EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ideally Dillard, Reagor. Possssibly Herbig. Slim to none Hurts.

Dont rule out Minshew; a lot of teams passed on QBs who probably could use one. ESEPCIALLY if we go QB in the third or fourth.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

You know, something that you are all conveniently forgetting about when it comes to Paschal, Reagor, the receiving corps, punt returns, etc. is that the Eagles not very long ago signed this stud:

Eagles sign WR Devon Allen

You're probably joking, but if Allen can field the ball cleanly, he actually might be better than Reagor as a PR.

I get pissed every time I think about Reagor lol

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Betting sites have Logan Hall as the heavy favorite to go 33 to Tampa. Also, Willis is now the favorite to go 34. Vikings pick there, have done research on QB but I’m pretty sure they just extended Cousins. Could be a trade in place there also

Hall on that line would be phenomenal 

3 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Dont rule out Minshew; a lot of teams passed on QBs who probably could use one. ESEPCIALLY if we go QB in the third or fourth.

Possibly.

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

You're probably joking, but if Allen can field the ball cleanly, he actually might be better than Reagor as a PR.

I get pissed every time I think about Reagor lol

He's fighting with Greg Ward for the last WR spot...and most likely doesn't win it.

10 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Who is actually a trade candidate tonight?

Sanders, Dillard and Reagor (for a 7th in 2025)

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Trade Greg Ward

The dislike for this guy is something I’ll never understand 

Board gonna lose it when Cam Jurgens is the pick at 51.

*For the record, I hope it's EDGE/CB/S at that spot.

25 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

3 issues with that philosphy:

1) Name that QB we will have in 2023, and will they be any better than Hurts? A lot of wishcasting goes into this. We may not  be able to get into position to draft a top QB prospect, nothing is given. Many in here talk like it's a given, not only will there be top QB's avail, but we will easily be able to get them. 

2) How do you keep Smith, Brown and Goedert happy between now and then?

3) We could have used those resources to  build the defense and get a better ROI for 2023 season and long term ROI

A lot depends on the 2023 draft having good to great QBs

A bunch of OT needy teams filled their holes already. I think the smart play now is to wait to see if someone has an injury in camp. And if not, keep him and let him walk in free agency. At least it’ll count toward the compensatory formula.

image.thumb.png.287978e6dd2a7cbe27da0432689cd4c3.png

Got rid of Reagor, Dillard, and made a trade for an extra pick to grab TE2.

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Brisker projects much better as a box S then he does in a 2 high system.

Why do you say that?  It isn’t accurate at all.  He was very good when playing high and very good in coverage.  Good instincts for the ball.  This is lazy internet draft pundit crap.  Brisker is excellent in run support and played a bunch in the box.  Hell, most college Ss in the Big 10 play a bunch in the box.  They run the ball a lot in the Big 10 so that kind of goes with the territory.  So Brisker is a well rounded S.  It’s the same with the "nickel” crap you see with Ss.  Daxton Hill, nickel back.  BS.  Where do they think college Ss line up, in the slot on a receiver and if playing off and zone, usually in the box.  But that doesn’t make a player a box S.  What typically makes a player a box S is more limited coverage skills usually because of speed.  Jacoby Stevens was a box S.   Brisker is a very well rounded S.  He isn’t limited to the box.  

Now, I don’t believe Gannon is married to Cover 2. He will want to be able to disguise and modify his coverages.  I think ideally, he wants to be able to play Cover 1. And he probably wants to run Belichek’s version.  Who wouldn’t.  CBs in man.  Ss usually in the box not 20 yards deep like the Eagles were last year. (Recovering McLeod, slow Harris and Epps, all downhill Ss).  The Belichek Ss read the route and the one picks up the receiver in coverage the other drops to the deep zone usually slanted to the deeper routes. Brisker can do that.  But he also plays downhill in run support excellently. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I think Alex wright of UAB is an interesting pass rusher to keep an eye on. Reminds me of Milton Williams in the sense the small school perspective but has nice size and pass rush ability and upside. 

Can’t help but think Cameron Thomas might be a dark horse pick also for Eagles at 51, they can probably trade back and still get him

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Got rid of Reagor, Dillard, and made a trade for an extra pick to grab TE2.

Love Cook as the safety pick

6 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Board gonna lose it when Cam Jurgens is the pick at 51.

*For the record, I hope it's EDGE/CB/S at that spot.

I can't see it happening after losing a majority of our late round picks yesterday. I'm convinced the whole Jurgens thing was just a smokescreen anyway.

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ideally Dillard, Reagor. Possssibly Herbig. Slim to none Hurts.

Dillard has the most trade value.  Reagor, not so much.  Don't think they move Herbig and Cox after getting their deals done.  Sanders is still the main RB.  Adding a power RB will enhance the rushing offense.  As underwhelmed as Hurts, don't think they will move him this season.

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Why do you say that?  It isn’t accurate at all.  He was very good when playing high and very good in coverage.  Good instincts for the ball.  This is lazy internet draft pundit crap.  Brisker is excellent in run support and played a bunch in the box.  Hell, most college Ss in the Big 10 play a bunch in the box.  They run the ball a lot in the Big 10 so that kind of goes with the territory.  So Brisker is a well rounded S.  It’s the same with the "nickel” crap you see with Ss.  Daxton Hill, nickel back.  BS.  Where do they think college Ss line up, in the slot on a receiver and if playing off and zone, usually in the box.  But that doesn’t make a player a box S.  What typically makes a player a box S is more limited coverage skills usually because of speed.  Jacoby Stevens was a box S.   Brisker is a very well rounded S.  He isn’t limited to the box.  

Now, I don’t believe Gannon is married to Cover 2. He will want to be able to disguise and modify his coverages.  I think ideally, he wants to be able to play Cover 1. And he probably wants to run Belichek’s version.  Who wouldn’t.  CBs in man.  Ss usually in the box not 20 yards deep like the Eagles were last year. (Recovering McLeod, slow Harris and Epps, all downhill Ss).  The Belichek Ss read the route and the one picks up the receiver in coverage the other drops to the deep zone usually slanted to the deeper routes. Brisker can do that.  But he also plays downhill in run support excellently. 

My point is he's way scarier in the box than playing deep. Not saying he can't do both. He's one of the few left who can.

23 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

And all but one of the QB's is still on the board.  Those teams passed guessing those guys would all be available in round 2, and they were all correct.

I bet Willis, Ridder, Corral and Howell go in the first 15-20 picks tonight.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think Alex wright of UAB is an interesting pass rusher to keep an eye on. Reminds me of Milton Williams in the sense the small school perspective but has nice size and pass rush ability and upside. 

Agreed. I think he's a 3rd round target.

2 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Love Cook as the safety pick

Same. Especially if Cross and Joseph are gone.

1 minute ago, Penn7980 said:

Dillard has the most trade value.  Reagor, not so much.  Don't think they move Herbig and Cox after getting their deals done.  Sanders is still the main RB.  Adding a power RB will enhance the rushing offense.  As underwhelmed as Hurts, don't think they will move him this season.

Hence why I said "ideally" Dillard and Reagor. Maybe Herbig. Slim to none Hurts.

34 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

This has been my issue with keeping Hurts this year, We already saw Smith being upset/frustrated that Hurts wasn't throwing to him when he was wide open. 

Now we will have 2 underutilized Wr's that will underperform this year, and the focus on their production will be on them, not the failure at QB who isn't capable of maximizing their talents. And they could potentially be unhappy. Then even if we do draft a young QB in 2023, it takes time for those guys to get up to speed, we could be looking at 2024 and having both WR's wanting out. Having wasted a couple of years of their prime. 

I don't think there's a QB that isn't a developmental project.  I think Hurts will frustrate them but that makes it easier to move on from him.  

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

A bunch of OT needy teams filled their holes already. I think the smart play now is to wait to see if someone has an injury in camp. And if not, keep him and let him walk in free agency. At least it’ll count toward the compensatory formula.

Beavis And Butthead Laughing GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Cox cap hit goes from 14 million to 24 million if he is traded prior to June 1st

Based on last night's discussion, it appears that if the Eagles trade Cox they would actually get a minimal cap hit as the signing bonus was an advance.

Man, all the Cox contracts are complex.

I couldn’t imagine deebo being thrilled to play with the lions. Jets i could see if he liked Wilson and alongside moore assuming moore wasn’t part of the deal

Archived