Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 5/27/2021 at 3:44 AM, devpool said:

I'm gonna give up on this series, second attempt at the first episode and I just have zero interest. It is so, so boring. Gave it a shot on a recommendation from a friend but I just can't get into it at all.

I watch it but definitely it’s a bit much "chick” oriented, the main character can get on your nerves kinda reminds me of my British sisinlaw, feeling the need to throw her 2 cents in too often. I do like all these time travel series DARK, Travelers and such

On 5/26/2021 at 2:55 PM, Gern Blanston said:

Yeah, it meanders a bit, but in general its a pretty good story.  Good mix of violence, gore n bewbs.  Does have some heavy/uncomfortable man on man scenes (but its entwined with the plot)...

The **** eroticism shields the scene from getting called out for its absurdity.  Like the dude gets raped, but eventually gets into it (romantically not just straight ass f'ing pleasure).  Ok, I can swallow that with enough water.  But this happens...

In a medieval dungeon...

After being tortured (his hand is wrecked and in agony)...

With a dead guy 6 feet away...

But a little perfume got him in the mood?  This is one of those scenes that people will revisit in 20 years and laugh their friggin asses off.  And when they find out that this show was actually popular and went 8 seasons plus they'll go bananas.

The whole thing just blows the doors down on a show that was just on the edge of believability to begin with.  She's a woman from the 1940's who acts like she's from the 1990's.  He's a Scottish country boy from the 1700's who acts like he's from the 1940's.  They hide the anachronisms by getting just enough right about the timelines in the setting and the history.  But once that scene goes down and then they turn around and go full historical parody in Paris to start S.2 there's no way for the show to recover.

35 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

The **** eroticism shields the scene from getting called out for its absurdity.  Like the dude gets raped, but eventually gets into it (romantically not just straight ass f'ing pleasure).  Ok, I can swallow that with enough water.  But this happens...

In a medieval dungeon...

After being tortured (his hand is wrecked and in agony)...

With a dead guy 6 feet away...

But a little perfume got him in the mood?  This is one of those scenes that people will revisit in 20 years and laugh their friggin asses off.  And when they find out that this show was actually popular and went 8 seasons plus they'll go bananas.

The whole thing just blows the doors down on a show that was just on the edge of believability to begin with.  She's a woman from the 1940's who acts like she's from the 1990's.  He's a Scottish country boy from the 1700's who acts like he's from the 1940's.  They hide the anachronisms by getting just enough right about the timelines in the setting and the history.  But once that scene goes down and then they turn around and go full historical parody in Paris to start S.2 there's no way for the show to recover.

Woah....

Nttawt

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:16 PM, dawkins4prez said:

It's the kind of show you can tolerate as a couple but no way in Hells a grown man would watch this by themselves.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:53 AM, homerpat said:

I was completely disinterested as well for first few, but wife insisted. Just skip first 4 eps and watch the recap and if you don’t care for it then, drop it

100% agree - just like "The Crown" I watched it with the wife in order to have leverage to add some Marvel or Sci-Fi show into the rotation.  Would not recommend for a male solo watch. 

16 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m almost an hour into Army of the Dead and they aren’t even in f’ing Vegas yet. Why is this move 2.5 hours long?

Also, there’s some similarities but this feels like a completely different movie than Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead which is one of my favorite zombie movies. Dawn felt realish this feels hokey.

I turned it off after the initial scene on the road to Vegas. It was so silly - Sharknado level - that I wasn't in the mood for a Syfy channel type B movie. Maybe I'll check it out again idk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lucifer is back

The Kominsky Method too, final season and no more Alan Arkin ☹️

We are about 4 or 5 episodes in to Startup and its pretty good. Hidden gem since like 2016 just recently went to the netflix top 10 list.

• Like 1

Patiently waiting for new seasons of....

YOU

Ozark 

Cobra Kai

Stranger Things

Russian Doll

Dead to Me

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 4:07 PM, NOTW said:

I turned it off after the initial scene on the road to Vegas. It was so silly - Sharknado level - that I wasn't in the mood for a Syfy channel type B movie. Maybe I'll check it out again idk.

Honestly it only gets way worse after that, at least imo. I turned it off around 1.5 hours in when I realized I wasn’t even paying attention for the last 15 minutes.

I was big into Dawn, enjoyed Watchmen and liked 300 for what it was, but Snyder has been a steep decline since for me. 

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Honestly it only gets way worse after that, at least imo. I turned it off around 1.5 hours in when I realized I wasn’t even paying attention for the last 15 minutes.

I was big into Dawn, enjoyed Watchmen and liked 300 for what it was, but Snyder has been a steep decline since for me. 

This confirmed I spared myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Late to the game I'm sure but Castlevania was fantastic. I don't care if it's cartoon weeb crap, really well done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to acknowledge the topic title still includes "instant."

FB_IMG_1600400294810.jpg

• Haha 4

There's also reports that the season 1 cost $200M :roll: I'd love to know where that money went to because it certainly didn't go to the CGI

Just finished the first season of Startup. It's really really good. 

There are 3 seasons.  Can't wait to start season 2.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
There's also reports that the season 1 cost $200M :roll: I'd love to know where that money went to because it certainly didn't go to the CGI

didn't moviepass finance this show ?

4 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

didn't moviepass finance this show ?

not sure but the financed about 200 movies that I watched

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

not sure but the financed about 200 movies that I watched

Including Leather Hammer 2: The Crimson Ball Pein ?

On 5/29/2021 at 6:21 PM, HazletonEagle said:

We are about 4 or 5 episodes in to Startup and its pretty good. Hidden gem since like 2016 just recently went to the netflix top 10 list.

Agreed, just finished Season 3....definitely worth watching!   Kind of like Silicon Valley meeting Miami Vice lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I couldn't get through the first episode - is it worth a watch?

On 6/2/2021 at 9:59 PM, Mike030270 said:

sheet...i literally just started watching this. :lol:  finished ep 1 this morning. 

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I couldn't get through the first episode - is it worth a watch?

It's only 8 episodes. I liked it because there's people with magic/powers lol. Story was decent. There's a love angle in it that was a bit much but 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

sheet...i literally just started watching this. :lol:  finished ep 1 this morning. 

He's got other stuff that Netflix is going to do but yea it was disappointing. Especially when it could have been better if money was put into the CGI

It's being reported that the season cost $200M. Don't know where the money went to but it wasn't the CGI