EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hey everyone, I've been in the hospital for the past 24 or so hours, my mother had a stroke yesterday evening, so I wasn't online when everything started going on. How's the server holding up?

Thought I'd give a little update, since I mentioned this last night. Her scans show 0 damage from the stroke. So either the injection worked 100% or any damage that is there, is so small that the scan can't pick it up. So great news, and she's transferring out of ICU once a bed in the stroke ward opens up. 

Thanks to everyone with the well wishes and all that, it's greatly appreciated.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Thought I'd give a little update, since I mentioned this last night. Her scans show 0 damage from the stroke. So either the injection worked 100% or any damage that is there, is so small that the scan can't pick it up. So great news, and she's transferring out of ICU once a bed in the stroke ward opens up. 

Awesome!

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Pitre ??

The S left I like…Pitre, Brisker, Cross, Joseph, Cook. 

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

This has been my issue with keeping Hurts this year, We already saw Smith being upset/frustrated that Hurts wasn't throwing to him when he was wide open. 

Now we will have 2 underutilized Wr's that will underperform this year, and the focus on their production will be on them, not the failure at QB who isn't capable of maximizing their talents. And they could potentially be unhappy. Then even if we do draft a young QB in 2023, it takes time for those guys to get up to speed, we could be looking at 2024 and having both WR's wanting out. Having wasted a couple of years of their prime. 

Exactly what I’ve been saying, this can’t be a run first team in the upcoming season while they’re paying Brown $25 Million, and good luck be guaranteed a QB in 2023.  Teams likely worse than the Eagles that need a QB in 2023, Atlanta, Seattle, Washington, NYG, Detroit, Miami, Houston, Minnesota, and possibly Carolina.   Chicago is a possibility if Fields sucks this year as well.  
 Any of these teams taking a QB in Round 2 or 3 tonight, won’t hesitate to draft a better QB in 2023. 

11 minutes ago, RLC said:

I would gladly trade out of RD2 for future 2023 Panthers capital.

Too many holes on D to trade completely out of R2. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

Too many holes on D to trade completely out of R2. 

If we sign Honey Badger, is that really true?

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The S left I like…Pitre, Brisker, Cross, Cook. 

Nick Grant may be a good option if they wait until round 5.

Just now, downundermike said:

I really like Nick Grant and think its strange how much he has flown under the radar. But if Pitre or Brisker are sitting there at 51, I would really like the birds to pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

I really like Nick Grant and think its strange how much he has flown under the radar. But if Pitre or Brisker are sitting there at 51, I would really like the birds to pull the trigger.

I am just gonna assume they go DE or OL at 51, so we will be looking at CB and S in round 3 and 5.

5 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

I have a feeling they are both gone.

Rd 2. Tariq Woolen

Rd 3. Josh Paschal / Kingsley Enagbare / Michael Clemons

Rd 5. Nick Grant

Just now, downundermike said:

I have a feeling they are both gone.

Rd 2. Tariq Woolen

Rd 3. Josh Paschal / Kingsley Enagbare / Michael Clemons

Rd 5. Nick Grant

I would really like this outcome. I'd prefer Paschal out of the DE's you listed but its still not a bad bunch to choose from.

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

If we sign Honey Badger, is that really true?

Yes. Edge is still a huge need. 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

True. 

12 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying, this can’t be a run first team in the upcoming season while they’re paying Brown $25 Million, and good luck be guaranteed a QB in 2023.  Teams likely worse than the Eagles that need a QB in 2023, Atlanta, Seattle, Washington, NYG, Detroit, Miami, Houston, Minnesota, and possibly Carolina.   Chicago is a possibility if Fields sucks this year as well.  
 Any of these teams taking a QB in Round 2 or 3 tonight, won’t hesitate to draft a better QB in 2023. 

Brown at $25M, Goedert at $15M, DeVonta Smith needing to live up to the #10 overall pick.  The Eagles won't be a run-first team under that payroll distribution.

Last year's #51 pick is on a 4 year, $6.6M contract.  That kind of money would fit really well under the current scheme.  A reset at QB is still possible if they're hanging around on the board at the Eagles pick.

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm looking for a guy people are scared to go over the middle against and can cover deep. But also, can come up in the box and knock the ish out of someone too. There aren't a ton of them left who can do it all. For example, I like JT Woods. Fast, good high S who can cover, but the guy is a rough tackler.

I like Woods but his coverage isn’t as good as Brisker and he isn’t in the same stratosphere in covering the run.  Back before the trades, I liked the idea of a double dip of Brisker and Woods. 

40 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think that's sister, mom, girlfriend from left to right. With that being said...

3, 2, 4, 1, 5 and the difference between 2 and 1 is tiiiiiiny.

Nope..sister, mom, sister. 

29 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Excellent.  Strokes are so scary.  Happy to hear the good news.  Now you can enjoy the rest of the draft.

Cross your fingers the Panthers, Falcons take QBs today. Need them not willing to draft one next year. Not that it's a lock to deter them, but might make them more willing to trade down if Eagles need to trade up in the 2023 draft if they have guys they like and view as their future QBs.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Cross your fingers the Panthers, Falcons take QBs today. Need them not willing to draft one next year. Not that it's a lock to deter them, but might make them more willing to trade down if Eagles need to trade up in the 2023 draft if they have guys they like and view as their future QBs.

Just hope that the Panthers and Falcons make good picks and get better.  We need them to win games against the Saints this season.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Clearly a better offer and i doubt they get any higher. SF just knows how valuable he is to their offense. Oh well.. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We need edge and a lb and a corner.  But other than that, we’re set.  

I would like to address CB, S (unless we sign Mathieu), and edge the next two days. I’m pretending that our 1st and 2nd rounders next year and following are gone in a trade-up for a QB.

We will likely make the playoffs and the Saints are probably going to be no earlier than a 12-15 pick.

15 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I’m more worried about the NYG, Washington, and Indy, none of those teams will make it easier to get a QB next season. 
 Irsay will hold a grudge after the Wentz debacle, and any team taking a QB in the 2nd round tonight won’t hesitate to take a better one next year. 
 Carolina hopefully gets Baker or Jimmy G, Atlanta can have the other.  

Reflecting on the Davis pick and the roster as it's built at this moment.  I just don't see a CB being taken in round 2 or 3.  They can sign a vet for a year or get by with letting the currents CBs fight it out if they need to.  Not sure QB will be on the cards either - tonight I'd assume will be far more focused on what the scouts reported in areas of need over the year vs making a splash. Safety, LB or OL will be higher priorities; DE could sneak in if the right one is there but William can play there as needed.

Not sure TE will pop up unless someone really drops.

If they draft a WR though.  We riot 😉

Archived