EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

A trade for Abram would definitely put some WR's on notice.  Dude is a very hard hitter 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

How far down from 51 would they have to trade to get a 4th?

Pick 106

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

pascal wasn’t exactly thrilling last year either. I’d take my chances on reagor than pascal just based on any kind of upside going into yesr 3. Plus the eagles would push reagor over pascal simply cause they drafted him in the first. 

Ehhh, maybe.  But the coaching staff hand-picked Pascal.  It seems to me when a coaching staff bangs the table to pick up a guy like Pascal because they have worked with him before and think he is super reliable (which is basically what Sirianni said about him), well, they’re going to give that guy opportunities to play.  And those opportunities are not going to come at the expense of AJ, Devonta or Quez.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

How far down from 51 would they have to trade to get a 4th?

Based on the value chart

51 = 390 points

Dallas - 56 and 129 = 383

New England - 54 and 127 = 405

Atlanta - 58 and 114 = 406

Green Bay - 59, 132, and 140 = 386

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Based on the value chart

51 = 390 points

Green Bay would be a possibility if we can throw in Reagor it looks we're getting something for him.  

7 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Ehhh, maybe.  But the coaching staff hand-picked Pascal.  It seems to me when a coaching staff bangs the table to pick up a guy like Pascal because they have worked with him before and think he is super reliable (which is basically what Sirianni said about him), well, they’re going to give that guy opportunities to play.  And those opportunities are not going to come at the expense of AJ, Devonta or Quez.

I don’t know how much of the table they banged for him. I just think Pascal came super cheap at 1 year 1.5 mil. he is familiar with sirianni (what he ideally wants to run) which makes sense for a fourth or fifth wide receiver.that said i think reagor had more upside even if he’s been a bust so far than pascal. I’m guessing if the eagles kept reagor, they’d probably want him to be more successful than pascal as it was their pick and he has more trade value as he has perceived more potential upside for someone trading for him then pascal who likely is gone at the end of 2022. 

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Based on the value chart

51 = 390 points

Solid info.  Eagles and Cowboys have been trade partners a couple of times over the last few years.

I'd send Reagor to GB for 132 and 140.

27 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

my first thought too.  I'm watching Sports Take with DGunn and the excuses they are making for Hurts.  Said he was playing last year with one arm behind his back because of his lack of weapons and now he will be unleashed with guys to throw to.  Makes no sense to me.

Wait... Hurts was playing with one arm behind his back?   Must have been his throwing arm.

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol when you just click the last page and see people posting maps...

Sorry my bad 😊

Potential safety target via trade: Chuck Clark from the Ravens. They drafted Hamilton and signed Marcus Williams in free agency. Maybe it takes a 2023 4th or something, but it's worth exploring in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Wait... Hurts was playing with one arm behind his back?   Must have been his throwing arm.

apparently having a clipped wing caused him to run in circles. 

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

my first thought too.  I'm watching Sports Take with DGunn and the excuses they are making for Hurts.  Said he was playing last year with one arm behind his back because of his lack of weapons and now he will be unleashed with guys to throw to.  Makes no sense to me.

Especially when we all say the all 22, Baldy breakdowns showing receivers running wide open, while Hurts was doing this in a clean pocket.

Running In Circles GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Or the one that throws to the left middle and or deep.

His pirouette arm looked good though.

Just now, bpac55 said:

apparently having a clipped wing caused him to run in circles. 

😆

Send me the consultants' check, Howie... :lol:

image.thumb.png.94875f814223e8191eb582e247f3edf9.png

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Especially when we all say the all 22, Baldy breakdowns showing receivers running wide open, while Hurts was doing this in a clean pocket.

Running In Circles GIFs | Tenor

😆😄

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

So who thinks and in typical day 2 puzzling fashion we end up with the tiny CB from Houston while some good CBs with nice length are available, and then take a TE or RB in round 3?

oh. ok.

I probably watched more Marcus Jones games than anyone else.  Kid has swagger and doesn’t back down but there were catches he gave up because he is so small. But man, am I going to miss his returns.  But a Day 2 pick?  Howie does some really stupid things on Day 2. There will be booze tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Send me the consultants' check, Howie... :lol:

image.thumb.png.94875f814223e8191eb582e247f3edf9.png

This was mine from a few days before the draft

May be an image of 1 person

58 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

No there’s no way anyone in here is better than you, remember? 

Obviously I am

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

If they can get an early to mid 4th for him they should just trade him. If the best offer they get is a 5th or later then I wouldn't fault them for holding onto him.

• Malik Willis, QB, Liberty: Willis is sort of a wildcard player in this draft, in that it's not expected that the Eagles will take a quarterback early, and yet there's a decent argument to take Willis, specifically. He's a dual-threat quarterback whose running style is reminiscent of Jalen Hurts, in that they're both strong runners who can shake tacklers. He also shares some of Hurts' passing traits, in that his decision-making and accuracy need to improve. What sets Willis apart from Hurts, however, is his pure arm talent, which gives him more upside.

Archived