EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

a late round pick is fine with me. Id be thrilled to steal a 5th from someone. I can be talked in to a 7th with relative ease.

I'd be so happy just don't think it is plausible.  After he has the "best training camp of his career..." then we might get a 7th rounder.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betting sites have Logan Hall as the heavy favorite to go 33 to Tampa. Also, Willis is now the favorite to go 34. Vikings pick there, have done research on QB but I’m pretty sure they just extended Cousins. Could be a trade in place there also

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Of course I do plenty of them. Never denied that. Seems to be besides whatever point was originally being made but if you feel its a small win for me to say that I do draft sims, there you go. Have a win. :blink:

Saying I crushed it, or dominated, or going to the super bowl is always being facetious. Same goes for when I started saying you guys arent familiar with the players when people were hating on my drafts. I dont really take myself as seriously as many of you think I do. 

Winning.  Me, Charlie Sheen, and Trump.  It's what we do.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im dominating. 

While it has been exhilarating Im going to have to step away. Its almost time for the kids to get home from school. Batting practice for my older one. Maybe some dinner. And trying to get home in time to watch Howie continue  making a fool of all of his doubters in the draft.

Where do you find the time to be a draft expert?

2 minutes ago, What The F said:

image.png.fdfb7142dfacb0dfbbca79591fe1f57e.png

across that red border in the question mark area is eagles territory. south jersey. Theyre about a 1 hour ride across the atlantic city expressway and Ben Franklin bridge and theyre literally at the Linc. 

North Jersey is Jets. Not even Giants. Jets. Theyre idiots. 

Just now, NCiggles said:

I meant 34 and 35.  

I can see Vikes drafting a QB , even though they used a 3rd last year on Mond 

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

Winning.  Me, Charlie Sheen, and Trump.  It's what we do.

Where do you find the time to be a draft expert?

free time.

4 minutes ago, What The F said:

image.png.fdfb7142dfacb0dfbbca79591fe1f57e.png

Updated 

8D9AD9B1-44CA-4557-A3C8-9AC3FE16B7BD.jpeg

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think the concern about Howie is his ability to manage the team financially.  I think the concerns are roster management and talent acquisition.  He gets tied to players he acquired and is too willing to overlook their flaws. The other part of it is his decision making in the draft.  I think there are also so other related concerns where he wants to isolate units and serve as an information gatekeeper like for analytics and personnel.  Howie has flaws. 

His strengths are his willingness to take risks to improve the team.  He tries to consistently solve roster issues.  He wants to improve the team. He's an excellent negotiator and generally makes smart deals for the team.  

Sure seems that he cut ties with Wentz pretty easily and if last night wasn’t a recognition by Howie that Reagor is a bust, I am not sure what would be.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d add i believe they also deal dillard and potentially reagor at some point this weekend. Reagor the dead money stinks but i don’t think you want him pouting in the locker room as a 4th wr. He’s showed in college when things weren’t going his way that he’d tune out/half ass it 

4th WR?  AJ, Devonta, Quez, Pascal ... I think that makes Raegor 5th WR at best.

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Betting sites have Logan Hall as the heavy favorite to go 33 to Tampa. Also, Willis is now the favorite to go 34. Vikings pick there, have done research on QB but I’m pretty sure they just extended Cousins. Could be a trade in place there also

I'm expecting the Vikings to draft Booth. They need a CB.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

across that red border in the question mark area is eagles territory. south jersey. Theyre about a 1 hour ride across the atlantic city expressway and Ben Franklin bridge and theyre literally at the Linc. 

The reason I put that question mark.... I have Eagles/Phils/Flyers fan friends in that zone. HOWEVER...  I have a close friend that is from Cape May and they actually get NYC Local tv there and not philly, so they get all the NYC local sports. That entire area is full of NY fans and NJ Devil fans. Its weird. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I always considered East of that red line was like the rec center whirlpool. A whole cast of different characters intermingling going in and out.

Just now, BayAreaLennie said:

4th WR?  AJ, Devonta, Quez, Pascal ... I think that makes Raegor 5th WR at best.

pascal wasn’t exactly thrilling last year either. I’d take my chances on reagor than pascal just based on any kind of upside going into yesr 3. Plus the eagles would push reagor over pascal simply cause they drafted him in the first. 

22 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The opinions on the blog are like an inverse bell curve.  Thankfully, no one has posted a shirtless selfie or threatened fisticuffs.  

Yet

13 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I like what they did last night and they clearly made their team better. I also expect them to sign someone like honey badger soon who can help right away and fill one of their many holes. They still need to get creative and add a couple of picks though because they still have so many holes to fill. You can't always fill every hole in one year but they still need a CB, S, and DE right away and could use a LB, RB, and IOL. I'm not even counting 237 which is likely a ST'er or PS guy so right now they have 51, 83, and 154 to work with which isn't going to cut it. Even if they just traded down a few spots from 52 and 83 and got back a 4th and 5th it would help.

How far down from 51 would they have to trade to get a 4th?

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

pascal wasn’t exactly thrilling last year either. I’d take my chances on reagor than pascal just based on any kind of upside going into yesr 3. Plus the eagles would push reagor over pascal simply cause they drafted him in the first. 

That's going to be a battle in Luries office. Howies draft blunder vs Nick's love affair. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

That's going to be a battle in Luries office. Howies draft blunder vs Nick's love affair. 

Settled by Rock Paper Scissors then horse on the fisher price hoop. 

As many really good players that are available right now like Booth, Gordon, McCreary, Pitre, Brisker, Dean, Harris, Ebeketie, Mafe, etc chances are that none of them are still there at 50. Add to that their needs to get some picks back and they are almost definitely going to trade back at least a little bit. If they don't trade back from 51 I would expect them to move way back from 83. Maybe something like 101 and 111 from the Jets or 107 and 108 from the Texans would make sense.

Archived