EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

16 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The dislike for this guy is something I’ll never understand 

He's like the current 6th/7th WR. Why not get something for him if you can?

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spadaro: What has been the biggest key to your success to this point in your career? 

Jordan Davis: Humility. There's always room for improvement.

Love this kid even more after his PC and his 1-on-1 Spads interview.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, being from Cape May I consider N Jersey basically NY.  

Is your avatar Moses? 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Agreed. I think he's a 3rd round target.

Same. Especially if Cross and Joseph are gone.

Hence why I said "ideally" Dillard and Reagor. Maybe Herbig. Slim to none Hurts.

Have a feeling that guys like hall, mafe, obajo, ebikitie are going early in the second round and not falling to 51. Along with corners. I like binitto but i also think he’s more of a third rounder but could see us reaching. Feels like a trade back from 51 to 57-62 range could happen. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Is your avatar Moses? 

As a four for four fan 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Is your avatar Moses? 

6 mins past 4:20, TorontoEagle asking the important questions

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Have a feeling that guys like hall, mafe, obajo, ebikitie are going early in the second round and not falling to 51. Along with corners. I like binitto but i also think he’s more of a third rounder but could see us reaching. Feels like a trade back from 51 to 57-62 range could happen. 

I think they want to recoup some draft capital. Whether that's a small R2 trade back, a player trade or two, or a combo of both I am happy with it. There is a lot of value in R3-4 in this draft. Don't sleep on Bonitto though...great production. Can come from a 2 or 3 point stance as well.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

@Utebird Penn State is way over on the west side of the state.   Steelers country in PA extends out to Lancaster County... not much Eagles stuff goes further west than that.  Rural PA is almost all Steelers.  

Not exactly.  State College is western but not way over to the west side of the state.  And except the river valleys west of the Susquehanna don’t have big populations.  But lots of Eagles fans out here in the central part of the state (and down where I am the transplanted Marylanders are Ravens fans.). We outnumber the Pittsburgh fans.  Only time the Steelers are shown locally is when the Ravens have a bye or are playing the Steelers.  In State College, they show Eagles and Steelers games.  

As to HE’s point that Brisker could appeal to the fan base.  Well those PSU people are everywhere.  

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I couldn’t imagine deebo being thrilled to play with the lions. Jets i could see if he liked Wilson and alongside moore assuming moore wasn’t part of the deal

Lol whatta **** offer 

My coveted players. Hoping we come out with one preferably defense 

DT Logan Hall , DE Arnold Ebiketie , CB's Kyler Gordon , Andrew Booth , Tariq Woolen , DL Alex Wright , DL Cam Thomas , LB's Nik Bonitto , Chad Muma, Darrian Beavers , S Jaquan Brisker , TE Trey McBride 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Smith is the most athletic LB to come out of college in the past 25 years. But Im not sure you can take on such another huge project. You have Anderson with that kind of size and athleticism who should be just as raw but somehow seems to know what he is doing much, much more. 

I misspoke about missed tackles though. That is Christian Harris with the Singleton disease. 15.7% missed tackle rate. That guy, I dont know if you can even consider him on day 2 because that is so bad.

Smith runs around like a chicken with its head cut off at times.  

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Lol whatta **** offer 

So the offer that one guy put out days before was completely wrong. If i were the niners I’d have asked for 10 and moore. I’d been pretty satisfied. I’m betting the jets would’ve definitely been unwilling to do that.  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No, it's the rich dude who sits courtside at the Sixers games waving his towel to pump the guys up.  

It’d be way cooler if it was Moses. 

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

My coveted players. Hoping we come out with one preferably defense 

DT Logan Hall , DE Arnold Ebiketie , CB's Kyler Gordon , Andrew Booth , Tariq Woolen , DL Alex Wright , DL Cam Thomas , LB's Nik Bonitto , Chad Muma, Darrian Beavers , S Jaquan Brisker , TE Trey McBride 

Josh Paschall, Cam Taylor-Britt, Channing Tindell, Bryan Cook... a lot good players left.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't see the resemblance.  

See the source image

That’s cause you’re racist, obviously 

50 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

1) Name that QB we will have in 2023, and will they be any better than Hurts? A lot of wishcasting goes into this. We may not  be able to get into position to draft a top QB prospect, nothing is given. Many in here talk like it's a given, not only will there be top QB's avail, but we will easily be able to get them. 

Nonsense... finding a QB is easy.  Just suck really bad and you get to pick a new QB every couple years.  

2 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Josh Paschall, Cam Taylor-Britt, Channing Tindell, Bryan Cook... a lot good players left.

I like those guys as well quite a but, just the ones I listed a little more. 

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Don’t get me wrong, I want the Eagles to draft a S, but I am fine with Brisker or Cross.   I am not sure what Gannon wants there.  My guess is interchangeable that allow more Cover 1. Sure looks to me like he is building a hybrid D, kind of like Belichek’s (which is always changing).  Wrinkles and disguises.  

I am not convinced the Gannon wants to play zone quite like he did last year.  But McLeod had lost at least a step, Harris is a bit slow and Epps is a downhill player primarily.  Nelson was worse than most people think and the cushions he gave plus the deepness of Harris stopped no one.  (Harris outplayed McLeod and Epps but don’t release the balloons and confetti).  

I am not convinced that Gannon had what he wanted at LB.  The interesting thing is that the focus there seems to be speed. (Edwards plays faster than his forty time.  His instincts are strong.). Johnson ran a 4.66 at 240.  Stevens ran a 4.62.  Reddick is a 4.52 guy.  Heck, White is the slowest brought in since Gannon came aboard and he ran a 4.69.  Pretty good 3 cones from these guys too. WILs that can cover and are agile.  Agile and fast SAMs that can rush the passer but are fleet enough to cover most RBs and TEs if needed.  But he wants his LBs clean.  

But S, I haven’t figured out.  Allowed his DBs to pick their cushion last year.  None of the DBs picked up since he joined suggest he wants to play press.  The technique he used last year suggests he likes DBs that can close.  Fits McPhearson and Gowan.  Vincent too.  What I have noticed with the Ss he brought in is nothing is clear.  Harris is close to a 4.6 guy.  Vincent is a blazer.  So is Mayden.  Chachere has good speed. But they didn’t break the bank for Harris  and Mayden and Chachere are free agents.  Speed at S impacted the zone calls last year.  (So did the anemic pass rush.). 

Nor have I. That's the big question now with this defense. There are a number of them available tonight and I expect Howie to try and get one. He may not wait until #51.

43 minutes ago, RLC said:

Hargrave, Dillard, Reagor, Herbig

If we want to go iOL on day 2, Herbig is an easy candidate to trade.

How big is the market for a guy that was an untendered RFA just a little while ago... who came back here for backup money on a one year deal?

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Anyone think the price the Eagles paid for Brown would've gotten Deebo?

Draft pick wise, probably not, contractually, not even close.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That sam darnold and baker QB room…

I still remember Darnold's face in the green room when Mayfield was announced as the #1 pick   😂  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

How big is the market for a guy that was an untendered RFA just a little while ago... who came back here for backup money on a one year deal?

Exactly.  Maybe we can trade Barnett, the UFA who could not get a whiff of an offer from anyone else. :roll:

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Anyone think the price the Eagles paid for Brown would've gotten Deebo?

I'd rather have Brown.  Deebo wants the ball less.

24 minutes ago, RLC said:

Based on last night's discussion, it appears that if the Eagles trade Cox they would actually get a minimal cap hit as the signing bonus was an advance.

Man, all the Cox contracts are complex.

If it is treated as a signing bonus, it hits the cap the second he is traded.

Archived