Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 5/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, Mike030270 said:

They get a bad rap and people think they're for kids. There's a lot of great animated shows/movies for adults

they're for little babies who never grew up.  waaaaaaahhh!!!!  grow up, peter pan!!! 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - I enjoyed the hell out of it.  Definitely worth a watch

how close to this was it.

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

how close to this was it.

:lol: Nailed it

But seriously - who watches a zombie movie and expects everything to make perfect sense?  

I watched army of the dead last night. 

It was ok.  Just wanted a zombie action movie.  And that's what I got. Did anything else even matter?

It's dumb like every zombie movie or show,  ever.  But it's mindlessly entertaining. 

After watching it,  the above video is hilarious. I enjoyed that too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I guess I get swayed when it goes from gory/scary zombie movie.  To robot zombies and over the top action with Dave Batista.  

The robot zombie thing wasn't really a thing - like they weren't metal zombies walking around.  I noticed a couple that had glowing eyes, but my first thought wasn't "oh, there are robot zombies".  

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The robot zombie thing wasn't really a thing - like they weren't metal zombies walking around.  I noticed a couple that had glowing eyes, but my first thought wasn't "oh, there are robot zombies".  

Spoiler

I just assumed it was some mutation with the virus. Though there's theories that it's actually alien DNA experimented with humans. The blue eyes, the baby, and the zombie hierarchy are making some think it's alien.

There's going to be a prequel and also an animated movie

23 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Even still.  The regular trailer looks more ridiculous than your run of the mill zombie movie.  If there is such a thing.  I might give it a shot the next Friday or Saturday night my wife is out of town.  Seems like something that would at least entertain.  I’m not a huge fan of a ton of CGI.  

It's an ok popcorn flick.  The zombies and the script are both borderline intelligent.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It's an ok popcorn flick.  The zombies and the script are both borderline intelligent.

and the viewer ?

On 5/24/2021 at 8:18 AM, jrsu37 said:

Imagine making fun of a story because it's told via animation...Then stanning John Grisham lol.

Paperback Bestseller!!!! 

On 5/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, homerpat said:

Castlevania and robots same week?!?!  Love it. 

Almost done final Castlevania season and honestly this might be one of the best shows period of the last few years. 

I'd say it's gotten better with each season.  First season was like meh, whatever, good enough to ignite my nostalgia.  But it's grown well, branching into so many storylines and they are all interesting.  Not a great show, but damn solid.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'd say it's gotten better with each season.  First season was like meh, whatever, good enough to ignite my nostalgia.  But it's grown well, branching into so many storylines and they are all interesting.  Not a great show, but damn solid.

I think of it like a dumb action movie. Story isn’t some amazing plot, but it’s also not super simple either. Voice acting is top notch as is the animation and I love monster stuff and super bloody stuff. They did an incredible job of creeping me out with some of the night creatures

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Paperback Bestseller!!!! 

I had to spend the night in LaGuardia about 30 years ago. Read the entire novel The Firm that night. I liked it.

I tried to watch outlander the other day and fell asleep like 15 minutes into the first episode. 

1 minute ago, devpool said:

I tried to watch outlander the other day and fell asleep like 15 minutes into the first episode. 

It’s slow to begin with and main woman can be intolerable, but I promise it gets great. Just suck it up for half of season 1

I've tried to watch Shadow & Bone twice now - still haven't made it through the first episode.  

• Like 1

love sex robots is some serious "written by virgin dorkballs" sheet. :lol: such garbage. one scene cartoons made by doodes who would've been playing d&d 20 years ago. 

16 hours ago, devpool said:

16 hours ago, homerpat said:

It’s slow to begin with and main woman can be intolerable, but I promise it gets great. Just suck it up for half of season 1

Yeah, it meanders a bit, but in general its a pretty good story.  Good mix of violence, gore n bewbs.  Does have some heavy/uncomfortable man on man scenes (but its entwined with the plot)...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Yeah, it meanders a bit, but in general its a pretty good story.  Good mix of violence, gore n bewbs.  Does have some heavy/uncomfortable man on man scenes (but its entwined with the plot)...

I'm gonna give up on this series, second attempt at the first episode and I just have zero interest. It is so, so boring. Gave it a shot on a recommendation from a friend but I just can't get into it at all.

47 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Now Im Interested GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, homerpat said:

It gets entertaining for a while and then just falls apart completely.

5 hours ago, devpool said:

I'm gonna give up on this series, second attempt at the first episode and I just have zero interest. It is so, so boring. Gave it a shot on a recommendation from a friend but I just can't get into it at all.

It's the kind of show you can tolerate as a couple but no way in Hells a grown man would watch this by themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, devpool said:

It's definitely an interesting story. Also really like the intro song

Sometimes the main character can be annoying as hell and get into trouble. I've been told it happens even more in the books lol

It's been renewed for 2 more seasons(6&7) and I believe the books are still in progress too

18 hours ago, devpool said:

I was completely disinterested as well for first few, but wife insisted. Just skip first 4 eps and watch the recap and if you don’t care for it then, drop it

I’m almost an hour into Army of the Dead and they aren’t even in f’ing Vegas yet. Why is this move 2.5 hours long?

Also, there’s some similarities but this feels like a completely different movie than Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead which is one of my favorite zombie movies. Dawn felt realish this feels hokey.