Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Anyone watch "The Sandman"? Had a friend tell me it was great but it's one of those friends whose recommendations are hit or miss at best. 

I’m 3 eps in and really like it

14 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Locke and Key season 3 is out - I enjoyed the first 2.  I believe season 3 is the final season.

This is one of those shows where they took so long between seasons 1 and 2 that I forgot everything that happened, but I remember really like season 1.  I'm having trouble getting back into season 2.  

Just now, hputenis said:

This is one of those shows where they took so long between seasons 1 and 2 that I forgot everything that happened, but I remember really like season 1.  I'm having trouble getting back into season 2.  

Each season of this show takes a few episodes to gain steam.  I really hate the youngest Locke kid.  He is definitely in the running for stupidest kid character of all time.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Season 1 was def better than season 2 imo.  Not really psyched for season 3 - although I will likely check it out at some point.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 2:24 PM, Gannan said:

The music was good. I've seen Metallica several times and that was the best I had ever seen them. It seemed like most of the artists stepped their games up because the crowd was so huge. Even seeing James Brown was cool. 

Watched this set the other day and holy crap. 

17 hours ago, homerpat said:

I’m 3 eps in and really like it

I also watched the first 3 episodes. Pretty good so far.  Holbrook is really good in this IMO.

The Bill Simmons Woodstock 99 documentary was better.  The promoter and Michael Lang are (were in Lang's case) dirtbags and largely to blame for what happened.  To accuse the talent of whipping the crowd into a frenzy when that was well know to be their act is ridiculous.  I don't entirely blame Lang and the promoters though because, while they were absolutely responsible for creating the environment that led to what happened, and allowed it to happen, they weren't the ones raping those poor girls.  My friends wanted to go, but I wanted no part of it (same with Woodstock '94).  I had seen the moshpit when Ministry played at Lollapalooza '92, and it scared the hell out of me.  I knew with that lineup for '99, and the size of the crowd expected, that it was going to be rough.  The difference between Lollapalooza and Woodstock was the Lollapalooza was just a single day with much more manageable crowd sizes.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:17 PM, HazletonEagle said:

The Gray Man

Lots of good action sequences.

Almost like extraction in that there is very little story,  and the gun play and fighting are nearly as good. 

Ana de Armas is in it so that's a bonus. No boobs come out though. 

There could be more of these.  I'd watch the next one. 

On 7/28/2022 at 6:17 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Enjoyed this movie, but also laughed a few times as this guy picked it apart. Dont watch the video if you plan to watch the movie- will spoil the whole thing.

On 7/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, The_Omega said:

The Gray Man was a good time. The fight at the end was stupid, just shoot the f’er and beat feet but, whatever. Still one of the better straight to Netflix movies.

Watching this now, halfway through. I don't know what movie you guys watched but this is awful. Boring, terrible acting, recycling plots from so many movies, jumping to different European locations but doing absolutely nothing interesting with them. Chris Evans looks terrible, they even make meta jokes about it. He doesn't work as a villain at all. 

I had hope with the Russo brothers directing. The only thing they brought from the MCU other than several actors were the giant location fonts from Civil War.

And then the images in the credits same style as Avengers Age of Ultron.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:46 PM, DEagle7 said:

Anyone watch "The Sandman"? Had a friend tell me it was great but it's one of those friends whose recommendations are hit or miss at best. 

@mikemack8 told me that the Sandman brings him a lot more than a dream. image.gif.a06ceacc51c1fd3c21894aae52d5238e.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:46 PM, DEagle7 said:

It's really good if you're into supernatural stuff

On 8/11/2022 at 6:55 PM, mikemack8 said:

Locke and Key season 3 is out - I enjoyed the first 2.  I believe season 3 is the final season.

The kids annoyed the hell out of me in season 1 and 2 so I'm hesitant to watch 3 lol

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:04 PM, NOTW said:

Watching this now, halfway through. I don't know what movie you guys watched but this is awful. Boring, terrible acting, recycling plots from so many movies, jumping to different European locations but doing absolutely nothing interesting with them. Chris Evans looks terrible, they even make meta jokes about it. He doesn't work as a villain at all. 

I had hope with the Russo brothers directing. The only thing they brought from the MCU other than several actors were the giant location fonts from Civil War.

And then the images in the credits same style as Avengers Age of Ultron.

image.gif.0fb7e37e8de516c95d54ade924692f26.gif

15 hours ago, homerpat said:

Not Netflix, but Apple, but BlackBird is freaking amazing. 

That plot looks awesome.  I'm definitely gonna check it out!  

This new Jamie Fox movie on Netflix called "Day Shift" is hilarious.  I'm impressed.  It's a comedy/horror movie about hunting vampires in LA.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This new Jamie Fox movie on Netflix called "Day Shift" is hilarious.  I'm impressed.  It's a comedy/horror movie about hunting vampires in LA.  

it was watchable. The bad thing with netflix is this stuff is not on "cable", meaning I'm never going to be flipping through channels on a weekend and see that its playing on TNT or USA... aka films like this and Adam Project etc are never going to get watched again because they are good enough to throw on when bored flipping channels, but not good enough for me to go out of my way to look for it on netflix and start from the beginning as casual viewing/background noise. 

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I started it last night and fell asleep about 15 minutes in.  Disclaimer - I didn't get much sleep the night prior AND I had been drinking for several hours prior to watching :lol: Going to try it again tonight 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Agent23 said:

it was watchable. The bad thing with netflix is this stuff is not on "cable", meaning I'm never going to be flipping through channels on a weekend and see that its playing on TNT or USA... aka films like this and Adam Project etc are never going to get watched again because they are good enough to throw on when bored flipping channels, but not good enough for me to go out of my way to look for it on netflix and start from the beginning as casual viewing/background noise. 

Let go of the cable era, boomer! 

Then: scrolling 500 channels to find something mildly interesting to have on in the background; usually not from the beginning and having to sit through commercials. 

Now: Scrolling streaming services to find something mildly interesting to have on in the background, watch from the beginning and no commercials.  

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Let go of the cable era, boomer! 

Then: scrolling 500 channels to find something mildly interesting to have on in the background; usually not from the beginning and having to sit through commercials. 

Now: Scrolling streaming services to find something mildly interesting to have on in the background, watch from the beginning and no commercials.  

If I’m going to actively search out a show to watch, it needs to be something I’m focusing in on 100%. But when I want casual background content my effort level needs to be 1%

20 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

If I’m going to actively search out a show to watch, it needs to be something I’m focusing in on 100%. But when I want casual background content my effort level needs to be 1%

I mean, it's easier to me to find mindless background movies on Netflix than cable. It's all categorized, it most of the same stuff that's on cable, and I know I won't have a commercial to distract me from not paying attention

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

People like you are why Netflix created the "play something" shuffle button. 

The 2 part documentary on Manti Teo's fake girlfriend is quite good and definitely worth watching. I remember the story but didn't know much about it. I remember thinking that he had to be in on it. After watching the documentary I felt really, really bad for him. 

29 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The 2 part documentary on Manti Teo's fake girlfriend is quite good and definitely worth watching. I remember the story but didn't know much about it. I remember thinking that he had to be in on it. After watching the documentary I felt really, really bad for him. 

I thought it portrayed him as a sheltered, naive, and extremely gullible kid, but I definitely don't think he was in on it after watching.  Even right in the beginning, he literally changed his mind in the blink of an eye from going to USC, where he always dreamed of going, to Notre Dame, where it was clearly awkward for him.  

• Like 1