EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, downundermike said:

The Athletics 2nd and 3rd round mock this morning.  How would you feel if this is the result of today ??

I would be happy with Harris.  I would rather they go Safety or CB in the 3rd.  I think there are a number of decent prospects who would make sense. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Well, you won't bet with me because I don't want it. Ojabo, yes. Your left nut, no.

I won't deny, I'm scared of adding Ojabo before Round 3.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Athletics 2nd and 3rd round mock this morning.  How would you feel if this is the result of today ??

Booooooooo

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Reagor deleted his twitter again 

Deleted Instagram too. Wiped clean of anything Eagles :roll:

giphy.gif

I'm tired of temper tantrums from athletes on social media.  If you can't handle the business side, and the fan side (which is where the bucks come from), just stay off the platform.  

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

giphy.gif

I'm tired of temper tantrums from athletes on social media.  If you can't handle the business side, and the fan side (which is where the bucks come from), just stay off the platform.  

He was going nuts too posting workout videos every. single. day. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

And you are 100% incorrect.  If you would use the technology at your disposal ( Twitter ), you would have known the Williams to Detroit selection was announced 4 minutes before the Eagles traded up.  It was also mentioned several times on the telecast that the team on the clock is notified who the selection before them is when they go on the clock. 

It is quite clear that Davis was the Eagles target, and the Ravens were going to take him if the Eagles did not trade up.  

edited to add ( thanks @Outlaw ) they had the AJ Brown deal done well before the draft, so there was no need to draft a WR.  Do you really think they made the trade, and then negotiated the new contract that quickly ??

It was also clearly agreed to early and contingent on Burks still being available.  He is the 1 clear AJBrown clone (albeit unproven), and perfect replacement of the exact style of play. 

If he wasn't there,  I don't think Tennessee is comfortable making that deal. 

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Would we have been better off staying at #15 / #18, keeping all our picks, and selecting Hamilton and Burks?

No

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I like those players, but still no corner or safety.  People assume they'll sign Mathieu at safety.  If those things happen and they have a hole at corner opposite Slay but they've addressed the other defensive positions I'm ok with that, then corner is a 1st or 2nd round target next year.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

A bunch

image.png.68ef9bf80f5950b83ec9a117c1c5ca41.png

Other than Booth or Gordon I'm not so sure.  McPhearson is a plus athlete with a year of the defense under his belt.  

If we somehow came away with Booth in the 2nd and a DE in the 3rd then I am loving this draft.

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

McPhearson is a plus athlete with a year of the defense under his belt.  

Tariq Woolen is a ++++++++++ athlete

37 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Jordan Davis combine. Dude can move.

Me likey 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Another fun night.  I told myself I wasn't drinking again tonight.  But I think I am.  Early dinner and a little shopping with the wife to smooth things over.  Then boom!  Back at it.  

I'd be cool with that too.  I am resigned with the fact that we just put guys in the secondary.  F it.  

Don't forget to yell at yourself in the mirror first. 

With a non-contending team lacking a viable championship QB, I am not concerned with filling every need in the draft.

If it works out that a CB or S is the best long term prospect, great.  If not?  The team is still in a building process.

17 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He’s such a drama queen. Every time he played terribly he’d post some stupid message like "nobody gonna hold me down!”

How about go out and make a Fing play? Dude can’t be gone soon enough.

Hopefully he takes his loud mouthed dad with him too.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A bunch

image.png.68ef9bf80f5950b83ec9a117c1c5ca41.png

i like gordon and McCollum

Any chance we can move some of the dead weight (Reagor, Dillard) to recoup a few of those 3rd and 4th round picks we traded away?

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I think so.  This draft is pretty deep, and could have maneuvered around the middle rounds.

I will be very curious to see the players available at the picks we traded, 101, 124, 162 and 166.  Based on the best available on ESPN, here is who is projected to be available.

101 - Jaquan Brisker, Cameron Thomas, Leo Chenal, Chad Muma

124 - Troy Anderson, Brian Robinson Jr, Sam Williams, Alex Wright, Jalyn Armour-Davis, Bryan Cook

162 / 166 - Kyle Phillips, Luke Fortner, Zach Tom, Darrian Beavers, D'Marco Jackson, Ed Ingram, Marquis Hayes, Michael Clemons, Damarri Mathis, Justyn Ross, Tariq Castro-Fields

Multiple guys at positions of need that we could draft and develop.  Howie now needs to have a 100% success rate in rounds 2 and 3, and find a combination of DE, CB, S.

Mike, I'm a bit perplexed as to how you've arrived that first batch of players being available at those spots? 

Upon checking that ESPN list, the players that the Eagles would be missing out on at 101 would be whoever ESPN have rated at 69th best remaining at the moment (i.e. 32 picks already done + 69 = 101)

ESPN's 69 -75 are Armour -Davis, Shakir, Domann , Likely, Cook, Velus Jones and Asamoah

So a couple of the first ten guys you liked do fall in that range, but it's nothing like as bad as it looks in your post!

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Zero chance Andrew Booth Jr is available today. ZERO

I'd go with Tariq woolen.

Great athlete, great length.

2 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Any chance we can move some of the dead weight (Reagor, Dillard) to recoup a few of those 3rd and 4th round picks we traded away?

Problem is, at this point the draft is still full of WR's and OT's.  

I think Alontae Taylor and Jalen Armour-Davis are underrated. I think both could develop into starters. No more elite guys but plenty of talent left. 

37 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I do wonder if they even go CB in this draft.

They put so many resources into acquiring guys last year (4th round pick in Zech McPhearson, traded a pick for Kary Vincent, received Tay Gowan in another trade, traded a pick for Josiah Scott) that they may feel like one of these guys may step up and they don't have to draft someone.

I have been saying that for some time.  Scott was added as insurance against Maddox leaving. He is out 2023 sixth round choice.  Out of college, Scott was really fluid in coverage. Sticks to coverage.  Designated as likely to move into the slot because of his size (5’9”).  (If he were 6’ 195, he would have been a first round draft choice.) Our 2022 sixth round choice is Kary Vincent. Kid is blazing fast. LSU played him outside, in the nickel and at FS.  Really liked his FS work.  Was also a candidate at nickel when we didn’t know if Maddox would return. Howie keeps calling him a CB, but I would like to see him at S.  Frankly, I thought Gowan projected better than his teammate Robinson.  Tall CB. Kid has a great ability to burst and position himself for defending passes.  We got him in the Ertz trade. I like Scott, Vincent and Gowan better than most of the remaining CBs.  I really think there will be a TC battle between Gowan and McPhearson to start opposite of Slay.  Gowan and Vincent fell because they sat out a Covid year and then declared while still green.  

Archived