Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

13 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

I've tried, but I just can't get into Better Call Saul. 

try again brah!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

same...i think i'm in season 2 but i only watch it when i run out of other shows to watch. i didn't really like his character in bb...so i'm not feeling a show all about him. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:38 PM, DEagle7 said:

Finally made it through Umbrella Academy season 2.  Love that damn show, but I'm a sucker for comic nonsense and shows with great soundtracks.  The actor who plays 5 is Fing incredible for his age.  As long as you can put up with some (purposeful) cheese I can't recommend it enough.

It's a really well done show and would recommend 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's a really well done show and would recommend 

one of my current favs. 

just finished cursed - i liked it a lot. prequel to the old king arthur story. 

letter to the king - not bad. not amazing, but id be in for another season. 

Watched Norsman season 3. Like mentioned above, some very funny parts. I really don't understand these 6 episode seasons,  especially when they are only 30 minutes each.  It looks like they spend a fortune on production, so why not take advantage of the sets and all that?  Great show, just not enough of it

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 11:23 AM, What The F said:

Watched Norsman season 3. Like mentioned above, some very funny parts. I really don't understand these 6 episode seasons,  especially when they are only 30 minutes each.  It looks like they spend a fortune on production, so why not take advantage of the sets and all that?  Great show, just not enough of it

finished season 3 myself recently, i agree that the seasons are too short. 

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

Really?  It is easily the best show on TV the past 5 years

Were you a BB fan?

• Like 3

I loved BB, but kind of meh about Better Call Saul. The stories and characters just aren't as consistently interesting. Every once in a while I'll see an episode that is really good, then it's followed up by 2-3 where nothing much really happens. 

• Like 1

Man - I guess I’m just way more into Kim Wexler than most.  Rhea Seehorn is ukin brilliant - the fact that she hasn’t even been nominated for an Emmy yet, let alone won, is one of the biggest jokes in TV

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

I loved BB, but kind of meh about Better Call Saul. The stories and characters just aren't as consistently interesting. Every once in a while I'll see an episode that is really good, then it's followed up by 2-3 where nothing much really happens. 

It’s a fair take. I love both but I can see how BCS is the more humorish show with occasional dark/action scenes whereas BB is the more dark/action packed show with occasional humorish scenes. I give BCS the nod in acting and cinematography though. Walter was the only great actor with Mike, Gus, Saul being very good. The 3 good are already in BCS with Kim, Lalo, Howard and Chuck all being pretty great 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It’s a fair take. I love both but I can see how BCS is the more humorish show with occasional dark/action scenes whereas BB is the more dark/action packed show with occasional humorish scenes. I give BCS the nod in acting and cinematography though. Walter was the only great actor with Mike, Gus, Saul being very good. The 3 good are already in BCS with Kim, Lalo, Howard and Chuck all being pretty great 

I enjoyed the parts that focused on the relationship between Jimmy and Chuck, but there weren’t many other interesting story elements to make me think "I can’t wait to watch the next episode” like BB did. 

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I enjoyed the parts that focused on the relationship between Jimmy and Chuck, but there weren’t many other interesting story elements to make me think "I can’t wait to watch the next episode” like BB did. 

Yea, it’s a much slower burn. The last season was really good though with that. Stakes definitely picked up now that the cartel/Gus is more involved. 

Better Call Saul, this past season felt like there should have been farther along with the story as if they put in too much filler. Felt the same way about the last season of Ozark, stretching it too thin

• Like 1

Well that sucks. I wasn't much of a fan of the 2nd season but the first season was awesome

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Well that sucks. I wasn't much of a fan of the 2nd season but the first season was awesome

2nd season did fall short. there is an animated version of the show on netflix, but havent watched it yet. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

2nd season did fall short. there is an animated version of the show on netflix, but havent watched it yet. 

Animated one is pretty good

• Like 1

Not sure how old it is, if its cancelled already, but watched the first 2 episodes of Mindhunters last night and will definitely continue...

19 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Not sure how old it is, if its cancelled already, but watched the first 2 episodes of Mindhunters last night and will definitely continue...

2 seasons.  It wasn't "cancelled" per se but a third season was put on "indefinite hold" because the director wanted to focus on other projects he had going on so I would guess thats it but who knows.

Fun fact if you didn't know, the main actor Jonathan Groff was the original King George from Hamilton

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Watched another 2 episodes last night - digging it.

The actor sounds a little like Tom Cruise and looks a little like Daniel Tosh...

12 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Watched another 2 episodes last night - digging it.

The actor sounds a little like Tom Cruise and looks a little like Daniel Tosh...

Yeah Mindhunter is pretty great - both seasons are solid

• Like 2

On 8/27/2020 at 2:56 PM, DEagle7 said:

2 seasons.  It wasn't "cancelled" per se but a third season was put on "indefinite hold" because the director wanted to focus on other projects he had going on so I would guess thats it but who knows.

Fun fact if you didn't know, the main actor Jonathan Groff was the original King George from Hamilton

giphy.gif

Also voiced the guy with the moose in Frozen if you have kids. Mindhunter season 1 was awesome. Halfway through the second and so far its good but falls a bit short of season 1. Again still really good though.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:51 PM, Mike030270 said:

Project Power was decent. They could have done more if it was a show

Explained your issue below I think.

Hide contents

They kinda explained the dying thing in the first confrontation of the movie. The first time you take it you don't know your power. So if you live and get superstrength, you will always get superstrength. If you blow up or freeze or whatever...then your dead lol.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:55 PM, Gannan said:

I despised that dynamic which is why it took me a 2nd/3rd try to power through this. Going from BrBa and the constantly escalating tension and action that explodes at its end to a flawed sibling drama dynamic in BCS at its core early on was such a hard transition for me. I felt like I was in Chucks blacked out curtains house in his tinfoil blanket for 6 years in those early seasons. Couldn't wait to move past that, but even when you do its into more legal white collar crime before slowly introducing the cartel characters later on. This show has moments of greatness (which for me are the flash forwards with Gene) but it is absolutely appropriate in saying that it's not for everyone. Whereas BrBa was a TV viewing experience that everyone should have, IMO. 

• Haha 1

Cobra Kai streaming on Netflix. I didn’t watch it on YouTube, but I’m digging it.