EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Transferred to LSU.

It's called Google.

I always thought it was Louisiana State University.   

FrighteningSpectacularAfricangroundhornb

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Outlaw @HazletonEagle any 2023 mock draft simulators up and running yet ??  Gotta start irritating the old guys starting Monday.

TDN is updating their site and says improvements are coming. But its not available right now.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I always thought it was Louisiana State University.   

FrighteningSpectacularAfricangroundhornb

:facepalm::facepalm:

Just now, ManuManu said:

Perhaps noteworthy, perhaps meaningless. 

Kind of interesting. Figured he couldnt be a DE here, but thought he would be Reddick's backup. So SAM rather than ILB. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Perhaps noteworthy, perhaps meaningless. 

Perhaps.

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The journey continues.  He'd be an improvement for the Panthers but Baker would be more of an improvement for them.  Beyond that I don't think there is really a place for him to start.  I wonder if he retires.  If he's up for it would be smart to go to a place like Houston where he can just play older vet mentor role for a young QB.  Also wonder if maybe Doug brings him in as a backup in Jacksonville to mentor Trevor.  

I do think he can have a nice career of 3-4 years of just bouncing around as a backup if he wants.  

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Now that the QB is in place. The front 7 is looking nasty. Sanders should be walking out of here.... it might be possible.

Bad use of resources though.  

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

:facepalm::facepalm:

thats-what-i-do-baby.gif

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Bad use of resources though.  

QB- set

OL- set

WR-set

TE-set

RB-vacant

DE- set (with starters)

DT- set

LB- set

CB- vacancy

S- Vacancy

The team is just about at the point where they can have that luxury of spending on that position. 

However, this is looking like a really nice RB class potentially. Bijan may be special. But they might get a really good one in round 2.

Right now my preference is a CB and S, or some bookend CBs. 

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Didn't realize this... 
Never trained formally as a QB in HS.  1 D1 offer.  Started as 7th on the depth chart.  Seems like a kid that likes a challenge too.  Starting #3 here shouldn't bother him a bit.    Time to work.

Yep. He said in amother video he didn't care if he was drafted in the first, seventh,or UDFA, it's about what you do after and the work you put in. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Damn, draft guru @HazletonEagle having a rough day

why?

Just now, Sack that QB said:

he knows Hurts sucks.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I can already tell that I'm destined to be confusing him and Tarron Jackson all season the rare times they see the field this year.  

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

QB- set

OL- set

WR-set

TE-set

RB-vacant

DE- set (with starters)

DT- set

LB- set

CB- vacancy

S- Vacancy

The team is just about at the point where they can have that luxury of spending on that position. 

However, this is looking like a really nice RB class potentially. Bijan may be special. But they might get a really good one in round 2.

Right now my preference is a CB and S, or some bookend CBs. 

I don't disagree with most of this, but going to RB in Round 1.... Not a fan of that.  Maybe, for Derrick Henry though.  Is there a Derrick Henry available?

Howie, my apologies.  Once you signed Carson Strong, you totally saved this draft and the future of this franchise.  Once he hits the field, AJ, DeVonta, Dallas, Quez, Ward, he’ll even Reagor, targets for everybody.

2 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep. He said in amother video he didn't care if he was drafted in the first, seventh,or UDFA, it's about what you do after and the work you put in. 

If he becomes QB1... he'll make up for that lost revenue eventually (or pretty close).

Just now, Diehardfan said:

It really sounds like his intangibles potentially surpass  Hurts. 

The guy balled on a peg leg because he just loves playing. Now he doesnt care about draft position or even being drafted at all. Its all about the work you put in? Wow. 

Leadership. Hard work. Determination. Playing through injury. How swaggy is his wardrobe?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

It really sounds like his intangibles potentially surpass  Hurts. 

The guy balled on a peg leg because he just loves playing. Now he doesnt care about draft position or even being drafted at all. Its all about the work you put in? Wow. 

Leadership. Hard work. Determination. Playing through injury. How swaggy is his wardrobe?

I hear it's Strong.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't disagree with most of this, but going to RB in Round 1.... Not a fan of that.  Maybe, for Derrick Henry though.  Is there a Derrick Henry available?

there... might be.

I dont have enough detailed knowledge yet. But I know there are a bunch that have already gotten a lot of hype. And right now Bijan is the leader of the group. He is listed at 6'0'' 200 and is pretty fast and well rounded. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Howie, my apologies.  Once you signed Carson Strong, you totally saved this draft and the future of this franchise.  Once he hits the field, AJ, DeVonta, Dallas, Quez, Ward, he’ll even Reagor, targets for everybody.

We have three 1000 yard WRs just waiting to get the ball and chain off and show out.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

why?

Wrong position on Johnson, didn’t even know where your supposed #1 corner was going to school

Archived