EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Jalen Rigor is cut Monday.  Silver lining. 

If that happens then Ortega-Sideline moves up the depth chart and becomes umbrella holder/water boy. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

See the source image

Does he identify as otherwise? Sorry...they/them have no excuse 😎

7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Titans fans are pissed

Yeah reading their forums has been fun

I do wonder if they even go CB in this draft.

They put so many resources into acquiring guys last year (4th round pick in Zech McPhearson, traded a pick for Kary Vincent, received Tay Gowan in another trade, traded a pick for Josiah Scott) that they may feel like one of these guys may step up and they don't have to draft someone.

4 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

@RememberTheKoy your boy has zero excuse to not put up 4000 yds passing and 25 passing TDs

You'll be calling him the franchise after this season. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I really hope you are right. It would change everything. I give it a 0.05% chance.

Just now, pallidrone said:

They put so many resources into acquiring guys last year (4th round pick in Zech McPhearson, traded a pick for Kary Vincent, received Tay Gowan in another trade, traded a pick for Josiah Scott) that they may feel like one of these guys may step up and they don't have to draft someone.

Those are all late round resources for those guys.  Thata throw crap at a wall and hope one sticks.  They are going to need to either draft a CB or sign one that is still out there. No chance they go into the season trying to depend on one of those guys. 

Hurts now has no excuses, and needs to have at least Ryan Tannehill production.  He is not an upper echelon QB, so I do not think expecting this from Hurts is unreasonable.

And before the Hurts Huggers start in on "but his rushing" Tannehill ran for 266 yards and 7 TD's in 2020.

That is almost 4100 total yards and 40 TD's in 7 games.  That is with Derrick Henry rushing for 2027 yards while leading the league in carries, by more than 100 over 3rd place, for the #2 rushing offense in the NFL.

image.thumb.png.8cef47fc7486033cdd6bb0383cdf8966.png

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yes. I think we had the 3rd best night 1 behind the Jets and the Lions. 

This list makes me shudder a little.  Perennial losers had a great night... and so did the Eagles?   😬

Dane Brugler has said he can see Ojabo falling to the 3rd round. We’ll find out. I want him badly, but not sure the Eagles take him since they’re already short in picks now and he’d be a redshirt.

45 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

The team needs less Jalens tbh

What if we eliminate the Jalens we have, and replace them with these two?    Conservation of Jalens.

2 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I don't have much interest in seeing a 4th rounder and a bunch of UDFA playing outside CB after suffering through years of watching Mills, McKelvin, etc. get roasted deep game after game after game.  Slay gives the secondary some credibility, and he needs a decent successor.

45 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I wonder what my reaction would’ve as a HOU fan, when they traded back 2 spots leaving Hamilton to be selected by us/BAL… not very happy and I like Kenyon Green.

If they want to support their young QB... fixing their OL is a great place to start.  I'm guessing they asked if the Eagles' target was offensive or defensive.  And when they heard defense made the deal knowing Balt would go defense as well.   

Green might be the best OL in this draft, but at an OG.

5 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I really hope you are right. It would change everything. I give it a 0.05% chance.

Cue Dumb and Dumber clip…

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He is a POS as a franchise QB

23 minutes ago, RLC said:

There is such a contrast between models and reality.

The Ravens were absolutely taking Davis.

I have no doubt the Ravens were going Davis.  Hamilton as a consolation prize is nice for them too.

Doug Pederson head coach last two 1st round picks:

Reagor

Walker

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Have Eagles leap frogged the Cowboys as most talented offense in the division? 

Are we trading for Dak? 

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

If the Eagles nab a QB my guess would be it’s Carson Strong 

They brought Corrall in for an interview.  I would have to think they would consider him at least with a 3rd.  

Just now, NCiggles said:

Are we trading for Dak? 

Hurts stinks, no argument there. But Gallup is coming off a bad injury, Cooper is gone, Zeke is one year older and their o-line is old and broken. 

It’s a lot closer than you think. 

Archived