Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

52 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I am somewhat ambivalent re: Kaepernick, for full disclosure to show that I'm not one of the people that resent him - but I just really couldn't care less for this series/whatever it is.  Without getting into a whole big thing, do you care to elaborate on what's so good about this? 

For me, I got choked up on his story as a minority child athlete in Wisconsin

i liked the message he was trying to send to young kids and I have a soft spot for kids who are discouraged from following their heart and dreams

the actor playing young kapernick does a great job.  And kap  himself did a good job narrating his story

the series done in a creative format different than anything I’ve seen before

i give him credit for doing this because it’s a slippery slope for him when he still wants a sports carrier and is known now for being a trouble maker

i just enjoyed it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I am almost done with E5 of Squid Game.  Severely overrated.  Maybe it gets better.  It’s ok.  But certainly not worthy of the buzz.   

The first episode I thought was incredibly boring until they got to the first game. Then it started picking up. Will probably watch ep 2 tonight. 

On 10/30/2021 at 11:02 AM, wholesale_Melvin said:

thanks, stand up specials on all the streaming services are hit or miss (even comics you know) but are great when your just looking to throw something on while folding laundry. 

I was very disappointed when I found out that wasnt a new special from Colin Quinn :roll:

1 hour ago, BFit said:

I was very disappointed when I found out that wasnt a new special from Colin Quinn :roll:

Dude if you hadn't pointed that out just now, i would have gone to the grave trying to figure out where the missing post that was the segue between comic colin quinn and qb colin kaepernick had been.

F-me getting old sucks.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 2:56 PM, The_Omega said:

Narcos: Mexico - Just finished episode 1 of season 3.

image.gif.00536c236f2e4e7a996aa87db465b403.gif

Enedina is looking especially lovely this season.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Only Murders in the Building. Much better than I was expecting. Thought it would be too corny, but was very entertaining. 

Watched Army of Thieves this weekend. It's a prequel to Army of the Dead following the story of the locksmith. It had that fine ass woman that was the dragon queen's right hand girl in Game of Thrones so that should be enough for you to want to watch it. 

New season of "Big Mouth" is out. I was in tears from laughing so hard during the 1st 2 episodes of the new season. 

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

f-ing love this show

I hate that this is the final season.

Started Arcane last night...2eps in, but absolutely love it. I know NOTHING about League of Legends, but the art direction, the voice acting, all of it rules. 

On 11/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It is?   That makes no sense.  They are nowhere near to telling El Chapos whole story. I figured they’d get 2-3 seasons out of him alone.  

Is there a better theme song to a show right now?  I can’t think of one.  

I'm a bit surprised by theirs portrayal of Chapo.  It's almost sympathetic, makes him appear, deep down, like a fairly good natured guy.  Maybe it's accurate, it's just not the way I've ever heard it reported before.  Again, I hate that this show's ending.  So good.

• Like 1

The fiancé was pushing hard for "Maid" so we finally got into it. Binged 10 episodes over three-four days. This was really well done. Trigger warning for anyone whos been a victim of domestic violence though, or has been homeless. Or been an alcoholic.  A lot of that throughout this. But Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers, Once Upon a Time..), and Andie MacDowell kill it. Also real life mother daughter connection. Nick Robinson, the boyfriend/abuser is great too. A lot better than I was expecting. Some light heartedness mixes into the depressing stuff to help offset that which definitely helped. Possibility of a season 2, which I would definitely check out. 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, jrsu37 said:

Started Arcane last night...2eps in, but absolutely love it. I know NOTHING about League of Legends, but the art direction, the voice acting, all of it rules. 

I thought about trying it out but figured I'd just be lost because I don't know anything about it other than it's a game I think

20 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

The fiancé was pushing hard for "Maid" so we finally got into it. Binged 10 episodes over three-four days. This was really well done. Trigger warning for anyone whos been a victim of domestic violence though, or has been homeless. Or been an alcoholic.  A lot of that throughout this. But Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers, Once Upon a Time..), and Andie MacDowell kill it. Also real life mother daughter connection. Nick Robinson, the boyfriend/abuser is great too. A lot better than I was expecting. Some light heartedness mixes into the depressing stuff to help offset that which definitely helped. Possibility of a season 2, which I would definitely check out. 

Yep. I rolled my eyes when the wife suggested it but really enjoyed it. Very well done. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

I'll finish it eventually.  The actress isn't very believable in the role but she's entertaining.  There are worse things your gf/wife could be making you watch.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, The_Omega said:

I'm a bit surprised by theirs portrayal of Chapo.  It's almost sympathetic, makes him appear, deep down, like a fairly good natured guy.  Maybe it's accurate, it's just not the way I've ever heard it reported before.  Again, I hate that this show's ending.  So good.

Agreed.  You feel like this could have gone another 2 seasons without breaking a sweat.  Season 3 was the pinnacle of what has always been a very good show.  Stylistically, musically, storytelling and dialogue wise they just took it to another level.  The cop Victor deserves a G'damn Emmy IMHO.

• Like 1

Red Notice - Yeah, it’s as big, and dumb, and paint by numbers as you would expect, but it’s also pretty stinking funny and entertaining. Definitely worth wasting a couple of hours on.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Red Notice - Yeah, it’s as big, and dumb, and paint by numbers as you would expect, but it’s also pretty stinking funny and entertaining. Definitely worth wasting a couple of hours on.

On the same day I watched No Time to Die, my wife went to the movie theaters with her friend and they watched Red Notice, which was already available on Netflix.....

It was a fun, mindless, not to be taken seriously heist movie. But I cant believe they paid to see that.

On netflix, with nothing better to do, sure give it a watch.

34 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

On the same day I watched No Time to Die, my wife went to the movie theaters with her friend and they watched Red Notice, which was already available on Netflix.....

It was a fun, mindless, not to be taken seriously heist movie. But I cant believe they paid to see that.

Don't kid yourself, they paid to see Ryan Reynolds.  And they'd do it again.

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

Don't kid yourself, they paid to see Ryan Reynolds.  And they'd do it again.

he was free on netflix!

it was actually just a random time killing thing. It was my wife's birthday. Her friend took her for a massage. Possible happy ending. And then they had to kill time till dinner so they went to the movies. I think theres probably nothing good in theaters right now.

42 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We watched it last night. Nothing special but it was fun.

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

he was free on netflix!

it was actually just a random time killing thing. It was my wife's birthday. Her friend took her for a massage. Possible happy ending. And then they had to kill time till dinner so they went to the movies. I think theres probably nothing good in theaters right now.

I will say this, I agree with you that it’s silly to pay to watch a movie like that in the theater, when you can just watch it at home on a streaming service that you’re also paying for, but had someone drug me to the theater to watch it, making me pay for it, the shot of Gal Gadot climbing out of the water and up the ladder toward the end, would have almost made it worth it. Longest run on sentence of the day ftw!

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I will say this, I agree with you that it’s silly to pay to watch a movie like that in the theater, when you can just watch it at home on a streaming service that you’re also paying for, but had someone drug me to the theater to watch it, making me pay for it, the shot of Gal Gadot climbing out of the water and up the ladder toward the end, would have almost made it worth it. Longest run on sentence of the day ftw!

Dune can/could be seen on HBO Max but I gladly went to Dolby Cinema