Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Add that to the list of reasons 2020 sucks!  

Gee Thanks | Told you so, Michael bolton, Movies worth watching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

only watched ep 1 so far...and i like it. 

Few episodes in. Living up to the first season.  Another great soundtrack. 

44 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

finished it last night. thought it was equal to or a tad better than season 1. i think i may read the comics. 

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm starved for content at this point and it seems the reviews are good so I think I'll check it out.

32 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm starved for content at this point and it seems the reviews are good so I think I'll check it out.

Definitely recommend it. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:01 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

umbrella academy season 2 dropped today. 

I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 last night.  It's more compelling than i expected, but the action scenes are really bad.  I will keep going for now.

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Just got through the 1st 2 episodes.  It's definitely better than I expected.  The music is awesome.  Maybe this will be answered later in the show but:

Spoiler

What is the purpose of having a talking chimp?  

15 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 last night.  It's more compelling than i expected, but the action scenes are really bad.  I will keep going for now.

the action scenes get better IMO, but never get to elite status. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

They don't need to have wow factor, just be interesting like in The Boys.  But this forumla of bad stunts and choppy footage to the backdrop of tongue in cheek pop tunes is lame as F.

On the birght side they sell the characters and the mystery well.  Drama wise its solid.

OK that settles it - if dawkins4prez doesn't like, guaranteed it's gonna be really good.  I'll start it tonight!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

yeah, it's not really an action show...and it's silly at times....but i found season 1 entertaining & 2 is off to a good start as well. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

and juno is a real five-head, eh?  

haaa, i said the same thing. 

overall, its a really good, fun show. season 2 def throws a couple curve balls. 

Yeah Umbrella Academy is entertaining. Its comicy in the outrageousness of the characters. And I dont care for that stuff. But I was entertained by it. I havent started season 2 yet. Mrs HE and I are watching the latest season of Shameless right now. I intend to start UA season 2 as soon as we finish Shameless. 

If you’re looking for a quick movie that seems like a fast paced movie, watch Circle.  Basically a bunch of people wake up and are in a room where someone dies every minute (or two, I forget the exact timeframe).  They pick who is killed amongst them (by a secret vote).  They don’t know why they are there or what the objective is.

16 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

If you’re looking for a quick movie that seems like a fast paced movie, watch Circle.  Basically a bunch of people wake up and are in a room where someone dies every minute (or two, I forget the exact timeframe).  They pick who is killed amongst them (by a secret vote).  They don’t know why they are there or what the objective is.

I watched that years ago and was thinking about re-watching it. It's an interesting time killer

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

and juno is a real five-head, eh?  

She's starting to look like a young Robert Duvall...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gern Blanston said:

She's starting to look like a young Robert Duvall...

she looks like she is always about to puke. 

She looks like she's aging right up there with the Cryptkeeper.  

On 8/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

haaa, i said the same thing. 

overall, its a really good, fun show. season 2 def throws a couple curve balls. 

I haven't quite finished it yet, but I binged the heck out of it the last 3 days.  I really enjoyed season 2.  I thought they did a better job of character development. 

Spoiler

Luther and 5 are hilarious in season 2.  

• Like 1

Just now, hputenis said:

I haven't quite finished it yet, but I binged the heck out of it the last 3 days.  I really enjoyed season 2.  I thought they did a better job of character development.  Luther and 5 are hilarious in this season.  

100% agree on the character development. i think there was more time this season because the storyline wasnt so much about how dysfunctional they were as a family. there was time to show us who these people are. but yeah, luther and 5 were very funny. heck even diego has some funny scenes. 

also, we learned quite a bit more about who dad was/is. 

• Like 1

imo this shameless season without Fiona is pretty much the same as it always was. I still enjoy it and dont miss her at all. 

The first episode was weird in the sense that you have to just buy the sudden abrupt transition of Debby being the responsible one running the house. 

If you just go with it, the rest of the show is fine. And, its not horrible because Debbie is still no angel. They havent just tried to make her the new Fiona. Its somewhat buyable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

imo this shameless season without Fiona is pretty much the same as it always was. I still enjoy it and dont miss her at all. 

The first episode was weird in the sense that you have to just buy the sudden abrupt transition of Debby being the responsible one running the house. 

If you just go with it, the rest of the show is fine. And, its not horrible because Debbie is still no angel. They havent just tried to make her the new Fiona. Its somewhat buyable. 

At one point, Shameless was one of my favorite shows on TV.  The first few seasons, even into seasons 5-6 were hilarious.  Frank is the most despicable human being on that show in the history of television in my opinion.  I thought the plots got so ridiculous towards seasons 6 and 7 I kind of lost interest.  I don't think I've ever gotten that far into a show and not finished, but I thought the writing went really downhill.  However, it's tough to keep interest in the same characters for that long.  Overall, it's still a great show.  

Spoiler

I made it all the way to the episode where Fiona buys some sheety laundromat, and I think the little brother was wearing cornrows and selling drugs.  😂