Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

All that’s left is the finale for me.  Then should I watch Saul before El Camino or vice versa?

I'd watch Saul. El Camino wasn't good IMO. It's just if you want to know about Jessie right after the events of the finale. I didn't like Jessie so maybe that's why 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

All that’s left is the finale for me.  Then should I watch Saul before El Camino or vice versa?

Watch El Camino next, then dig into Saul

• Like 4

Just.watched Mars on Netflix. 2 season. Mix of documentary in the present and fictional story about the first Mars colony in the 2030s. First season was great. Second season really ish's the bed with left wing propaganda. Goes from being an exciting adventure about our first base on Mars and some of the scientific challenges we will face in getting there, to being all about how bad humans (Republicans) are and how evil corporations will destroy Mars just as they destroyed Earth. Pathetic drivel. Scene after scene following Greenpeace and other 'under-funded' organizations (which are really heavily funded). I had to fast forward through all the documentary content just to see how the more interesting fictional show ends. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

El Camino. You could technically say that is the real finale. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

1. He was cooking meth while on chemo and spending the limited family time he had left (or so everyone thought at that time) with a meth head former student out in the desert instead of his family

2. See #1, this time really understand the fact that he has a pregnant wife at home and a teenager and he still decides cooking meth as his brother in law is a DEA agent is the play here

3. she "committed tax fraud for lover" to keep the feds off "lovers" case, which in turn keeps them off her and Walts case

4. she didn't start / "ask for any of this," as she says late in the series. Don't blame Skylar for sticking up for herself and trying to take control of the mess her meth cooking husband created. 

Never understood the Skyler hate.  It always smelled of straight up sexism.  Same with Betty Draper in Mad Men.  There is simply no rational argument for them being anything other than the victims in their respective relationships.

If there is a difference between the two, I think it lies in Skyler just being treated unfairly in the eyes of the audience.  Betty Draper was woefully mismanaged by the show tself, a gaping weakness to an otherwise great show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

El Camino.  It concludes Breaking Bad.  BCS precludes it.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Never understood the Skyler hate.  It always smelled of straight up sexism.  Same with Betty Draper in Mad Men.  There is simply no rational argument for them being anything other than the victims in their respective relationships.

If there is a difference between the two, I think it lies in Skyler just being treated unfairly in the eyes of the audience.  Betty Draper was woefully mismanaged by the show tself, a gaping weakness to an otherwise great show.

I've re-watched the show 4-5 times at this point, just because I suck at finding new things to get into but also because it's so easily watchable and the second half of the final season is the best TV viewing experience I ever had, but right away on the second re-watch you are able to realize that the Skylar hate was ridiculous and she acted totally rational and justified in how she responded to Walts antics. I was actually astonished at how early on Skylar begins to suspect foul play/however you want to describe it from Walt, which I think is midway through season 1. When you realize that, now in hindsight her irritated, annoyed and disgusted attitude toward Walt throughout much of the series makes perfect sense.

I think it's just that on your first go through the white to gray to black character development of Walt sneaks up on you and you find yourself watching all the way through with Walt as your protagonist, even as you see him being a POS, and by default you assign Skylar to be the antagonist. When again, in hindsight/on a second viewing you can see that she isn't, and was just a significant other put in a horrible position. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

El Camino.  It concludes Breaking Bad.  BCS precludes it.

also keep in mind that while it "concludes" BrBa it was made 6 years after BrBa ended. So you may have to suspend belief for some of the characters that were in BrBa and then appear in El Camino in what narratively picks up right where BrBa left off. 

i'm 3 episodes in on "away". so far, it's really good. hillary swank as an astronaut in the first manned mission to mars...but it's not cheesy sci-fi...it's character driven. so far, anyway. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

also keep in mind that while it "concludes" BrBa it was made 6 years after BrBa ended. So you may have to suspend belief for some of the characters that were in BrBa and then appear in El Camino in what narratively picks up right where BrBa left off. 

Yes, some characters gain 75 pounds overnight 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Like Meth Damon :roll:  Pretty obvious that Jesse Plemmons spent all of those 6 years eating donuts.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm 3 episodes in on "away" so far, it's really good. hillary swank as an astronaut in the first manned mission to mars...but it's not cheesy sci-fi...it's character driven. so far, anyway. 

Good show. A bit too heavy on the character stuff the final 5 minutes of every episode, but solid nonetheless. I also like how there’s no cliff hanger. You’ll see. 

16 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

1. He was cooking meth while on chemo and spending the limited family time he had left (or so everyone thought at that time) with a meth head former student out in the desert instead of his family

2. See #1, this time really understand the fact that he has a pregnant wife at home and a teenager and he still decides cooking meth as his brother in law is a DEA agent is the play here

3. she "committed tax fraud for lover" to keep the feds off "lovers" case, which in turn keeps them off her and Walts case

4. she didn't start / "ask for any of this," as she says late in the series. Don't blame Skylar for sticking up for herself and trying to take control of the mess her meth cooking husband created. 

1) She was a bish before she knew.

2) See #1

3) She committed tax fraud because she signed fraudulent documents to cover for her lover. Had nothing to do with Walt.

4) See 1-3

Dragon's Dogma is good so far. Definitely not for kids

Spoiler

It's interesting seeing the non-human become human and the human become non-human

Started Ratched last night. If you like AHS, you'll like it. Same director, producers, look, feel, music, and some of the same actors. Basically looks like another season of American Horror Story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Started Ratched last night. If you like AHS, you'll like it. Same director, producers, look, feel, music, and some of the same actors. Basically looks like another season of American Horror Story. 

So it’ll start off strong then fall off a cliff about 2/3 of the way through 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

Nice.  I'll check it out tomorrow. 

Other than Better Call Saul, AHS is probably next on my list as far as favorite shows that are still running.  Some of the stories are pretty stupid, but they're demented enough to keep me entertained.  I thought Roanoke was awesome.  

• Like 2

Amazon. Can't remember the last season of AHS that I finished.  

It was a cool idea.  But I got tired of so many of the same actors. 

Evan Peters has good range. But Lang and Paulson always seemed like the same exact character regardless of their role.  And both are annoying. 

10 hours ago, opengeo said:

Started watching Dark. Is it any good?

Yes, to subtitle or dub ??? I think I preferred dub