EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

If by chance Corral was there at 15, how pissed would you be if the Eagles took him? Who among you would not be?

See the source image

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

If by chance Corral was there at 15, how pissed would you be if the Eagles took him? Who among you would not be?

We have an idea of what they think about Hurts. They wanted to upgrade with Wilson and Watson, but haven't traded for someone like Mayfield or Garoppolo, so their view of Hurts is that he is somewhere between those levels of players. If they think Corral can be as good as Wilson or Watson, they should draft him. If they view Corral as a player more like a Mayfield or Garoppolo, they shouldn't. 

For the record, I like Corral. Initially I thought he would go early. I still do, but now there are some rumblings that he might fall a bit. 

I wouldn't hate it, TBH. Still have plenty of picks to use on defense. 

I would not be upset if the Eagles took a QB in the first round. I like Pickett, Corral, Strong. 

We could see Willis, Pickett, and Corral go before we pick at #15, maybe top 10 or by Washers pick at #11.

At #15, I'd like the Eagles to trade up for a DT.

At #18, I'd like the Eagles to trade up or stay put for a WR/CB.

If we get a QB at #15 and did not trade up for a premium DT, then I think we are missing out on a shot at a premium player.

Trade up from #15 to #8 for a DT and then trade up from #18 to #13 for a QB (if you really want).

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Pff thought Neal was awesome last year…. Graded at a 35.9 

38 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Yuck

I bet they view Luketa as a better backup for Reddick than Patrick Johnson, hence the visit.

35 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I wouldn't be pissed, I love chaos. :lol: I'd have the same question as Vikas below, because you can't draft a QB in R1 and keep Hurts. And I like Corral, he's at least equivalent with Hurts on swag level, plus he's also got a much better arm. Downgrade in the legs, but still athletic enough to make plays outside the pocket.

32 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Depends on what we passed up, and did we deal Hurts for value?

I'd be pissed/disappointed for sure, but the above will impact the magnitude.

27 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

With the caveat that Gardner and Stingley are gone, Booth has been my target since the beginning of the offseason. 

16 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I would not be upset if the Eagles took a QB in the first round. I like Pickett, Corral, Strong. 

We could see Willis, Pickett, and Corral go before we pick at #15, maybe top 10 or by Washers pick at #11.

If we get a QB at #15 and did not trade up for a premium DT, then I think we are missing out on a shot at a premium player.

Trade up from #15 to #8 for a DT and then trade up from #18 to #13 for a QB (if you really want).

Strong will not go R1. R2 maybe, but most likely early R3. Corral, Pickett, Willis, Ridder and Howell are all better prospects.

6 hours ago, greend said:

Peepers? So what the heck are the peepers doing in the wrong restroom?

One can never tell. But I am reliably informed that it's disconcerting to be doing your business as a lady and a have creepy American peep at you through the door crack.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Strong will not go R1. R2 maybe, but most likely early R3. Corral, Pickett, Willis, Ridder and Howell are all better prospects.

Better or safer?

50 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I was referring to a red-shirt-for-a-year kind of pick.

Jones and Ojabo were injured on their pro day.  Dickerson was already doing cartwheels at his.

Don't think ojabo will be a full year redshirt

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

Better or safer?

For some both, for others safer.

3 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

There are a lot of bigger DTs likely available in later rounds. Ogbonnia, Ridgeway and Farrell are all considered fifth rounders, where we have three picks.

If we want a player to be a pure nose tackle for 25 to 30 snaps a game, it seems like a fifth rounder can fill that role. I would rather see the team draft a corner and safety (or two corners and move Maddox to safety) since I think it is harder to find impact players at that position, whereas a NT for the role that Gannon wants a nose to play seems pretty easy to get later on.

9 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

There are a lot of bigger DTs likely available in later rounds. Ogbonnia, Ridgeway and Farrell are all considered fifth rounders, where we have three picks.

If we want a player to be a pure nose tackle for 25 to 30 snaps a game, it seems like a fifth rounder can fill that role. I would rather see the team draft a corner and safety (or two corners and move Maddox to safety) since I think it is harder to find impact players at that position, whereas a NT for the role that Gannon wants a nose to play seems pretty easy to get later on.

Davis is so far above them though in terms of potential. His bull rush will be scary for most centers to see him coming. For me it's Davis/Wyatt (depending on preference for an attacking DT or NT) and Booth. That would be where I'd like to see them go. 

17 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Better or safer?

I mean, take this for what it's worth, but here's NFL.com's rankings of the QBs:

image.png.61c646f580ab1942ea2f0f82f1039c14.png

Not a lot of separation between the top 5, and they have Coan over Strong as well. Strong has not looked good in offseason workouts.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Davis is so far above them though in terms of potential. His bull rush will be scary for most centers to see him coming. For me it's Davis/Wyatt (depending on preference for an attacking DT or NT) and Booth. That would be where I'd like to see them go. 

There are signals the Eagles have strong interest in both Davis and Wyatt, while the Round 1 edge rushers may be off the board.  If the Eagles go DT and CB/WR with their 1st round picks, it brings some of these 2nd round edge rush guys into play at #51 -- guys like Cameron Thomas, Drake Jackson, Kingsley Enagbare, Nick Bonitto.

If they manage to get an edge rusher in Round 1 there is always Perrion Winfrey and DeMarvin Leal who could be had in Round 2 -- perhaps with a slight trade-up.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There are signals the Eagles have strong interest in both Davis and Wyatt, while the Round 1 edge rushers may be off the board.  If the Eagles go DT and CB/WR with their 1st round picks, it brings some of these 2nd round edge rush guys into play at #51 -- guys like Cameron Thomas, Drake Jackson, Kingsley Enagbare, Nick Bonitto.

If they manage to get an edge rusher in Round 1 there is always Perrion Winfrey and DeMarvin Leal who could be had in Round 2 -- perhaps with a slight trade-up.

I think there’s a bigger drop off from Davis/Wyatt to the other DTs than there is from Karlaftis (who may be the only R1 projected DE left) to a Mafe, Ebikete, Thomas. Bonitto I def see as more of a 3/4 OLB or Reddick role than a true DE. 

Ideally I’d go Davis/Wyatt, Stingley/Booth in R1 than trade a 3rd and 51 to move up into the Mafe/Ebikete range. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, your official first swag workout video of 2022

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Monitoring the situation is back on the menu

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, your official first swag workout video of 2022

Jalen Reagor is fat again. Can't wait to see how overweight he is entering this camp.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Yea, we're gonna disagree. 

The way you build a team through a draft. Especially with a team with this many holes as mentioned.

I would understand your argument if we had a top 10 pick and moved out of it. But 18 to 29 is nothing

If you told me my options were 2 top 50 talents or 3 top 50 talents, I'd take the 3. 

especially since, as I mentioned before, the talent between #18 is the same as #29/#30 as seen with the difference in mocks. 

It depends on who is there. It may not be nothing if say Stingley falls. Or Johnson falls.

Archived