Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 2/6/2023 at 10:19 PM, homerpat said:

Not sure where else to put this, but Poker Face is very entertaining. Not normally a fan of the crime of the week format. 

On 2/7/2023 at 4:33 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I like it too.  It's very much a spiritual throwback to the 70s mystery/crime series I grew up on.  Episode 5 was especially good.

I'm all caught up on this after last night's episode - loving this show!  It's very fun

I'm all the way out on Outer Banks, I don't care how hot the one girl is. This show sucks donkey balls. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm all the way out on Outer Banks, I don't care how hot the one girl is. This show sucks donkey balls. 

Season 3 not good?  I haven't watched any yet

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Season 3 not good?  I haven't watched any yet

I half way paid attention to the first 20 mins and turned it off. It's just way too ridiculous at this point to even suspend disbelief. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I half way paid attention to the first 20 mins and turned it off. It's just way too ridiculous at this point to even suspend disbelief. 

I'll probably watch with the wife cause she loves that kind of crap

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Wonder why it's so expensive?  Due to the actors involved?  Not like there's a ton of special effects 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I'll probably watch with the wife cause she loves that kind of crap

I enjoy it.  It's absolutely ridiculous, but I expect that.  My wife and I will probably binge it this weekend while I imagine that hot girl sitting on my face.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@LeanMeanGM I just accepted a new opportunity that I couldn’t turn down and this has resulted in my next 2 weeks off while my daughter is in daycare. I’m going to attempt to watch all of Breaking Bad again (it’s time) and Better Call Saul. Can this be done?  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

@LeanMeanGM I just accepted a new opportunity that I couldn’t turn down and this has resulted in my next 2 weeks off while my daughter is in daycare. I’m going to attempt to watch all of Breaking Bad again (it’s time) and Better Call Saul. Can this be done?  

Maybe but probably not a great idea. I think you’d need to be on a pace of 10 episodes per day to have a chance.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe but probably not a great idea. I think you’d need to be on a pace of 10 episodes per day to have a chance.

That’s tough. I’ll need to weigh my options here. I can do it if I’m ok with getting a divorce.  I’ll report back after day 3 to see where we’re at. 

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2023 at 12:05 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I'll definitely still be watching for kline.

But it's kinda ridiculous that John Bs dad is alive.  And that's not a spoiler. That's been on every trailer and sneak peak since the end of last season.

Between that,  and Sarah's dad faking his death and constant bouncing back an forth between loving her or trying to kill her...

Season 2 went off the trails.  I expect season 3 to fully jump the shark. 

But Maddy Kline will hold my attention no matter what. 

• Like 1

I forget what it was called but the Murdaugh docu series is pretty good for those that like true crime. It's crazy how much this guy has already likely gotten away with, and probably will get away with whatever happened to his wife and kid.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 4:02 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I forget what it was called but the Murdaugh docu series is pretty good for those that like true crime. It's crazy how much this guy has already likely gotten away with, and probably will get away with whatever happened to his wife and kid.

Update on my last post that I realize nobody cares about. I haven’t even restarted Breaking Bad. It’s just not possible if you have a nagging 6 month pregnant wife that works from home.  I took a 25 minute nap on Tuesday though.  Felt like a new man before I heard the screams for a water refill. 

• Haha 3

On 2/25/2023 at 11:55 AM, hputenis said:

So you’re still here

13 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

So you’re still here

Yes and I still own you biznatch.  

Now this is a real Kobra Kai self defense class. :D Hysterical. 

The Stranger - This one of those British series adapted from a Harlen Coben book, and it's a couple of years old, but it's better than the others that I've watched.  Yeah, there's an abundance of cheese, goofy dialogue, laugh out loud ridiculously bad car and foot chases, characters who are caricatures, and characters making really bad decisions, but it gets better as it goes and winds up with a few strong episodes.  If you're looking for something to watch with the wife you could do worse than this.  As an aside, the Brits go all in on the realistic settings.  I mean, a scene that supposedly takes place in some poor schlubs dingy old kitchen looks like it's actually filmed in some poor schlubs dingy old kitchen.  

On 3/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, The_Omega said:

The Stranger - This one of those British series adapted from a Harlen Coben book, and it's a couple of years old, but it's better than the others that I've watched.  Yeah, there's an abundance of cheese, goofy dialogue, laugh out loud ridiculously bad car and foot chases, characters who are caricatures, and characters making really bad decisions, but it gets better as it goes and winds up with a few strong episodes.  If you're looking for something to watch with the wife you could do worse than this.  As an aside, the Brits go all in on the realistic settings.  I mean, a scene that supposedly takes place in some poor schlubs dingy old kitchen looks like it's actually filmed in some poor schlubs dingy old kitchen.  

His ones made in Poland are really good. If you like shows with subtitles or dubbing give them a watch. 

• Like 1

Anyone watching "Outlast"? It's a good watch but it seems like it's scripted. 

10 hours ago, Gannan said:

Anyone watching "Outlast"? It's a good watch but it seems like it's scripted. 

I watched the intro thinking it would be like another version of Alone, which I love.  That was as far as I made it - looked pretty stupid to me, and scripted as you suggested

I watched Wrong Side of the Tracks. If you are fan of Clint Eastwood Gran Torino, you may enjoy it. It takes place in Spain and is also Spanish produced. Aside from being a drama/thriller, there are some zingers in most episodes that made me LOL.  

• 2 weeks later...

Night Agent

Liked it a lot.

Little dumb quirts like, sometimes when being tracked by assassins, the assassins always randomly made just the right decision, based on nothing to follow where the good guys went. Kinda dumb.

But overall, really fun, exciting political corruption, action series. Didnt want to stop watching.

• Like 3