Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Eurovision Song Contest (The Story of Fire Saga) - I recommend that you don't watch this.  Highly recommend that.  Strongly recommend it.  Good lord is it bad.  I watched it so you don't have to.  You're welcome.  It's like a cross between Zoolander and Pitch Perfect, but without any humor whatsoever.  Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams should be ashamed of themselves for having anything to do with this piece of crap.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

@dawkins4prez To the rescue!

Dungeons and Dragons ...is still an option - Fat nerd | Meme Generator

You did NOT just make fun of my half orc ranger....now you've done it buddy.

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I watched an episode of that House is Lava show and I told my son we will never watch another episode. It was horrible 

I tried it but couldn't get past the first episode. I guess because of how they react if someone falls in. They overdo it too much for me

Thought it was going to be some kind of ninja warrior thing but they're fake screaming when someone falls in kills it

23 hours ago, Gannan said:

Finding lot's of interesting documentaries on netflix. The "remastered" series is excellent. So far I've watched the ones on Robert Johnson, Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, and Jam Master Jay. There's also a great documentary on Jim Carey playing Andy Kaufman. Man that guy is f'n crazy (Carey not Kaufman). Watched one last night on Hulk hogan suing Gawker over a sex tape which was actually far more interesting and more political than it sounds.

My favorite part of that trial is Hulk Hogan has a 10 inch peen but Terry Boella does not have a 10 inch peen

• Haha 1

Sucker Punch is up

It was a pretty good movie with an interesting twist

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 4:06 PM, The_Omega said:

Eurovision Song Contest (The Story of Fire Saga) - I recommend that you don't watch this.  Highly recommend that.  Strongly recommend it.  Good lord is it bad.  I watched it so you don't have to.  You're welcome.  It's like a cross between Zoolander and Pitch Perfect, but without any humor whatsoever.  Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams should be ashamed of themselves for having anything to do with this piece of crap.

I kinda liked it.  Not Ferrell's best movie but certainly not his worst either.  It is exceedingly long however.  It's like an 80 minute comedy with a 35 minute Eurovision commercial thrown in the middle of it.  Jaja! Ding Dong!

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Sucker Punch is up

it may have been ahead of it's time. i thought visually it was very very very well done, plot was good and the ending okay [wink] it was always there [/win].

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Sucker Punch is up

Decent guilty pleasure movie for sure. IDK if I can call it a good movie, but I enjoy it. 

Like The Day After Tomorrow, or Doom with the Rock, or Hercules with The Rock.

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

Decent guilty pleasure movie for sure. IDK if I can call it a good movie, but I enjoy it. 

Day after tomorrow was on a few nights back and I had it on while I was chillin! (pun intended) 

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

I wouldn't put it with any of those movies at all

Trailer Park Boys...S12E2.  Julian hands his glass to bubbles to go get a job...and replaces it with a belt hooked squirt bottle.  :roll:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, rambo said:

Trailer Park Boys...S12E2.  Julian hands his glass to bubbles to go get a job...and replaces it with a belt hooked squirt bottle.  :roll:

nice find. Bubble flips the SUV on a getaway and Julian still walks out with the glass in his hand :roll:

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2020 at 3:26 PM, Mike030270 said:

Sucker Punch is up

That movie is all style and no substance and I even think the soundtrack is grossly overrated.  Just a bunch of lame covers.

47 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

3 eps in on the stranger...pretty good so far. 

not sure what happened w this, but the book is based in New Jersey. The main guy travels back and forth from NJ to NY to Ohio throughout the story.. was curious as to why/how they made the choice to base this overseas rather where it all happened. But obviously not that curious as I never googled it, and now here we are. Enjoy! 

9 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

not sure what happened w this, but the book is based in New Jersey. The main guy travels back and forth from NJ to NY to Ohio throughout the story.. was curious as to why/how they made the choice to base this overseas rather where it all happened. But obviously not that curious as I never googled it, and now here we are. Enjoy! 

There have been several Harlen Coben books that have been made into series for Netflix - they are all overseas somewhere instead of where they took place in the book stateside.  Not sure why that is

14 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

There have been several Harlen Coben books that have been made into series for Netflix - they are all overseas somewhere instead of where they took place in the book stateside.  Not sure why that is

HIGHLY LIKELY because it's cheaper to film there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

3 eps in on the stranger...pretty good so far. 

Definitely one of the more entertaining shows on Netflix.  There were a couple of boring episodes in there, but I almost didn't care because I absolutely had to know WTF happened in the end.  

Watching "Arrested Development" for first time - jeez what a stacked cast.  Knew it was a critic's hit, just never got around to watching it.  Not wet your pants funny, but definitely some good lines in every episode.

• Like 1

The Politician is a sharp funny show that stayed good in is 2nd season.

Dorohedoro is the best anime I've seen in a good long while.

On 6/12/2020 at 3:52 PM, Mike030270 said:

Haven't watched it... yet

But 365 is being touted as more sexual than fifty shades(though to be honest fifty shades movie seemed tame IMO)

if you want to watch the horniest movie you'll see this year, Gaspar Noe's Love is on Netflix.  That movie is smoking hot.