him he should be fired. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Ridiculous click bait.  And if Howie would trade even one 1st rounder for him he should be fired. 

Now you'll have people clamoring for that trade to happen. 

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

NFL rumors: Why insider says Jalen Hurts has high trade value | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Adam Schefter thinks the Eagles might be able to trade Jalen Hurts for a second rounder.

I've been pushing the trade Jalen Hurts idea for weeks. Great to see Schefter catching up.

Definitely not a bad idea. I wouldn't oppose it. I think Hurts' value is about as high as it will ever be. Could continue to pile up picks in preparation for a more QB rich class of rookies.

3 hours ago, CouchKing said:

NFL rumors: Why insider says Jalen Hurts has high trade value | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Adam Schefter thinks the Eagles might be able to trade Jalen Hurts for a second rounder.

I've been pushing the trade Jalen Hurts idea for weeks. Great to see Schefter catching up.

The introduction of this article summarizes what many Eagle's fans believe.

• Close to his ceiling
  • Limited physical traits
  • Not significant growth as a passer throughout the season

Despite all of that, I still think the wise move is to stick with him this season, get younger on defense, and if possible, get another first round pick next year. The latter is the most difficult as other teams will also be jockeying for draft picks to make a run at Stroud or Young. Maybe even Richardson, Levis, Rattler, etc... As much as we'd like to make it sound easy to trade picks, chances are against being able to find a partner unless something crazy happens in the draft.

3 hours ago, CouchKing said:

4 minutes ago, kentwo said:

The introduction of this article summarizes what many Eagle's fans believe.

• Close to his ceiling
  • Limited physical traits
  • Not significant growth as a passer throughout the season

Despite all of that, I still think the wise move is to stick with him this season, get younger on defense, and if possible, get another first round pick next year. The latter is the most difficult as other teams will also be jockeying for draft picks to make a run at Stroud or Young. Maybe even Richardson, Levis, Rattler, etc... As much as we'd like to make it sound easy to trade picks, chances are against being able to find a partner unless something crazy happens in the draft.

Just to be clear, Schefter was not suggesting the trade. He just said that Hurts would have trade value as a good cost controlled young QB, having been asked that question. 

It’s Hermann, a pretty idiotic Philly beat writer, who thinks it’s a good idea.

The smart move is build the team and roll with Hurts for another year.

12 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

104 people need to be tested for crack

What’s your solution then?

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

What’s your solution then?

Minshew for the 2022 season and draft one in 2023

On 2/17/2022 at 5:44 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Not remotely ready, but I think Willis will play right away, too.  

Willis is Hurts II, panics and quick to run leading to not seeing open receivers.....Do NOT WANT!!

57 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Minshew for the 2022 season and draft one in 2023

Okay, not a bad plan. But I’m presuming you don’t think that the Eagles could win it all with Minshew do you?

So does it matter whether Hurts or Minshew start? In fact if Hurts is as bad as you say, wouldn’t it be better to start him so we get a better pick for a QB in 2023?

6 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Okay, not a bad plan. But I’m presuming you don’t think that the Eagles could win it all with Minshew do you?

So does it matter whether Hurts or Minshew start? In fact if Hurts is as bad as you say, wouldn’t it be better to start him so we get a better pick for a QB in 2023?

Hell no I don't think they'd win it all with Minshew lol

He's a stopgap QB that's a better serviceable passer than Hurts so the receivers can actually develop

It's funny you say that because that's the exact thing we said about Minshew to you Hurts fans. No I don't think it'd be better to just start Hurts for a draft pick though. The receivers need to develop and they wont with Hurts. Starting Hurts just for a better draft pick wouldn't help Smith, Watkins, Goedert, and whoever else they bring in

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hell no I don't think they'd win it all with Minshew lol

He's a stopgap QB that's a better serviceable passer than Hurts so the receivers can actually develop

It's funny you say that because that's the exact thing we said about Minshew to you Hurts fans. No I don't think it'd be better to just start Hurts for a draft pick though. The receivers need to develop and they wont with Hurts. Starting Hurts just for a better draft pick wouldn't help Smith, Watkins, Goedert, and whoever else they bring in

Those three are just fine. Smith just broke the Eagles rookie receiving record. His one meaningful game with Minshew he had 20 yards. Goedert is already a vet.

I’m no Hurts fan, in fact I think he’s probably not the guy. I just think he is nowhere near as bad as people like you think he is. And that’s be worth rolling with for at least the first half of next season.