EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Chances Howie drafts a QB today?

They just traded for one of Hurts' best friends, have only four picks remaining and a plethora of legitimate needs. I'd say about 1 percent.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really don’t want any of these young QB in the draft. Please just let Rock with Hurts/Minshew this year

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd say after trading for Brown, they are officially looking to 2023 for QB unless Hurts takes a MAJOR step forward in 2022.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

with our weapons now, Id kill for Carson Strong. 

But the AJ Brown trade seems like a stronger commitment to Hurts, at least for this year. As well as maintaining the potential to be a run heavy offense, because Brown is a good blocker.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

They just traded for one of Hurts' best friends, have only four picks remaining and a plethora of legitimate needs. I'd say about 1 percent.

That's about the percentage when they had just given Wentz a huge contract then drafted Hurts in second. Never know with Howie. 

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Obviously I am

Idk man, you don’t share your wealth of knowledge as much as H.E does. We’d be lost without that guy

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Idk man, you don’t share your wealth of knowledge as much as H.E does. We’d be lost without that guy

That was a joke c'mon man!

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

57 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Running QB that feeds the tight ends.  Don't blame him.

55 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I hope we don't fast forward 3 years and DeVonta is saying the same thing

53 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

my first thought too.  I'm watching Sports Take with DGunn and the excuses they are making for Hurts.  Said he was playing last year with one arm behind his back because of his lack of weapons and now he will be unleashed with guys to throw to.  Makes no sense to me.

This has been my issue with keeping Hurts this year, We already saw Smith being upset/frustrated that Hurts wasn't throwing to him when he was wide open. 

Now we will have 2 underutilized Wr's that will underperform this year, and the focus on their production will be on them, not the failure at QB who isn't capable of maximizing their talents. And they could potentially be unhappy. Then even if we do draft a young QB in 2023, it takes time for those guys to get up to speed, we could be looking at 2024 and having both WR's wanting out. Having wasted a couple of years of their prime. 

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Well second round is the sweet spot to get a cheap backup QB 

39 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

pascal wasn’t exactly thrilling last year either. I’d take my chances on reagor than pascal just based on any kind of upside going into yesr 3. Plus the eagles would push reagor over pascal simply cause they drafted him in the first. 

4th WR has to be able to play STs - I don't want to see Reagor return another punt... I sense a trade for a contingent 7th round pick, etc.

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

But the AJ Brown trade seems like a stronger commitment to Hurts, at least for this year. As well as maintaining the potential to be a run heavy offense, because Brown is a good blocker.

I can’t see them picking a QB today, but if Strong slipped to day 3, the third QB spot could look very quarterback-factoryish for him.

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

This has been my issue with keeping Hurts this year, We already saw Smith being upset/frustrated that Hurts wasn't throwing to him when he was wide open. 

Now we will have 2 underutilized Wr's that will underperform this year, and the focus on their production will be on them, not the failure at QB who isn't capable of maximizing their talents. And they could potentially be unhappy. Then even if we do draft a young QB in 2023, it takes time for those guys to get up to speed, we could be looking at 2024 and having both WR's wanting out. Having wasted a couple of years of their prime. 

I posted early this morning about the investment vs targets.  No way are Brown, Smith and Goedert going to be happy all hovering around 70 receptions. Also now having over $180 million invested in the WR/TE group all for a QB who can't make it past his first read. 

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

4th WR has to be able to play STs - I don't want to see Reagor return another punt... I sense a trade for a contingent 7th round pick, etc.

I’d trade him simply cause i think keeping him on the roster as a 4/5 wr is only going to make him pout and tune out. But i also don’t think with the dead money that the eagles would just do it for 6-7th round either. When the trade was announced for brown i immediately thought he was gone. More time pass the more i think he’ll at least be here through training camp unless they get something more than 6-7th rounder. 

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We finally agree... although, I wouldn't kill for it.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I posted early this morning about the investment vs targets.  No way are Brown, Smith and Goedert going to be happy all hovering around 70 receptions. Also now having over $180 million invested in the WR/TE group all for a QB who can't make it past his first read. 

IT'S NOT ABOUT HURTS 

It's about having young talented weapons for whoever we get going forward. Brown is 24 years old 

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Funny, I was told we would be able to move him for significant compensation.

Weird.

Just now, mattmcginley7 said:

IT'S NOT ABOUT HURTS 

It's about having young talented weapons for whoever we get going forward. Brown is 24 years old 

3 issues with that philosphy:

1) Name that QB we will have in 2023, and will they be any better than Hurts? A lot of wishcasting goes into this. We may not  be able to get into position to draft a top QB prospect, nothing is given. Many in here talk like it's a given, not only will there be top QB's avail, but we will easily be able to get them. 

2) How do you keep Smith, Brown and Goedert happy between now and then?

3) We could have used those resources to  build the defense and get a better ROI for 2023 season and long term ROI

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

We finally agree... although, I wouldn't kill for it.

Not even RTK?

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Funny, I was told we would be able to move him for significant compensation.

Weird.

I’ve always felt the most you’d get for him with just 1 year left on his contract and durability concerns over 17 weeks as a starter (5th year option as well) was a 4th that might become a 3rd if you took it for the 2023 draft. This comes down to what’s more valuable to the eagles: getting a 4th for dillard and investing it in a player who’s cheaper and have 4 years under contract (or taking a pick in 2023 that could become better on how he plays) or dillard being your backup at LT in 2022 then letting him walk and maybe getting a low end comp pick in 2024. 

You know, something that you are all conveniently forgetting about when it comes to Paschal, Reagor, the receiving corps, punt returns, etc. is that the Eagles not very long ago signed this stud:

Eagles sign WR Devon Allen

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Who is actually a trade candidate tonight?

Ideally Dillard, Reagor. Possssibly Herbig. Slim to none Hurts.

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

Reagor and Dillard are the two that pop to mind instantly. Maybe Seumalo if the Eagles take a guard tonight. 

Others I wouldn’t completely rule out: 

Minshew

Sanders 

Cox

4 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Hargrave, Dillard, Reagor, Herbig

If we want to go iOL on day 2, Herbig is an easy candidate to trade.

Archived