Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

17 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone try Netflix new Watch Now?

It's like a shuffle and if you don't like it you click Play Something Else

That sounds like a cool idea, but I feel like I'd be shuffling all damn day.  

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How was Taboo?  Hardy is excellent.  Never started it.  You recommend?  Is it on Netflix?

Taboo was awesome.  I am more excited about that show coming back than anything else.  It's a slow burn, but the cinematography, overall plot are fantastic.  Don't give up after the first few episodes.  The way they nailed the early 1800s time frame in London really drew me in too.  It was the best role I've ever seen Tom Hardy play.  I feel like I've been waiting a decade for season 2 to come out.  It's on hulu now if you have that.  I think it's like $5/month, and it's worth it for that show alone.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Killing Eve, watched the 1st season so far so good

Peaky, not going to find much better than that. Waiting for the rest of the season of Billions and the 2nd season of Taboo whenever that will happen 😏

I've gotta give Peaky Blinders another shot.  I've tried twice now and can't get past the first few episodes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I've gotta give Peaky Blinders another shot.  I've tried twice now and can't get past the first few episodes.  

Totally worth it.  Once you develop an ear for the accents and get to know the characters better it takes off.

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How was Taboo?  Hardy is excellent.  Never started it.  You recommend?  Is it on Netflix?

I've watched it a bunch of times waiting on season 2. Fair warning though if you didn't like GOT because of Jaime and Cersei than you may not like this

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Peaky Blinders is excellent. Definitely recommend

58 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Taboo was awesome.  I am more excited about that show coming back than anything else.  It's a slow burn, but the cinematography, overall plot are fantastic.  Don't give up after the first few episodes.  The way they nailed the early 1800s time frame in London really drew me in too.  It was the best role I've ever seen Tom Hardy play.  I feel like I've been waiting a decade for season 2 to come out.  It's on hulu now if you have that.  I think it's like $5/month, and it's worth it for that show alone.  

I really wanted to like Taboo because I love Tom Hardy.  But it's damn hard to follow what's going on sometimes.  The audio isn't very good either and between bad audio, Hardy's mumbling and his accent I'm mostly lost. 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:15 AM, Mike030270 said:

If you like the Merlin/King Arthur lore then you may like this

Yeah, this is very loosely based on the actual lore.  As in, it has nothing to do with the lore outside the names of the characters.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nah.  I lived in Altoona Pa.  I’ve seen it all.  I loved Cersei’s character.   

Jaime was the correct character to love, brah! 

42 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah, this is very loosely based on the actual lore.  As in, it has nothing to do with the lore outside the names of the characters.

It's a different take on it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's a different take on it 🤷‍♂️

It's inspired by Arthurian Legend is more accurate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It's inspired by Arthurian Legend is more accurate.

You're very picky lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike030270 said:

You're very picky lol

Excalibur really screwed Arthur for everybody else.  Every other version looks so small and winpy in comparison

Almost forgot, waiting for the final 10 episodes of Vikings.

Finishing the last 3 episodes of The Expanse S04 tonight, then hurry up and wait. 

21 hours ago, hputenis said:

21 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

Totally worth it.  Once you develop an ear for the accents and get to know the characters better it takes off.

I really struggled with the accents, too, and gave up after a couple episodes. 

4 hours ago, rambo said:

I *think* someone mentioned on the old board that they used closed caption option to assist them with the accents.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rambo said:

Always, always use subtitles on any series or movie I watch if available. British accents are the worst, they seem to mumble and don’t speak american very well. Got to admit I do like a lot of their shows that I’ve been watching lately

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Peaky is worth it.  I’ve been touting that show in here for years.   

"In here" only exists since May. Nice try again. 

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I knew some dingus would pull that.  You know what I’m saying, stalker.  JFC.  What is it with you?   Bored? Or just seriously desperate to score points?

Weird post.

21 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

I *think* someone mentioned on the old board that they used closed caption option to assist them with the accents.

Good call.  Thanks for the tip!   <------Mom thread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Anyone catch MIDWAY yet?  We need to see that, Midsommar and there is some new short series on the NY Mob that just dropped on NFlix

Get ready to be disturbed beyond belief.  It's the creepiest cult movie I've ever seen.  

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You don’t even follow Peaky Blinders anyway.  

I invented pearky blinders 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m Swedish.  I can handle it.  

HilariousInferiorAmericanavocet-small.gi

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Might have already been brought up but Umbrella Academy season 2 starts up July 31st

I could never get into this. I like super powers shows but this was just weird as hell