Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

I found this fascinating. I was only going to watch 20 minutes and go to bed, but ended up watching the entire thing. 

This is in my watch list and I’m running out of true crime docs to watch.  I’ll have to catch this one soon.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2023 at 9:14 PM, RPeeteRules said:

Watched The Hacket Wielding Hitchhiker.  Started strong, but the last 20 min was bad.  Worth a watch, but don’t expect much from this documentary.

Agreed on this one.  I was into it and then it glossed over the entire investigation in NJ.  They spent more time talking about him cutting his hair than they did any of the facts of the case.  It felt like they either got lazy or were running out of money so they just wrapped it up as quickly as possible.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The Pale Blue Eye?  Yeah, don’t.  Good acting by the two main characters.  Visually pleasing to watch.  Story is garbage.  Big disappointment.  

You should check out @hputenis’s favorite movie to watch with @olsilverhair - called the Smeary Dark Brown Eye

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t care.  Dumb reply.  

you wont even pee outside your house, you're too afraid to get banned, LOL LOL LOL

• Haha 1

Watched "You People” last night.  A new movie on Netflix with Jonah Hill.  It’s not bad.  It took a while for the movie to catch on.  I’d say after 20 minutes I wasn’t sure if it was good or really bad.  Eventually, there was a couple really funny parts.  It’s worth a watch, but I’m glad it’s on a streaming platform as it’s not something I’d be glad I paid to watch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Watched "You People” last night.  A new movie on Netflix with Jonah Hill.  It’s not bad.  It took a while for the movie to catch on.  I’d say after 20 minutes I wasn’t sure if it was good or really bad.  Eventually, there was a couple really funny parts.  It’s worth a watch, but I’m glad it’s on a streaming platform as it’s not something I’d be glad I paid to watch.

I watched it last night too. I got the same from it. Not a bad watch just takes a bit to get going. I was like is this sheet really a full 2 hrs long for a rom com? Lol. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I watched it last night too. I got the same from it. Not a bad watch just takes a bit to get going. I was like is this sheet really a full 2 hrs long for a rom com? Lol. 

I thought the same thing with how long the movie was.  I honestly thought the movie was going to end about 10-15 minutes before it actually did, since it seemed like it was trying to be a different rom-com movie.

• Like 1

Random but re-watching Community. I know @paco is a fan. Season 1 ep 16 Abed references Who's The Boss, saying he couldn't get past the first episode. 

Later in the series he has a class assignment to answer the question "Who's the Boss?" I don't remember if they address him not previously watching the show & binging it for the assignment. Reddit had a post on it. :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: that’s a good catch.  I don’t remember any mention of him watching it between episodes. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he watched every episode obsessively over and over because, well, Abed. 

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

Random but re-watching Community. I know @paco is a fan. Season 1 ep 16 Abed references Who's The Boss, saying he couldn't get past the first episode. 

Later in the series he has a class assignment to answer the question "Who's the Boss?" I don't remember if they address him not previously watching the show & binging it for the assignment. Reddit had a post on it. :lol:

7 hours ago, paco said:

:lol: that’s a good catch.  I don’t remember any mention of him watching it between episodes. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he watched every episode obsessively over and over because, well, Abed. 

One of the funniest sit coms of all time and I'm not exaggerating.

• Like 2

Have to admire a show where one of the characters lives above an adult book store called "Dill dopolis"...  :roll:

12 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Have to admire a show where one of the characters lives above an adult book store called "Dill dopolis"...  :roll:

When did they open a second location?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, paco said:

Redditors pretty much said the same thing, that once he found out there would be a class he binged it.  I just thought it was funny re-watching and hearing that because later (season 2) they made such a big deal of that show.  A lot of little references and things they put in.  I love the Beetlejuice bit over a whole season.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Redditors pretty much said the same thing, that once he found out there would be a class he binged it.  I just thought it was funny re-watching and hearing that because later (season 2) they made such a big deal of that show.  A lot of little references and things they put in.  I love the Beetlejuice bit over a whole season.

Not to be a nerd, but that was over 3 seasons.  Serious commitment to a bit with a 2 second payoff that most people didn’t notice. 

5 hours ago, paco said:

Not to be a nerd, but that was over 3 seasons.  Serious commitment to a bit with a 2 second payoff that most people didn’t notice. 

Oh was it?  I forgot.  I just remember the 3rd time seeing it and then remembering they had built it up. 

Also:

Spoiler

nerds-revenge.gif

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Oh was it?  I forgot.  I just remember the 3rd time seeing it and then remembering they had built it up. 

Also:

Hide contents

nerds-revenge.gif

Here is another great Community easter egg:  Abhed has an entire adventure in the background where he ends up delivering a baby.

Fun fact, that episode dropped roughly 9 months (Edit: looks like 10 months, but they tried December 3, 2009 to October 7, 2010) after this:

I know that not everyone will be interested in this, but if you are and haven't seen it, it's really very good. 

The Chosen. 

Season 1 is on Netflix, the other two seasons can be seen on the producers app for free. 

• Like 2

Not sure where else to put this, but Poker Face is very entertaining. Not normally a fan of the crime of the week format. 

18 hours ago, homerpat said:

Not sure where else to put this, but Poker Face is very entertaining. Not normally a fan of the crime of the week format. 

I like it too.  It's very much a spiritual throwback to the 70s mystery/crime series I grew up on.  Episode 5 was especially good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Enjoying all the war movies as of late on Netflix. Specifically the WW1 and 2 ones 

Do you and @Godfather play dress up in nothing but the helmets, storm the beaches of Normandy, and re-enact your versions of "D-Day?"  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Do you and @Godfather play dress up in nothing but the helmets, storm the beaches of Normandy, and re-enact your versions of "D-Day?"  

Yes. We’re looking for someone to dress up as Hitler and give mustache rides. You in? 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Artie is playing a British POW. Need you to interrogate him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...