Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Yeah, we have a couple of episodes of The Watcher left.  Not great.  It's based on a true story but I'll be ready to move on when it's over.

23 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm about halfway through. It's.... not great. Not scary or suspenseful really. And just not enough going on to keep my attention for a slow burn. Also the lead characters come off as really unlikable. 

We just finished it, and I thought it was ok.  My wife loved it.  I expected total crap, so expectations are everything I guess.  

Im through 2 episodes of the watcher. 

Its solid. But I keep reading it gets worse as it goes.

16 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im through 2 episodes of the watcher. 

Its solid. But I keep reading it gets worse as it goes.

I actually think it got a little better as it went, until the final episode, which tried to tie everything up with twist after twist after twist.  It's just hard to take Cannavale seriously.  He's had his moments in other movies and shows, but his "thoughtful" face looks like Homer Simpson daydreaming about food.  My wife seemed to like it though, and she really didn't like the first episode at all.

• Haha 1

My wife and I are almost through this one - one ep left.  Feels a bit like a slog.  Will hang in till the end.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, Gannan said:

"Mr. Harrigan's Phone", based on a short story by Stephen King. Follows the book exactly. What's funny is I often picture actors as the characters when I read, and I had Donald Sutherland in mind when I read it over a year ago. He's great in the film so is the kid from "It". Some found it "slow and boring" but I thought it was well developed.

I didn't realize this was a thing.  I loved the story.  I will have to check it out.

28 Days Haunted - Finished the first 2 episodes.  Figured, it's Halloween season so why not?  Whether it's fake or not, whether you believe any of it or not, the people involved obviously do, completely, and that alone makes this show kinda fun.

Anyone else watching The Midnight Club?  I have I think 4 episodes to go - it's OK.  Kinda slow, just like all of Flanagan's stuff, but it's interesting enough that I wanna see where it ends up.  

cabinet if curiousities was alright for first two eps. I live anthologies though, so i’ll def stick it out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, homerpat said:

cabinet if curiousities was alright for first two eps. I live anthologies though, so i’ll def stick it out. 

square-dont-do-meth.gif

I dont have a problem with the ending of The Watcher.

I think there was a bunch of stupidity throughout as they make stupid guesses as to who is involved. 

But it was entertaining, and at times a little suspenseful. 

On 10/25/2022 at 11:10 PM, homerpat said:

The third episode was phenomenal. Easily the best of the 4 released so far. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Guess it's a scheduling conflict with him going back to Superman

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Guess it's a scheduling conflict with him going back to Superman

I thought the same thing.  They were kind of lucky to keep him as long as they did. 

hmm... that sucks.

Hemsworth can probably make a fine Geralt. But Cavill seemed so perfect and now will be used to him for 3 seasons as Geralt. 

Hope the adjustment is easy. Main character. Thats a big change.

On 10/29/2022 at 4:47 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I thought the same thing.  They were kind of lucky to keep him as long as they did. 

I think he did it out of a love for the books/video games right? He’s a proud nerd at heart, wears it on his sleeve.

He’s also linked with a similar nerdy lore project (Eisenhorn) that I’m desperately hoping he joins and gets made.

Is anybody else's Netflix not working? Trying to load it via Xfinity so it's probably just Comcast's crappy service acting up.
I have constant problems with the flaky remote, phone line going dead 2-3x a week, dvr recordings self-aborting, etc
so I have to assume this is Comcast rather than Netflix.

Anyone seen All Quiet on the Western Front yet?  I just started it. It seems nuts and the soundtrack is creepy.  I’ll report back (with nudes).  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Anyone seen All Quiet on the Western Front yet?  I just started it. It seems nuts and the soundtrack is creepy.  I’ll report back (with nudes).  

I did not but plan to.

I also just read about a show with a perfect torrent tomatoes score.  **** Son and the Devil Himself. Might check it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

I plan to. The book is one of my favorites.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I did not but plan to.

I also just read about a show with a perfect torrent tomatoes score.  **** Son and the Devil Himself. Might check it out.

I hadn’t even heard of this one but I’m checking it out. I thought you meant this one at first which was also fantastic.