Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

23 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Anyone else watch The Old Guard?  It was decent

I saw half last night and I'm gonna watch the 2nd half tonight.  I am pleasantly surprised so far.  Very cool plot.  

Spoiler

I just finished the part where they locked up Charlize Theron's friend in that box and tossed her into the ocean for 500 years.  

Old Guard was pretty good. Feels a little disjointed to me, like it's not sure what movie it wants to be, if that makes sense. Worth a watch though. 

The Old Guard was OK.  Extraction was better.  OG looks like they set it up for at least 1 more.  I'll watch it.

Watched 365 last night.  Basically a skinemax movie.  The chick was hot. Terrible storyline and really stupid ending though.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, What The F said:

Watched 365 last night.  Basically a skinemax movie.  The chick was hot. Terrible storyline and really stupid ending though.  

So given the title & genre, it's mouth, ahz, then back to mouth ( but this time, closer to the right cheek) ?

I'm sure it was mentioned here somewhere but Peaky Blinders is one of my all time favorites.  Black Mirror is great too. 

• Like 1

I just watched The Old Guard. It was very enjoyable. I hope there will be more. 

On 7/16/2020 at 4:28 PM, What The F said:

I just suggested this to my wife after reading your review. Apparently I'm ahole for not listening to her because she told me about it and she doesn't want to watch it. I was told, so I'm told, that the movie caused big issues in Poland. A comeback of well you Pollaks can't keep your clothes on gets you to sleep on the couch. :roll:

• Haha 1

Anybody into Midnight Gospel?

Norsemen season 3 hits Wednesday.  I actually believe it's one of those cases where the spoof is better than the spoofed (Vikings).

Cursed

Spoiler

So we have to wait until the end for Merlin to get his powers back. He went Raiden on the paladins 

I didn't realize Nimue was the Lady of the Lake

Why don't they call the sword Excalibur? Also seemed like it the sword of power was only powerful for Nimue and Merlin. Others who held it didn't impacted

It dragged a lot. I'm curious where they take this show

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Cursed

Reveal hidden contents

So we have to wait until the end for Merlin to get his powers back. He went Raiden on the paladins 

Why don't they call the sword Excalibur? Also seemed like it the sword of power was only powerful for Nimue and Merlin. Others who held it didn't impacted

Doesn't look interesting enough without boobs.  Any boobs?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Doesn't look interesting enough without boobs.  Any boobs?

Lol you look at spoilers of shows before you watch? Strange

But no

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

But no

yeah spoilers dont bother me at all. I already forgot what I read there. 

I just watched umbrella academy and it wasn't bad until the last 3 episodes where literally nothing that any of the characters did made sense. Show could've been over after episode like 7 but the writers decided that everyone needed to all of a sudden become brainless morons to push it to 10 episodes 

Home Game first episode about the sport Calcio Storico was pretty crazy.

Basically if you combined rugby and MMA into one sport, and had a bunch of Italian neighborhoods play for pride. Pretty bad arse (short highlight of the sport not from the Netflix show):

Finally saw Only

Spoiler

Premise was interesting. Took me awhile to figure out what was going on.

IMO she was selfish for doing that. I understand she was likely going through some type of mental problem because of the isolation but it was for her own good. Can't imagine what it was like for the guy to see her take off the biohazard suit and get infected.

Would the UV lights clean the air coming from outside? Looked like he had the place taped up pretty good but I didn't understand how he was able to stop it coming in from the ventilation

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Cursed

Reveal hidden contents

Saw the first episode.  Looks nice, but a little childish to hook me.

47 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Saw the first episode.  Looks nice, but a little childish to hook me.

If you like the Merlin/King Arthur lore then you may like this

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

But no

image.gif.f74b750ebaf21ce2072ba5cdb28d7f8c.gif

• Like 1

Anyone try Netflix new Watch Now?

It's like a shuffle and if you don't like it you click Play Something Else

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Anybody into Midnight Gospel?

Norsemen season 3 hits Wednesday.  I actually believe it's one of those cases where the spoof is better than the spoofed (Vikings).

Norsemen is absolutely hilarious... I can't wait for season 3 

• Like 1

Killing Eve, watched the 1st season so far so good

Peaky, not going to find much better than that. Waiting for the rest of the season of Billions and the 2nd season of Taboo whenever that will happen 😏

• Like 3

On 7/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I watched the first two and the UFO one over the weekend. Good stuff, I hope they do more. I like a good crime/weird doc that's 45 minutes or less. Only thing I hate is some legitimately bother me and I want answers like how that guy jumped off the hotel.

this...

On 7/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, rambo said:

My wife is the same way.

Wife:  That's it?  We don't find out what happened?

Me:  It's called Unsolved Mysteries not Solved Mysteries :roll:

and this. :lol: 

i do a google search after each ep but it doesn't seem like any of them have been solved yet.  i need closure!  :nonono:  

45 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

this...

and this. :lol: 

i do a google search after each ep but it doesn't seem like any of them have been solved yet.  i need closure!  :nonono:  

I read somewhere about 1/4 of the original series ended up solved. I think the Alonzo Brooks and French family have the best shot here.