Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Imagine the ragers that would be running around Philly if Dean fell to us at 51

Not interested

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I’d prefer Dickerson stay at LG. Him and Mailata are a wall, but the move probably is to C.

Agreed. This whole offense hinges on Hurts taking a major step forward. I’m skeptical at best. 

The picks given up for Brown are a little much?? If your options (which I think these were the two options the Eagles debated) are:

18 for unproven Treylon Burks or

18 and 101 (a compensatory pick) for AJ Brown, a proven #1 WR who fits the same size mold as Burks

I make that trade every time…and I wanted Burks in R1. Brown is only 24 and has 3 seasons of experience and proven production. Burks is a dice roll like any other draft pick. 

EDIT: I’ve been clamoring for an X with size all off-season to let DeVonta play the Z. We got it! It’s ok to be excited guys. Night 1 was amazing. 

Maybe I'm getting the Davis trade up mixed in with it. I think getting AJ over Burks is great, especially since AJ is proven and is exactly what this offense needs. As a whole, the trade up and acquiring AJ seems a little much, but I think we need to wait to see how the rest of the draft falls to see the bigger picture. Still the possibility of trading some of our players and trading back is still in the cards.

For day 2, I'm hoping they land at least one of these guys:

Andrew Booth

David Ojabo

Jaquan Brisker

Boye Mafe

Roger McCreary

Kyler Gordfon

Jalen Pitre

Cameron Thomas

Arnold Ebiketie

Logan Hall

Tariq Woolen

Christian Harris

Chad Muma

Josh Paschal

Nik Bonitto

Brian Asamoah

Alontae Taylor

Cam Taylor-Britt

Troy Andersen

Channing Tindall

Coby Bryant

Nick Cross

Josh Williams

As of now they are the 19th pick in the 2nd round, so they should have at least 5+ of these players available to choose from.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Another fun night.  I told myself I wasn't drinking again tonight.  But I think I am.  Early dinner and a little shopping with the wife to smooth things over.  Then boom!  Back at it.  

TGIF

FWIW last years draft 

101 - Ifeatu Melifonwu - Played in 7 games with no real contribution

124 - John Bates -  20 catches for 249 yards

162 - Noah Gray - 7 catches for 36 yards

166 - Keith Taylor  -  31 tackles

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

I'd bet my left nut the Eagles trade up for Ojabo today

Ya know i am ok if they roll the dice on him rd 2. But i doubt they will after their Jones experience.

good lb options. But do we really need one? Not as much as we need a db thats for sure. Dont want brisker

Yep.  Another fun night.  I told myself I wasn't drinking again tonight.  But I think I am.  Early dinner and a little shopping with the wife to smooth things over.  Then boom!  Back at it.  

I'd be cool with that too.  I am resigned with the fact that we just put guys in the secondary.  F it.  

Either sign Mathieu if we don't draft a S high enough or one of these guys if same applies to corner:

image.thumb.png.5dcc2347f896df23265fe888f05dd86d.png

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I really feel like people aren’t paying enough attention to what the Saints gave up to get Olave. 

That might be one of the dumbest trades I’ve ever seen. 

If it were the Eagles, we would be.  Saints overpaid and the trade with the Eagles makes no sense.   It made sense if they were sold on a QB.  They clearly weren't.  And what makes Olave worth that versus Williams or Burks?  I've watched Olave.  He's not going to be transformative to an offense.   Gotta hope that they implode somehow though.

Nah.  That place sucks.  Maybe Carolina Ale House.  

No I meant thank God it’s Friday. That place was good, about 20 years ago. 

Ale House sounds good. I bet they make a good hot roast beef. 

58 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Goedert should feast on the interior of the field with those two outside

There might be a flaw to this assertion based on our current roster and depth chart.  

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

I'm giving it a 0.1% chance that we draft Ojabo. I don't see it happening.

You don't think he will be there or you think the Eagles would pass of he is? 

12 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

He's garbage but he somehow still gets the benefit of the doubt not just from Lurie, but from plenty of fans too. I honestly don't understand it.

The move for Brown was perfect from Howie’s perspective. 

Brown is undeniably a great talent, which fans will no doubt be excited for, but fans, as we’re already seeing, have completely glazed over the reason why it was necessary to trade for him the first place. 

I know what you meant.  It was a joke.  

It's ok.  It's just a local sports bar chain.  Nothing special.  Great TV set up though.  

Sorry, still too riled up to get the joke. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Year 1.  Now go back the last 10 seasons and do all of those picks and their stats.  We'll see ya next Wednesday.  

Isn't it the point you're trying to make?  Why don't you do the work and show us big fella

Ojabo will be gone before we go, maybe we have a shot at Penn at safety or a corner 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

You don't think he will be there or you think the Eagles would pass of he is? 

Even if he's there at 51 I think we pass.

13 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Would we have been better off staying at #15 / #18, keeping all our picks, and selecting Hamilton and Burks?

I really like the Davis pick but Hamilton would have fit a need.  I think Burks is a decent prospect but Brown is the better player.  I am not happy about the team losing 4 picks.  I also think WRs are not that scarce a resource so that you have to give up multiple picks to get one that's productive. I find it hard to believe that the return on AJ Brown is significantly more for this team than a 2nd round WR with similar potential.  To return to being a competitive unit I would have much rather they taken 2 defensive players and hung onto the picks.  My ideal scenario would have been Hamilton and Jermaine Johnson if they stayed at 15 and 18.  Even with the trade up, I think they should have gone with a defensive player at 18.  I mean Lloyd, Booth, Hill, Elam and Cine would have been worthwhile.  I could see the team getting Jermaine Johnson too.  

Here are players still available that took top 30 visits with us

Brisker
Christian Harris
Pickens
Ebiketie
DeAngelo Malone
Corral
Booth Jr.
Winfrey
Marcus Jones
Luketa (please no)

Who am I missing?

I didn’t realize AJ Brown is pretty fast when he gets his long strides going. Will he be able to unseat Reagor though? Training camp battle to keep an eye on. 

I believe CB or DE is the most likely pick at #51.  Nothing opposite Slay right now, and he's in his 30s.  The value might be right for an edge rusher unless there's an early run on them again at the start of the 2nd round.

Re: Ojabo.  That would strictly be a medical staff decision.  If the doctors see a full recovery and he's still there at 51, he might well be BPA.  Sidney Jones had bigger issues than the Achilles; he subbed out whenever he had minor hamstring pain.  He was just too small and frail.  Ojabo has tremendous upside because he's still learning how to play football and is already impactful.  He'd be hard to pass on unless the doctors say no.  

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I didn’t realize AJ Brown is pretty fast when he gets his long strides going. Will he be able to unseat Reagor though? Training camp battle to keep an eye on. 

I wish Reagor was live streaming the draft. I want to see the moment his soul left his body.

Archived