Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

If we roll with the Hurts and his field vision doesn’t get corrected by mid season will you still want to roll the remainder of the season?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BornGreen said:

If we roll with the Hurts and his field vision doesn’t get corrected by mid season will you still want to roll the remainder of the season?

And the problem here is its another year of not fully figuring out how good Smith and Goedert can truly be. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BornGreen said:

If it don't work by preseason, I'm rolling with Minshew.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The NFCCG is Stafford v.s. Garroppolo.  Not exactly elite.

Elite? Maybe not. Very good? Sure. Stafford is probably a top-10 QB and has a talented team. Jimmy G (can't spell his last name) has a talented team around him and finds ways to win. Jimmy G makes big-time throws and plays when the team needs him to. Overall, the NFC is a much weaker QB conference. AFC has Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and Burrow. Along with some other good QB's. NFC has Rodgers and Brady for the top tier guys and then some good  ones. But overall, I'd say the QB talent that made it to the NFCCG is up there from the NFC.

The question for me is, are they going to stick with the same run heavy offense next year?

If so we will lose again in the wildcard, and still not really develop our WRs.

11 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

If it don't work by preseason, I'm rolling with Minshew.

But what exactly does "working" mean?

Looking at the schedule, we can be winning a lot of games with Hurts still having a crappy QB rating and just running the ball a ton.

You think the FO will change QBs if we have a winning record, no matter how bad Hurts is playing?

5 minutes ago, Devaster said:

Elite? Maybe not. Very good? Sure. Stafford is probably a top-10 QB and has a talented team. Jimmy G (can't spell his last name) has a talented team around him and finds ways to win. Jimmy G makes big-time throws and plays when the team needs him to. Overall, the NFC is a much weaker QB conference. AFC has Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and Burrow. Along with some other good QB's. NFC has Rodgers and Brady for the top tier guys and then some good  ones. But overall, I'd say the QB talent that made it to the NFCCG is up there from the NFC.

Jimmy G f'ing sucks.  If you think he's a "winner" I'm sure you were a big believer in Mark Sanchez too.

23 hours ago, opa-opa said:

But what exactly does "working" mean?

Looking at the schedule, we can be winning a lot of games with Hurts still having a crappy QB rating and just running the ball a ton.

You think the FO will change QBs if we have a winning record, no matter how bad Hurts is playing?

Hurts is not seeing the open receivers, not progressing on his reads, runs too early.

Hurts really needs to be traded before the start of next season at draft, after draft, during preseason.

If Hurts starts next season, he would really need to eff up to get benched.

I want to draft a QB and start Minshew next year. 

Tampa Bay just laid down the blueprint on how to stop the Eagles with Hurts.

I don't see this franchise going anywhere with Hurts. Maybe make the playoffs.

We will be the kings of mediocrity, making the wildcard each year.

You need a throwing QB to win in the playoffs.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Hurts is not seeing the open receivers, not progressing on his reads, runs too early.

Hurts really needs to be before the start of next season at draft, after draft, during preseason.

If Hurts starts next season, he would really need to eff up to get benched.

I want to draft a QB and start Minshew next year. 

Tampa Bay just laid down the blueprint on how to stop the Eagles with Hurts.

I don't see this franchise going anywhere with Hurts. Maybe make the playoffs.

We will be the kings of mediocrity, making the wildcard each year.

You need a throwing QB to win in the playoffs.

I want a true franchise type QB too ... someone like Josh Allen who has great scrambling ability when needed and has a cannon for an arm and can make all the throws.  I don't think Hurts will ever become that guy but I also don't see a QB in this year's draft class that has the potential to become the next Allen (or Burrow or Herbert or ... leaving out Mahomes because he is a freak that only comes around once in a generation).  So we may be stuck with Hurts for another year which isn't the end of the world ... you use these picks to build the rest of the roster around the QB position.  Then in 2023 when you do bring in a QB he is coming to a much stronger situation and therefore has a much better chance at being successful.  To me that seems the smarter strategy than hitching your wagon to a QB this April that is more likely to be the next Trubisky or Daniel Jones or Darnold or Mayfield.  You just can't expect to take a QB just to take a QB and be able to force him to become great.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Jimmy G f'ing sucks.  If you think he's a "winner" I'm sure you were a big believer in Mark Sanchez too.

I wasn't, but I'm not sure what that had to do with current QB's. Jimmy G has been to the SB before and went toe to toe with Mahomes and lost. He very likely could be doing the same thing this season. He wouldn't be on the top of my list of QB's I'd want the Eagles to acquire, but he would certainly be a better option than Hurts. Health is a major concern with him though.

40 minutes ago, Devaster said:

I wasn't, but I'm not sure what that had to do with current QB's. Jimmy G has been to the SB before and went toe to toe with Mahomes and lost. He very likely could be doing the same thing this season. He wouldn't be on the top of my list of QB's I'd want the Eagles to acquire, but he would certainly be a better option than Hurts. Health is a major concern with him though.

If the Niners had a real Qb they would be unstoppable.  That DLine is disgusting, like 8 guys deep.  The power ball skill players are brutal to tackle all game and the OLine is top 10 at least..  Oh, btw Kyle Shanahan might be the most underrated HC in the league.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

If the Niners had a real Qb they would be unstoppable.  That DLine is disgusting, like 8 guys deep.  The power ball skill players are brutal to tackle all game and the OLine is top 10 at least..  Oh, btw Kyle Shanahan might be the most underrated HC in the league.

I don't think he is underrated. He still has that Falcons SB meltdown blemish on his record.

36 minutes ago, Devaster said:

I don't think he is underrated. He still has that Falcons SB meltdown blemish on his record.

I think he's the best HC in that division.

4 hours ago, Devaster said:

So Atlanta’s defense couldn’t stop Brady in the 4th quarter and that’s pinned solely on the OC?  I get it Atlanta’s offense sputtered but overall - Belichick does what Belichick normally does and made the right adjustments.  That was a complete team failure. 

4 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Tampa Bay just laid down the blueprint on how to stop the Eagles with Hurts

That's okay. The Rams laid down the blueprint on how to stop Tampa. It looks like both the Eagles and the Bucs will be 0-17 next season.

16 hours ago, BornGreen said:

No

I'm looking for Hurts to make a huge jump this off season. Players, especially QBs, rarely make significant improvements (changes) in season. He needs to show significant improvement within the first few games or the plan to replace him has to begin in earnest. There should also be "real" competition (Bridgewater?) in camp / preseason. 

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

So Atlanta’s defense couldn’t stop Brady in the 4th quarter and that’s pinned solely on the OC?  I get it Atlanta’s offense sputtered but overall - Belichick does what Belichick normally does and made the right adjustments.  That was a complete team failure. 

Yeah, the Atlanta SB loss was a total team failure. HC / OC tried to run out the clock after the first half. And then at the end of the game once in field goal range - run 3 times and then kick it to go up 2 possessions - win the game. I know a FG is not a gimme but "Money" Matt Bryant was a really good kicker for them. Matt Ryan can not take a sack there - pass had to come out immediately or throw it away over someones head or roll and throw it away.

1 hour ago, Nivraga said:

No

I'm looking for Hurts to make a huge jump this off season. Players, especially QBs, rarely make significant improvements (changes) in season. He needs to show significant improvement within the first few games or the plan to replace him has to begin in earnest. There should also be "real" competition (Bridgewater?) in camp / preseason. 

Bridgewater is real competition? Another dead arm QB that hasn't amounted to anything. 

Minshew is fine for his competition, there is no point in bringing in retreads to try and compete. It's either Hurts gets it together or they find another QB. 

2 hours ago, Nivraga said:

No

If Hurt's isn't improving next season they're drafting one in the off season so bringing in Minshew makes no difference beyond maybe an outside shot you increase the package you have to give up to get into the top 5 to pick a good QB in '23.

Pointless bringing Bridgewater in, how many teams have tried to rebuild his career now?  His career season is mediocre, he's a black Kyle Orton.

You draft a QB late this year, let him sit and learn the offense, work with the coaches, if by some miracle he excels and you give him a shot late season then great, if not you hope he has enough to play back up when you draft THE GUY in 23

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, Random Reglar said:

Almost all teams have a worse quarterback situation than the Eagles.

PFF has Hurts at #11 of 39.   He's signed, very cheaply, for the next 2 years.

Some teams have QBs who might be a little better and cost much more.  Eagles are in a better spot then them.

Burrow,  Mac Jones, Herbert seem to be better.  Maybe a few others, didn't go look at all of them.  You want the #11 QB getting paid almost nothing.

:roll:

• Haha 2

I hope Howie can leverage one of the three first round picks into a '23 first rounder, similar to what he did with Miami this season. Hurts has shown that he can compete against lesser competition and even without a significant improvement he should still be able to win a few games. That puts the Eagles '23 draft pick in the 10-17 range. Not high enough to get a top QB, especially with the expected quality of next year's crop. That would force them to mortgage the farm to move up to the top 1-2 to grab one of the top guys. Having an extra '23 pick would make that move much easier. If Hurts works out, great, but if not it would be a smart idea to diversify those draft picks if possible.

• Like 1

I went with "see how it plays out." I just feel that if the team goes out and gets one of these guys that they will have exhausted their draft capital and the cap money they have.

If this team was a QB away from winning, fine. Get one, but this team needs help everywhere.

• Like 2