EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

paying big guarantees for these UDFAs. 

You can do that when you have few draft picks.... and this is a deep draft, so we need to land them.  

Let's get it done!!!

I think there's a cap on the amount of bonuses you can give to UDFAs, but not on guaranteed money.

Howie, as usual, found the loophole.

A lot of these guys had 6th rd or so grades.

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Eagles had a great UDFA haul.  Took the money they expected to spend on picks and spent it on UDFAs

it seems the CBs we signed were better than anyone we could have drafted from round 4 on. 

The QB we got is imo QB1 in the entire draft. Howell may be a great selection in round 5 for Washingotn but it can be argued Strong is the best or 2nd best we could have possibly gotten in round 4 on. 

Blankenship is a perfect fit for our 2 high system. Has been productive. Experienced. And adequate athlete for the position. Round 4 on, theres some nams. But as a fit, probably about as good as anyone we could have gotten.

I think we could have potentially done better at RB if we had draft picks. And another miss, which is glaring is DE.

But for the most part it made a ton of sense to just go in to UDFA with a boatload of money to offer considering the depth of this draft class with so many guys taking that extra year of eligibility. Howie really took advantage of this never before seen opportunity. And time will tell how well it really worked. Bur right now it looks to have worked brilliantly.

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

wooow. Smooth!

My wife knows who this guy is in real life.  He's... a treasure.  

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

thats the one i mentioned when they drafted him, and I said its not just speed, insane change of direction too. thats awesome.

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Carson’s arm.  Jalen’s legs.  Gardener’s Stache.   

we got ourselves a qb

b0a8cddc-b571-40c0-a6c9-f8314a51f69c_tex

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Lol

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

And another miss, which is glaring is DE

Maybe not, looking like we may be going to more of a 3-4 look to the defense.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The Giants had a good first round with Thibideaux and Neal. After that?

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think we could have potentially done better at RB if we had draft picks. And another miss, which is glaring is DE.

I think we may need to revisit this.  Not sure if we are going to be fielding traditional 4-3 DEs as this defense evolves.

Riddick and now Johnson and the other standup / SAM types sort of point to a different scheme, thus different personnel requirement.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

it seems the CBs we signed were better than anyone we could have drafted from round 4 on. 

The QB we got is imo QB1 in the entire draft. Howell may be a great selection in round 5 for Washingotn but it can be argued Strong is the best or 2nd best we could have possibly gotten in round 4 on. 

Blankenship is a perfect fit for our 2 high system. Has been productive. Experienced. And adequate athlete for the position. Round 4 on, theres some nams. But as a fit, probably about as good as anyone we could have gotten.

But for the most part it made a ton of sense to just go in to UDFA with a boatload of money to offer considering the depth of this draft class with so many guys taking that extra year of eligibility. Howie really took advantage of this never before seen opportunity. And time will tell how well it really worked. Bur right now it looks to have worked brilliantly.

I was looking for Brugler’s write up on Blankenship, but he was his 46th safety and had nothing on him beyond workout numbers. 

13 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

It was destiny.

20220430_210014.jpg

20220404_104246.jpg

That's a guy that loves ball!!!

Not a lot of talk about QB EJ Perry from Brown.

I was surprised to see him listed as one of the UDFA.

Gonna have some competition in camp.

Eagles getting guys for Vic Fangio when he takes over when Gannon leaves after this year

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Quoting that song just made his knee 10 percent healthier. 

Just needs to get 1% each day.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did Carson Strong just become QB1 on the SWAG scale ??

He's already mine!   I might actually have to make a clone.  Sorry @Wentz_Era   I think this one is mine!  :lol: 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I know we're excited to get highly rated UDFA.

But, didnt we have a shot to pick them in the first place?

We couldn't take them all, but one or two where we actually had picks?

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I think we may need to revisit this.  Not sure if we are going to be fielding traditional 4-3 DEs as this defense evolves.

Riddick and now Johnson and the other standup / SAM types sort of point to a different scheme, thus different personnel requirement.

Yup.  That's what I am getting from the tea leaves.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I really like this guy!

It’s probably already been said 20 times, but he looks like he’s in the Reddick mold - and an indication that they want to run the 3-man front a lot.

And now Noah Ellis as well…

Archived