Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 8/25/2020 at 10:52 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

It’s a fair take. I love both but I can see how BCS is the more humorish show with occasional dark/action scenes whereas BB is the more dark/action packed show with occasional humorish scenes. I give BCS the nod in acting and cinematography though. Walter was the only great actor with Mike, Gus, Saul being very good. The 3 good are already in BCS with Kim, Lalo, Howard and Chuck all being pretty great 

Much like Walter White, BB transformed from more of a dark comedy into a dark drama. If you rewatch season 1, it’s much more like BCS than the later seasons. 

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Cobra Kai streaming on Netflix. I didn’t watch it on YouTube, but I’m digging it.

Only ****ots! didn’t watch it on YouTube! But at least Netflix is there to help you through your conversion therapy. 

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2020 at 10:52 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

It’s a fair take. I love both but I can see how BCS is the more humorish show with occasional dark/action scenes whereas BB is the more dark/action packed show with occasional humorish scenes. I give BCS the nod in acting and cinematography though. Walter was the only great actor with Mike, Gus, Saul being very good. The 3 good are already in BCS with Kim, Lalo, Howard and Chuck all being pretty great 

I honestly still have trouble getting into any other drama shows (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu) after I watched BB for the first time.  BCS could have been about absolutely nothing, and I would still be 100% invested.  I can definitely see how the first few seasons could be a slow burn for some people, but my advice is to just power through it.  This.....along with BB are the most entertaining shows I've ever seen on television.  

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, Boogyman said:

Explained your issue below I think.

Spoiler

My interpretation was just like any street drug you can potentially get your hands on something tainted that will kill you. Also if you OD like the fire guy did it will kill you. 

On 8/15/2020 at 7:51 PM, Mike030270 said:

Project Power was decent. They could have done more if it was a show

Hide contents

What bothered me was they made it seem like you could die if you took the pill but the cop was popping them like skittles

There wasn't many showcases of powers either. They probably spent their budget on the actors

Also maybe I missed it but I didn't understand keeping track of the time

I watched it. 

They said the power came from animals and pretty much listed each one there was. From the beginning to the end they pretty much showed you every one on the list, once. 

I do agree, the inconsistency of the pills potentially killing you. Seemed to be of no concern to the cop. Also seemed like he, and Jamie Fox for that matter, knew exactly which power they were getting before taking it. Which was not supposed to be. While it was very convenient when some of the bad guys popped a bad one. That cheapened the whole movie for me. 

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I watched it. 

They said the power came from animals and pretty much listed each one there was. From the beginning to the end they pretty much showed you every one on the list, once. 

I do agree, the inconsistency of the pills potentially killing you. Seemed to be of no concern to the cop. Also seemed like he, and Jamie Fox for that matter, knew exactly which power they were getting before taking it. Which was not supposed to be. While it was very convenient when some of the bad guys popped a bad one. That cheapened the whole movie for me. 

In the first confrontation the cop (forget his name) saved the girl from the 3 guys that tried to jack her. He asked them if they ever used it before and if they knew their power. He warned them about using it the first time and dying from it.

Whatever your power is, it will be the same every time you take a oill. So the first time there is a chance you can get an effect that might kill you. The fire guy died because he took 3 pills at the same time. The girl that was in the glass cage had the heat lamps keeping her from freezing, when the lamps failed she died. 

Again you always get the same power. The cops skin turned hard (I assumed it was an animal shell since they were all animal like powers) every time he took it.

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

In the first confrontation the cop (forget his name) saved the girl from the 3 guys that tried to jack her. He asked them if they ever used it before and if they knew their power. He warned them about using it the first time and dying from it.

Whatever your power is, it will be the same every time you take a oill. So the first time there is a chance you can get an effect that might kill you. The fire guy died because he took 3 pills at the same time. The girl that was in the glass cage had the heat lamps keeping her from freezing, when the lamps failed she died. 

Again you always get the same power. The cops skin turned hard (I assumed it was an animal shell since they were all animal like powers) every time he took it.

Ah! Thanks. I missed that. 

High Score was neat...6 part season on the history of videogames...Mainly Atari, Nintendo and Sega in season 1.

Pretty cool to hear some of the OGs talk about the time, creation of the games, genre emergence and patent issues.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ah! Thanks. I missed that. 

Yup. And Fox was scared of his power because of how uncontrollable it was. First time he killed a bunch of people by accident.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrsu37 said:

High Score was neat...6 part season on the history of videogames...Mainly Atari, Nintendo and Sega in season 1.

Pretty cool to hear some of the OGs talk about the time, creation of the games, genre emergence and patent issues.

My son and I really enjoyed watching that. It was a really well done documentary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

My son and I really enjoyed watching that. It was a really well done documentary.

Yeah I wasn't expecting much, but was really into it...And I love how those gaming nerds were exactly how you would imagine them lol...And I don't mean it in a bad way, just point of fact.

I really hope they do a second season hitting N64, PSX, XBOX and all that followed.

15 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Yeah I wasn't expecting much, but was really into it...And I love how those gaming nerds were exactly how you would imagine them lol...And I don't mean it in a bad way, just point of fact.

I really hope they do a second season hitting N64, PSX, XBOX and all that followed.

Yeah a follow up would be cool. Maybe 2 or 3 more episodes. Not sure if the modern gaming history would be as interesting though. 

I stayed up way too late last night binge watching Cobra Kai on netflix.  Man that show is awesome :lol:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

But then why did JGL ask the girl if the pill was from the same supplier? 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But then why did JGL ask the girl if the pill was from the same supplier? 

Not sure, id have to watch it again for context. maybe there are bad batches or fakes? But I am sure they get the same power everytime and you dont know what you are going to get the first time you take it. The was the whole point the knock off dirty Harry speech he gave the kids that attacked the girl in the beginning of the movie.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't know why but I'm re-watching Hell on Wheels

Yeah but, why?  

j/k.  It was good enough for me to watch a dozen episodes or so scattered over the first 3 seasons.  I lost ineterst when they jumped the shark on my fave character, the Swede.

15 hours ago, Gannan said:

I stayed up way too late last night binge watching Cobra Kai on netflix.  Man that show is awesome :lol:

Maaaaan... I watched season 1 when it came out and loved it.  Got busy with life and forgot about season 2. Until Friday.  I binge watched the season in 2 nights.  Cannot wait for season 3. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gannan said:

It really is great...Like a weird Karate Bad Santa at times. Really like this show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok.  Breaking Bad update from me.  I am about half way through S3.  Jesse just showed up to the laundromat lab.  I have to say, one of the things that turned me off from watching this show or going all in was the two main characters (actors).  I just didn't get a good feeling from them.  Cranston comes off, very unlikable and the Jesse character is the type of person I despise in real life.  Complete with the word "YO".  But Aaron Paul is brilliant in this.  Yes, Cranston is great too.  But I am drawn to Jesse's story and his anti-hero arch.  Skylar....well I know she turns out to be one of the most hated characters in TV history.  But I would seriously grudge F her.  Where it ranks with my all time favorite shows?  I wouldn't put it up there with The Sopranos or GOT....but it's climbing.  

Also the odd way they film certain scenes, the foreshadowing and sick humor makes the show.  

The last couple seasons are considered to be not only the best of the show, but some of the best ever in TV, and one of the rare shows where critics/audiences/hardcore felt the "stuck the landing". If you are feeling that high now after the slow ramp up I can't wait to hear your takes when you finish. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok.  Breaking Bad update from me.  I am about half way through S3.  Jesse just showed up to the laundromat lab.  I have to say, one of the things that turned me off from watching this show or going all in was the two main characters (actors).  I just didn't get a good feeling from them.  Cranston comes off, very unlikable and the Jesse character is the type of person I despise in real life.  Complete with the word "YO".  But Aaron Paul is brilliant in this.  Yes, Cranston is great too.  But I am drawn to Jesse's story and his anti-hero arch.  Skylar....well I know she turns out to be one of the most hated characters in TV history.  But I would seriously grudge F her.  Where it ranks with my all time favorite shows?  I wouldn't put it up there with The Sopranos or GOT....but it's climbing.  

Also the odd way they film certain scenes, the foreshadowing and sick humor makes the show.  

You’re just about at the peak of the rollercoaster 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoWorx said:

Cobra Kai is REALLY good

Yeah I was telling YOU PEOPLE that like 2-3 years ago! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Yeah I was telling YOU PEOPLE that like 2-3 years ago! 

i remember but didn't want to pay for You Tube Red.....WTF is You Tube Red? I spoiled it by getting on Reddit back then but its not the same as watching it. I'm 7 episodes in and Johnny is hilarious

Deadwood, old and cut short by HBO just to watch the 2 characters Al Swearengen and E.B. Farnum ... the greatest $hit talkers in TV history besides Boyd Crowder in Justified. Raylan Givens not too shabby either with Wynn Duffy as honorable mention. All truly with a way with words

8086B0BE-2ABE-4366-946F-CD105E6D8C0D.jpeg

• Like 1