EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

25 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I didn’t realize AJ Brown is pretty fast when he gets his long strides going. Will he be able to unseat Reagor though? Training camp battle to keep an eye on. 

Yes but he will still be behind Smith and Watkins.  

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, downundermike said:

And you are 100% incorrect.  If you would use the technology at your disposal ( Twitter ), you would have known the Williams to Detroit selection was announced 4 minutes before the Eagles traded up.  It was also mentioned several times on the telecast that the team on the clock is notified who the selection before them is when they go on the clock. 

It is quite clear that Davis was the Eagles target, and the Ravens were going to take him if the Eagles did not trade up.  

edited to add ( thanks @Outlaw ) they had the AJ Brown deal done well before the draft, so there was no need to draft a WR.  Do you really think they made the trade, and then negotiated the new contract that quickly ??

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

100%. Davis was the target. The Eagles knew the Brown deal was basically done far longer than just last night. Williams was never coming here. 

It's been reported for weeks that they really liked Davis and were willing to trade up for him.  Not at all surprised they drafted him.

AJ Brown deal had to be in the works for a while, he was working out with Hurts last week and Howie said twice in recent press conferences that he works on potential terms of deals ahead of the draft to know what it will take so it makes it easier to quickly make trades while on the clock.

They wanted Davis and Brown heading into this draft.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Hypothetically, lets say there was Zero change we wanted Hamilton...

Give me Jermaine Johnson at 15 + 124 + 162 + 166 over Davis every day of the week. 

I'm not too crazy about the Jordan Davis pick.  Hope he turns into a great player but I'd rather they take Hamilton there.

Any chance we go WR again if Pickens, Pierce, or Watson are on the board?  My prediction/hot take is Pierce goes to Green Bay and leads all WR in receiving yards

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Hypothetically, lets say there was Zero change we wanted Hamilton...

Give me Jermaine Johnson at 15 + 124 + 162 + 166 over Davis every day of the week. 

I'd have been fine with Johnson at 15 as well... BUT, that's ancillary to the question of whether or not they needed to trade up to land Davis.   I think it's pretty clear that to land Davis, the trade was required.  To land a quality defender, I don't think it was.  

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

Any chance we go WR again if Pickens, Pierce, or Watson are on the board?  My prediction is Pierce goes to Green Bay and leads all WR in receiving yards

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!

You need to see how the rest of the draft shakes out. Eagles still have 51 and 83 with plenty of good players on the board, or they could trade back from 51 and get a few more picks.

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Any chance we go WR again if Pickens, Pierce, or Watson are on the board?  My prediction/hot take is Pierce goes to Green Bay and leads all WR in receiving yards

NO

Gannon had some HC buzz this offseason, following a bad year of defense.

Let's say our D improves significantly....I would think it's a near certainty Gannon goes to be a HC in 2023. 

So, are we then hiring from within to keep continuity in defensive plans? Or are we "pigeon holed" into interviewing external candidates who will run a similar scheme? Or does Lowie do the dumb thing and go in a different direction altogether? 

Guest justrelax
45 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I'd bet my left nut the Eagles trade up for Ojabo today

Well, you won't bet with me because I don't want it. Ojabo, yes. Your left nut, no.

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Gannon had some HC buzz this offseason, following a bad year of defense.

Let's say our D improves significantly....I would think it's a near certainty Gannon goes to be a HC in 2023. 

So, are we then hiring from within to keep continuity in defensive plans? Or are we "pigeon holed" into interviewing external candidates who will run a similar scheme? Or does Lowie do the dumb thing and go in a different direction altogether? 

I think I saw rumblings that they would promote Dennard Wilson, so guessing that would be most likely next year too. 

Jordan Davis changes this defense, that's what he can add. Johnson would add talent to the pass rush, but  I don't feel he would be a game changer. I don't think Hamilton was in the picture, or at least they didn't have that high of a value on him. Otherwise they would have just stayed and taken either Davis or Hamilton depending on who the Ravens selected.

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Well, you won't bet with me because I don't want it. Ojabo, yes. Your left nut, no.

I heard it's delicious with some fava beans and a nice chianti. 

Reagor deleted his twitter again 

Deleted Instagram too. Wiped clean of anything Eagles :roll:

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You'll be calling him the franchise after this season. 

I mean if he turns into Joe Burrow I think we would all be ecstatic.  I don't see that happening.  Certainly I am rooting for him to succeed because that's best for the team.  I would be shocked if he does.  

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I heard it's delicious with some fava beans and a nice chianti. 

What are they called in Canada, Lake Ontario Oysters? 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s such a drama queen. Every time he played terribly he’d post some stupid message like "nobody gonna hold me down!”

How about go out and make a Fing play? Dude can’t be gone soon enough.

43 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Would we have been better off staying at #15 / #18, keeping all our picks, and selecting Hamilton and Burks?

That’s a good question, 1st and 2nd round WR’s coming to NFL are far more advanced than they were 10-15 years ago and a lot of them are ready to start day 1. Somehow the Eagles could only draft 1 that can actually contribute.    
 No one knows how good or bad Burks will be this season, but from TN’s standpoint, they screwed up by paying Tannehill a ton of money, and probably couldn’t afford $25 per for Brown especially since they’re a running team. 
 Playing TB this season, the Eagles saw how disruptive a monster like Vea can be on the D line, so Davis just from an athletic standpoint is good pick if he keeps his weight down.   You can’t teach what Davis brings. 
 Hamilton fills a position of need, but so does , Dax Hill or Cine, they still really need a Safety and after paying Brown a fortune, they’re probably out on Mathieu.  

11 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Do either of them play Safety or CB? 

The Athletics 2nd and 3rd round mock this morning.  How would you feel if this is the result of today ??

51. Philadelphia Eagles: Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

An above-average athlete, Harris has speed and coverage ability that will appeal to the Eagles.

83. Philadelphia Eagles: Kingsley Enagbare, Edge, South Carolina

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

If Eagles don’t draft a safety wonder if they double back to honey badger

Why not both?

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

ball.jpg

Just now, downundermike said:

The Athletics 2nd and 3rd round mock this morning.  How would you feel if this is the result of today ??

I like both prospects quite a bit.

Archived