Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Chappie is leaving 8/31. If you're a parent, you'll struggle  midway through second act (Ninja takes Chappie for a ride to toughen him up)

• 2 weeks later...

Me Time - It wasn’t particularly good, but it wasn’t as bad as it seemed like it was going to be at the beginning either. It was a little too long (that’s what she said), but it was pretty funny once it hit its stride.

Watched "Running with the Devil" this weekend. Definitely worth the watch. Macafee was a crazy dude!

• Like 2

Echoes came up as #1 today so I hit play.  It wasn't that well done, but I'm a girl and liked the premise of the story.  Twins trading lives every year on their birthday -it was pretty crazy. It just could have been better.  Waste of a Monday night.  I also can get Hulu and Amazon prime and I'm open for suggestions.  I can't seem to find a good series.  Been doing mostly movies and documentaries.

4 minutes ago, DiPros said:

Echoes came up as #1 today so I hit play.  It wasn't that well done, but I'm a girl and liked the premise of the story.  Twins trading lives every year on their birthday -it was pretty crazy. It just could have been better.  Waste of a Monday night.  I also can get Hulu and Amazon prime and I'm open for suggestions.  I can't seem to find a good series.  Been doing mostly movies and documentaries.

so....were their virginas so identical that their husbands couldn't tell them apart?  :unsure:  just trying to get the important question out of the way first. haven't watched this one. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DiPros said:

If you haven't watched "Handmaid's Tale" on Hulu, you need to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

so....were their virginas so identical that their husbands couldn't tell them apart?  :unsure:  just trying to get the important question out of the way first. haven't watched this one. 

They would check their bodies every year for new markings or anything like that.  It was so out there.  Charlie the one twins husband is a therapist who did know because of their scent but he never said anything just went along since he was obsessed with it.  The farmer guy had no clue. He as awful in the show.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DiPros said:

They would check their bodies every year for new markings or anything like that.  It was so out there.  Charlie the one twins husband is a therapist who did know because of their scent but he never said anything just went along since he was obsessed with it.  The farmer guy had no clue. He as awful in the show.

jan 1, 2021...charlie be all.....yes! it's an odd year! i get the good vadge this year!  :groovy:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DiPros said:

Atlanta?  If you haven't seen it I can't recommend strong enough.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:20 AM, DiPros said:

We just finished "Pieces of Her."  Toni Collette stars.  It was a novel turned into an 8 episode season so it goes in depth over different periods of time back and forth.  It's kind of a suspense mystery with little twists here and there.  Hard to explain without spoilers but she and her daughter are involved in something public caught on cell phone camera.  It goes viral and on the news.  The Mom has people after her that now know where she is so they're in danger.  That's just how it starts, it goes into a lot of things.    

Many on here had recommended Dave on Hulu. Finally got around to it and so have to say Episode 3 with all the sex stuff might have been hardest I’ve laughed at a show in years. Def appreciate the recommendations, the show is great. 

On 8/30/2022 at 10:20 AM, DiPros said:

I watched the first ep and a half with the Missus.  We both hated it.  Ridiculously stupid plot and not great acting.  

Hard pass for me.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:34 AM, Gannan said:

If you haven't watched "Handmaid's Tale" on Hulu, you need to. 

Thanks -it's good.  On season 2 already.  Remind me to bop you over the head, my chores are taking longer than usual to get done even on pause. 😆

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

We just finished "Pieces of Her."  Toni Collette stars.  It was a novel turned into an 8 episode season so it goes in depth over different periods of time back and forth.  It's kind of a suspense mystery with little twists here and there.  Hard to explain without spoilers but she and her daughter are involved in something public caught on cell phone camera.  It goes viral and on the news.  The Mom has people after her that now know where she is so they're in danger.  That's just how it starts, it goes into a lot of things.    

Saw it.  Liked it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Netflix has been complete garbage as of late.  I lasted through one episode of the Devil in Ohio thing.  I told my wife I couldn't deal with the teenage drama.  

not a fan of Sandman?  I loved it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homerpat said:

I’ve been too scared to dedicate my time to this but I’ll give it a shot. It must be popular. It feels like it’s been in the top 5 watched shows since it came out. 

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

I’ve been too scared to dedicate my time to this but I’ll give it a shot. It must be popular. It feels like it’s been in the top 5 watched shows since it came out. 

It’s a comic from Neil Gaiman, so it’s pretty out there. Just roll with it. the acting and casting are great ImO and i truly enjoyed it. Her Black Wings was a masterpiece episode. edit. sorry called Sound of her wings (which happen to be black wings)

49 minutes ago, homerpat said:

It’s a comic from Neil Gaiman, so it’s pretty out there. Just roll with it. the acting and casting are great ImO and i truly enjoyed it. Her Black Wings was a masterpiece episode. edit. sorry called Sound of her wings (which happen to be black wings)

If it’s based on anything by a dude whose name sounds like gayman, @hputenis will be all over it

• Haha 4

On 9/8/2022 at 9:11 PM, homerpat said:

Too boring, too British 

• 2 weeks later...

New anime show based on the game Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to be amazing. Might have to take an edible and see for myself if it can live up to the hype.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

New anime show based on the game Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to be amazing. Might have to take an edible and see for myself if it can live up to the hype.

saw it had great reviews and I’ve loved last few animated shows on netflix