EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Dont want willis. Corral i am meh but at a certain point…

ridder and strong are the only ones that interest me

Yup. 

Don't like Willis, cuz I'm racist...😒

Corral I like his arm talent and athletic ability but not sure of his Intel core processor 🤷‍♂️

Ridder i like, he seems like he gets it, carries himself well.

If strong is there in the 3rd I pull the trigger, I think he has the best arm talent in the draft.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thanks.  I didn’t need this.  Trust me.  LOL.  He obviously needed it.  

I’m used to owning people in here.  

yes. tell me what I watch in my own home when you and downundermike have never lived here. You guys surely know better. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Running QB that feeds the tight ends.  Don't blame him.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Fight me right now or else i'm posting my nipples 

In my day, Chris Christie 

Lol as long as it's not Chris Christie's nipples.🤮

6 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Trading Reagor before June 1st is not smart, as noted earlier today.  Furthermore,  trade him for what?  Other teams don't want him as much or more than we don't.

a late round pick is fine with me. Id be thrilled to steal a 5th from someone. I can be talked in to a 7th with relative ease.

We owe a ton of gratitude to the Saints.

Next year's first & 2024 second.

And....trading up for Olave at 11 helped Davis get to 13.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I hope we don't fast forward 3 years and DeVonta is saying the same thing

Just now, bpac55 said:

Running QB that feeds the tight ends.  Don't blame him.

I read that as it was brown trying to say it’s the offensive system but it was lamar without him saying it was lamar. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

We owe a ton of gratitude to the Saints.

Next year's first & 2024 second.

And....trading up for Olave at 11 helped Davis get to 13.

Finally making it up to us for taking Lattimore before our pick and Brandon cooks 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup. 

Don't like Willis, cuz I'm racist...😒

Corral I like his arm talent and athletic ability but not sure of his Intel core processor 🤷‍♂️

Ridder i like, he seems like he gets it, carries himself well.

If strong is there in the 3rd I pull the trigger, I think he has the best arm talent in the draft.

Strong won’t go to late 3rd early 4th imo 

8 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I could see a team trading up to 33 for a QB 

Especially with the Vikings and Titans sitting at 33 and 34.  Both teams have been linked to QBs.   The Texans could also pick one at 37.  I don't know that Seattle would think about it.  

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yeah I thought about that this morning. 

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

3 starters is a lot in every draft. RD3 is not guaranteed to be a starter. I do agree that RD2 should be a significant contributor. 

Sure, 3 starters is a really good draft. My preference is to make sure you get your guy in the 1st 2 rounds, then make the dart throws the rest of the way. No guarantees, but at least you're bringing in guys in the premium rounds that check all the boxes you're looking for.

Just now, Original Sin said:

I wonder if he's not selected until the 5th because of his knee.  

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

my first thought too.  I'm watching Sports Take with DGunn and the excuses they are making for Hurts.  Said he was playing last year with one arm behind his back because of his lack of weapons and now he will be unleashed with guys to throw to.  Makes no sense to me.

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

yeah, their hands are pretty tied right now unfortunately.  Hoping Howie is on the phone trying to unload players without roles/futures here.

I like what they did last night and they clearly made their team better. I also expect them to sign someone like honey badger soon who can help right away and fill one of their many holes. They still need to get creative and add a couple of picks though because they still have so many holes to fill. You can't always fill every hole in one year but they still need a CB, S, and DE right away and could use a LB, RB, and IOL. I'm not even counting 237 which is likely a ST'er or PS guy so right now they have 51, 83, and 154 to work with which isn't going to cut it. Even if they just traded down a few spots from 52 and 83 and got back a 4th and 5th it would help.

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Lol as long as it's not Chris Christie's nipples.🤮

image.png.bce50e43d01c8183e51043f18c7fd0f8.png

Just now, Original Sin said:

Yeah I've seen mocks with him in the 2nd-4th

So who knows 

I like strong a lot, I think in the 3rd his value would be too much to pass on.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

my first thought too.  I'm watching Sports Take with DGunn and the excuses they are making for Hurts.  Said he was playing last year with one arm behind his back because of his lack of weapons and now he will be unleashed with guys to throw to.  Makes no sense to me.

Also he was a rookie

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Again, not a single person every really brought the knowledge to the board. Its one thing to be in the late rounds of a draft sim looking through guys and reading some scouting reports to see who might be a nice name to mix in there.

Its quite another to go watch him then, and come post here saying what you saw, why you like him, why he may be a fit for our scheme, etc. Not a single person ever did that on the entire message board. Not even a little bit. Without any of that, theres no proof anyone really knew who this guy was that they were clicking on in late rounds of sims. 

Any time I find a guy who I havent seen discussed, I bring it here to share. Why did no one ever share any knowledge on Armour-Davis?

Well, part of that is scouting CBs, I suspect. TV game limitations. With him, you really only have last season and even then he missed some games. Slanter not a backpedaler.  (Something I gripe about with college CBs regularly).  He’s fast but his feet and hips aren’t good. I just don’t see him as a third rounder. Must be the speed/size thing driving that.  Thing about the CBs in this class is everyone of them (except maybe Gardner) has things I don’t like.  

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Especially with the Vikings and Titans sitting at 33 and 34.  Both teams have been linked to QBs.   The Texans could also pick one at 37.  I don't know that Seattle would think about it.  

Tampa is 33

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

So whose the Kim Jong Un of NY...

New Yorkers are each their own Kim Jong Un.  

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I like what they did last night and they clearly made their team better. I also expect them to sign someone like honey badger soon who can help right away and fill one of their many holes. They still need to get creative and add a couple of picks though because they still have so many holes to fill. You can't always fill every hole in one year but they still need a CB, S, and DE right away and could use a LB, RB, and IOL. I'm not even counting 237 which is likely a ST'er or PS guy so right now they have 51, 83, and 154 to work with which isn't going to cut it. Even if they just traded down a few spots from 52 and 83 and got back a 4th and 5th it would help.

I’d add i believe they also deal dillard and potentially reagor at some point this weekend. Reagor the dead money stinks but i don’t think you want him pouting in the locker room as a 4th wr. He’s showed in college when things weren’t going his way that he’d tune out/half ass it 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When was the the discussion?   You’re so bent you can’t think straight.  @downundermike

Im dominating. 

While it has been exhilarating Im going to have to step away. Its almost time for the kids to get home from school. Batting practice for my older one. Maybe some dinner. And trying to get home in time to watch Howie continue  making a fool of all of his doubters in the draft.

Archived