Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I hadn’t even heard of this one but I’m checking it out. I thought you meant this one at first which was also fantastic. 

hmm, I see EMB sensored the title. The edited out word sounds like bass turd.

• Haha 1

The Crown Season#5 today. 

I read a few reviews which weren't great, but no way I'm not watching a few eps tonight and I have 1/2 day vacation Friday so will probably get through the season by Friday night.

I watched all quiet on the western front last night.

My wife was asleep within a few minutes. I dozed off slightly pretty early on as well. But caught a second wind, and finished it just so I could say that I did.

The dubbing was quite good. Hardly even noticeable at all. But the movie was boring.

It is one critics will like. They were trying to tell the story of the war moreso than making an action war movie. There were no heroes. The main character was an ordinary kid just trying to stay alive. No special skills or anything like that.

For me, the trailer was better than the movie. Not my cup of tea. 

If youre really in to history, and just want what is supposedly a pretty realistic depiction of the circumstances of that war, you might enjoy it more.

• Like 1

Can’t speak to the movie yet, but the point of the book was to show the horrors of war as seen through the eyes of a regular kid.

The Crayon, Season 5 - McNulty doesn’t look anything like Charles. Episode 3 about Mohamad and Dodi Al-Fayed was fantastic.

Mr. Harrigan’s Phone - Decent premise, well executed for most of it but jeez, talk about anticlimactic.

We started The Devil in Ohio. 2 episodes so far. Think its pretty good. Concerned its going to go supernatural though, whereas I thought there would be a human enemy (the cult). Not sure but I think thats where its headed and Id rather it not.

1899 looks good. Cant wait to start that.

Season 3 of Dead to Me is out since last night. Thats probably next on the list because Mrs HE likes it.

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

We started The Devil in Ohio. 2 episodes so far. Think its pretty good. Concerned its going to go supernatural though, whereas I thought there would be a human enemy (the cult). Not sure but I think thats where its headed and Id rather it not.

1899 looks good. Cant wait to start that.

Season 3 of Dead to Me is out since last night. Thats probably next on the list because Mrs HE likes it.

Stick with it. 

• Like 1

Spirited on Apple

Wife made me watch it. She loves Christmas movies, while I think most stink (minus Scrooged and Christmas Vacation). Plus turns out it’s a musical, which is another huge strike against it. 

It was great. I really enjoyed it. Laughed multiple times and didn’t drag at all. The music at times was crummy, but some bits were pretty good. Overall I would recommend if you like Ferrell or Reynolds 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, homerpat said:

Spirited on Apple

Wife made me watch it. She loves Christmas movies, while I think most stink (minus Scrooged and Christmas Vacation). Plus turns out it’s a musical, which is another huge strike against it. 

It was great. I really enjoyed it. Laughed multiple times and didn’t drag at all. The music at times was crummy, but some bits were pretty good. Overall I would recommend if you like Ferrell or Reynolds 

Just watched a trailer last night. Want to see it but dont feel like signing up for Apple+ again.

Also HATE A Christmas Story. But I think the new one looks pretty good. Would see it, but not signing up for HBO+

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Just watched a trailer last night. Want to see it but dont feel like signing up for Apple+ again.

Also HATE A Christmas Story. But I think the new one looks pretty good. Would see it, but not signing up for HBO+

It was def Christmas Story derived, but cleverly done. 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My wife watches that crap, because she’s a woman and women love that Royal mess.    Glad you like it though.  I’d rather watch a blank screen with no sound.  

You're missing one of the best historical fictions ever made.  It sure as F isn't my genre, I could give a rats about the Royals.  But the show is absolutely amazing.

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's about a make believe anarchy which has no bearing on today's way of life.  I'd rather watch a non-fiction story about the same BS a couple hundred years ago with fighting, killing and fair maidens getting boned.  

Spoken like a man who hasn't seen it.  That's exactly the brilliance of the show, how they humanize them and tie their stories to the events everybody lived through.  They also do a great job of butterfly effect episodes where the lowest plebe sets the ball rolling to cause chaos up top.  House of Dragon needs to learn a LOT from this show.

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re probably one of those people who got excited for a royal wedding to be aired on TV.  

F no!  Megan and Carson Wentz would have to make a sex tape to get my attention.  It took forever for me to give the show a chance, but I did and its undeniably top quality.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So wait.  The Crown is Fiction or Non Fiction?  Because it looks like all the cast of characters to me.  

Science fiction 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So wait.  The Crown is Fiction or Non Fiction?  Because it looks like all the cast of characters to me.  

Historical Fiction.  The target audience isn't really Royal watchers because that crowd generally thinks the show takes too many liberties with the source material (the canon so to speak).  It's for knucklheads like me that sorta kinda remember this and that but its all building up to that one thing we all do damn well remember, the death of Diana.

Awesome 4 part documentary on Netflix called "Pepsi, where’s my Jet” about someone trying to redeem points for a Harrier Jet as part of Pepsi promotion.  It’s about 2 hour watch in total.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Awesome 4 part documentary on Netflix called "Pepsi, where’s my Jet” about someone trying to redeem points for a Harrier Jet as part of Pepsi promotion.  It’s about 2 hour watch in total.

Just started it. A lot of 90s nostalgia with old soda commercials too.

Inside Man (no relation to the Denzel movie) - a 4 episode limited series. Stanley Tucci as a sort of Hanibal Lecter solving crimes from death row. 

David Tennant co-stars. I like him, but hate his storyline. The absolutely stupid decisions made by the characters are too annoying and cringe. But Tucci is good as usual. 

On 11/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, RPeeteRules said:

As if Avenatti wasn't already one of the biggest scumbags in history.

• Haha 1