Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

48 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I haven't seen this show yet, but you guys definitely talked me into never watching it!  

You're welcome!

• Like 2

We are just about ready to dive in to an episode or 2 of 13 reasons season 4 tonight. Even without what I read over the last page or so, I fully expect it to be terrible based on the ridiculousness of season 3. But weve come this far. Cant quit before the final season. This is it right?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We are just about ready to dive in to an episode or 2 of 13 reasons season 4 tonight. Even without what I read over the last page or so, I fully expect it to be terrible based on the ridiculousness of season 3. But weve come this far. Cant quit before the final season. This is it right?

Yup, last season with ridiculousness turned up to 11

16 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have about 4-5 left to power through. 

Started Good Girls last night. After watching Good Boys on HBO recently, figured this was a spin off of that and just rolled with it. Thought it was a movie we were watching and then it ends 45 minutes in and says episode 2 is starting up. Real WTF moment, when you're watching something on Netflix thinking its a movie and then ti reveals itself to be a series. I have no idea how this show can last multiple seasons (there are 2 on NF) when the entire plot is just about wrapped up all within the first episode. 

Anyway, Christina Hendricks is in this, so worth the price of admission right there. 

On 4/30/2020 at 11:08 AM, hputenis said:

Just finished the 1st episode of The Last Kingdom.  Holy ish............what a fantastic first episode.  Most shows take awhile to get into, but this starts off 100 mph.  4 seasons of this should keep me going for about a week.  

UHTRED! I watched the first couple of seasons when they came out. I have been saving the most recent release for a rainy day

• Like 1

forgot to menion I finish 13 reason back on tuesday? great choice for them to go 10 eps instead of 13. Didn't need all the extra filler. I was momentarily pissed when ep 10 started and was like 90 mins long! Then when I realized there was no 11, 12, or 13 i was happy

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

forgot to menion I finish 13 reason back on tuesday? great choice for them to go 10 eps instead of 13. Didn't need all the extra filler. I was momentarily pissed when ep 10 started and was like 90 mins long! Then when I realized there was no 11, 12, or 13 i was happy

How did you feel about

Spoiler

Justin getting teh aids and somehow dying from it less than a year

Also, forget where I read it but someone made the point Clay is the definition of "white privilege", and after all the stuff he got through in the last season alone, I can't disagree.

15 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How did you feel about

Hide contents

Also, forget where I read it but someone made the point Clay is the definition of "white privilege", and after all the stuff he got through in the last season alone, I can't disagree.

The decline seemed quick, but I'm not familiar enough with how quick things deteriorate once H turns to A. 

While its "nice" to have a show display acceptance, etc., they are all privileged as not a single person that told their family "oh btw I like to get choked out by deek" got any sort of resistance from anyone. People in the real world coming out will be catching flack from someone, so at least show one case of someone making it through that and display how some that's being shamed or whatever can push through that or find positive/supportive resources. It's like they want to add it all this inclusivity, but do it in the most Karen way possible. 

15 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How did you feel about

Hide contents

only on episode 2 of s4 after not watching season 3 and just watching the season recap of that.. the Bryce murdered stuff was the jump the shark/wait wtf am I watching this moment for me, but figured whatever I'll entertain this totally absurd last season... but yeah, a lot of these shows/movies with the white suburban kid that suffers from anxiety is very white privilege in itself... inner city, poor (not white) kids don't have time for anxiety and panic attacks. They're worried about getting through and home from school safe, then going to work to provide for their family and themselves. Can't worry about the relationship drama and going away to a luxurious rehab facility then coming back to a nice foster family, where again, you don't have to work. IDK this is a weird a** show for many reasons.That's just a small part of it.

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

The decline seemed quick, but I'm not familiar enough with how quick things deteriorate once H turns to A. 

While its "nice" to have a show display acceptance, etc., they are all privileged as not a single person that told their family "oh btw I like to get choked out by deek" got any sort of resistance from anyone. People in the real world coming out will be catching flack from someone, so at least show one case of someone making it through that and display how some that's being shamed or whatever can push through that or find positive/supportive resources. It's like they want to add it all this inclusivity, but do it in the most Karen way possible. 

Yea, all that was pretty unrealistic. Somehow the entire football team became the most woke jocks displayed ever on a show. And then at the prom the Dean who I guess was supposed to be one of antagonists of the season is suddenly "whoops, im gay too!"  

The "white privilege" stuff i was referring to was  

Spoiler

Clay trying to suicide by cop twice, escape a mental health hospital, vandalize school property, instigate a riot which included assaulting police and destroying a car, blowing a college interview and never coming clean about a murder. The only repercussions to all this was "oh he's going through a lot as a kid. Here, go to Brown University, we'll destroy any evidence of that murder thing."

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

only on episode 2 of s4 after not watching season 3 and just watching the season recap of that.. the Bryce murdered stuff was the jump the shark/wait wtf am I watching this moment for me, but figured whatever I'll entertain this totally absurd last season... but yeah, a lot of these shows/movies with the white suburban kid that suffers from anxiety is very white privilege in itself... inner city, poor (not white) kids don't have time for anxiety and panic attacks. They're worried about getting through and home from school safe, then going to work to provide for their family and themselves. Can't worry about the relationship drama and going away to a luxurious rehab facility then coming back to a nice foster family, where again, you don't have to work. IDK this is a weird a** show for many reasons.That's just a small part of it.

Buckle in if your only on episode 2, lol and be warned i basically spoiled the whole season above this post. 

Haven't watched it... yet

But 365 is being touted as more sexual than fifty shades(though to be honest fifty shades movie seemed tame IMO)

Season 4 of F Is For Family is out today! Plan on starting it tonight. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

My binge begins at 8pm tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, What The F said:

My binge begins at 8pm tomorrow night. 

I watched the first three episodes last night. Great as always. There's a classic Vic line in one of the episodes that nearly had me on the floor. :roll:

On 6/13/2020 at 3:52 AM, Mike030270 said:

Haven't watched it... yet

But 365 is being touted as more sexual than fifty shades(though to be honest fifty shades movie seemed tame IMO)

Don’t waste your time, I did CRAPOLA

Watched The Night Clerk the other day. It was good. You should watch it. 

edit. Ana De Armas shows her teets again. 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2020 at 6:59 AM, hputenis said:

I haven't seen this show yet, but you guys definitely talked me into never watching it!  

Season one was excellent (despite the crap acting), I only managed one or two eps of season 2 and never went back

Wait, it was announced March 25 that it was canceled, but since 2020 is so f'ed we all just found out about it on June 15th

:roll:

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, Dawkins 20 said:

I can't believe how hilarious this show is.  I just started watching this the other night.

Spoiler

When daughter comes out for Halloween dressed as NSDAP Jesus I am almost sheet my pants laughing.  

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I can't believe how hilarious this show is.  I just started watching this the other night.

Hide contents

When daughter comes out for Halloween dressed as NSDAP Jesus I am almost sheet my pants laughing.  

:roll:That Halloween episode is gold!

Honestly it gets better from there. Small things that seem insignificant in season 1 will pop up over the rest of the seasons. I just finished the new season and will be going back and watching again. It's just as good as the first three.

Spoiler

My favorite episode comes in Season 2. I won't spoil it for you, but the gist of the episode is that Frank is trained to do a different job driving a delivery truck. OMFG it's :roll::roll:. Check in here after you've watched it... that episode damn near killed me.

• Haha 1