EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

21 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Man, he is a FUN player.  Is he a Nasty Nate or does he have a legit shot as a slot/returner?  He's an elite return man.  Can run circles around Ward and Reagor.

But... can he run circles like Hurts?

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

If I’m AJB & DeVonta I’m publicly supporting Hurts but secretly rooting for Strong. He has the ability to make them 1.5x their production from Hurts.

He made Doubs a 4th round pick.

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im not sure we really have details on the extend of the knee injury he had operated on. Not sure on that one. My guess would be no. What QBs have had their careers limited by any ACL injury in recent years? Hes not a runner, and never gonna be. Hes a QB with a little bit of mobility to move around the pocket, even get outside the pocket a little bit. But rarely going to ever take off running. Id guess its going to hold up a good long time. 

Id love to hear him and Howie talk about it. Im hoping for another Nakobe Dean type of answer. "Yeah Im good. Im ready to go. Full participant in camp next week."

I @ you to a story talking about the things he's had done. It sounds like it was supposed to be a year recovery but he started playing after 6 months and now it's getting close to 100%. They talk about the scope he had in August and how if something was wrong they would have done another procedure then.

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He got surgery and came back too early (because he loves to ball) and was severely limited playing on what looked like a peg leg. 

If you pay attention before the injury, and even pre-draft workouts- the guy is not a statue at all. He can move comparably to Foles. I think he is going to shock people with his mobility as soon as he gets to camp. And we have a gem. 

Still can't believe he wasn't drafted.    REALLY can't believe he's going to be wearing Eagles' green.   I just hope this doesn't turn into a Mostert situation.  You remember that, I'm sure.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:58 PM, Alphagrand said:

I’ve been expecting @Don Corleone to pop in and give a list of prospects he has his eye on for this draft; must be quite busy with family responsibilities.  Hope all is well.

All is indeed well, thank you.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Still can't believe he wasn't drafted.    REALLY can't believe he's going to be wearing Eagles' green.   I just hope this doesn't turn into a Mostert situation.  You remember that, I'm sure.

I'm with you and am still flipping out.

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

I @ you to a story talking about the things he's had done. It sounds like it was supposed to be a year recovery but he started playing after 6.

I saw that. And it affected him on the field this year. But it looks like his mobility is back.

There is reason to believe his knee is clean at this point since he didnt have another surgery after his latest MRI. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes...

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I saw that. And it affected him on the field this year. But it looks like his mobility is back.

There is reason to believe his knee is clean at this point since he didnt have another surgery after his latest MRI. 

The interesting part to me is it sounded like it's not that uncommon to have two procedures done with what he had. That doesn't mean the sky is falling or it would always be an issue, but I'm obviously not a doctor and basing it on the story.

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im not sure we really have details on the extend of the knee injury he had operated on. Not sure on that one. My guess would be no. What QBs have had their careers limited by any ACL injury in recent years? Hes not a runner, and never gonna be. Hes a QB with a little bit of mobility to move around the pocket, even get outside the pocket a little bit. But rarely going to ever take off running. Id guess its going to hold up a good long time. 

Id love to hear him and Howie talk about it. Im hoping for another Nakobe Dean type of answer. "Yeah Im good. Im ready to go. Full participant in camp next week."

I don't think it's about the ACL at all.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/the-doctor-is-in-what-to-make-of-carson-strongs-knee-issue/

Here's an article that deals with the real issue with the knee.  "Osteochondritis dessicans"

Realistically 32 NFL teams went 7 rounds (really 8 rounds when you factor in all the compensatory picks), and not a one of them thought Strong was worth expending a draft pick on.  I get the excitement about his arm, but to quote Winston Wolf, "Let's not start sucking each other's Ds quite yet."

The Nakobe Dean situation is so weird. He fell so far, Shoen on the Giants said everyone knows why he fell, but he can't talk about it. And then Howie is like "We talked to our doctors, he's fine." And Dean said himself he's fine.

In several months, someone or someones are going to look really stupid.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/the-doctor-is-in-what-to-make-of-carson-strongs-knee-issue/

Here's an article that deals with the real issue with the knee.  "Osteochondritis dessicans"

That's the one I posted in the UDFA and it sounds much better than what some people have mentioned. It also makes sense he had to compensate because he couldn't drive off it after only 6 months, which had to screw his mechanics. I don't get why a team wouldn't throw a late round pick out there to roll the dice?? So happy they didn't.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I saw that. I think DUM shared it a little bit ago.

A lot of times you can get an OCD lesion with an ACL injury. Im assuming thats how his occurred. Regardless, you are right it looks like the concern would be over the OCD rather than the ACL. 

And it also looks like the OCD lesion has been repaired, and the repair has remained intact. And the knee is fine. 

2 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Realistically 32 NFL teams went 7 rounds (really 8 rounds when you factor in all the compensatory picks), and not a one of them thought Strong was worth expending a draft pick on.  I get the excitement about his arm, but to quote Winston Wolf, "Let's not all start sucking each other's Ds just yet."

too late! we got a franchise QB now.

15 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I watched the presser.  Howie qualified that by pointing out that they were acquired in the fall and this would be their first full offseason with the team, just like the players they just drafted.

So, this is basically their rookie seasons.  Got it.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

too late! we got a franchise QB now.

He's from my home town (Vacaville, California), so I am really rooting for him, now more than ever because he is an Eagle.  I just have a feeling the medical prognosis on that knee is way worse than everyone here is speculating.

8 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

All is indeed well, thank you.

He's here!

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bm6e3x9swymxbzy2v1n7

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Beat me to it.

3:43 of the video...55 yards in the air and he mentioned in other interviews having "untapped arm potential" because he couldn't drive off his leg....unreal.

I know everyone's going to be focused on QB next year, but I'm just going to put this out there right now way ahead of time. If the Eagles a year from now are unable to move up and get one of the top QBs even with their plethora of picks, they should do everything they can to move up and get Will Anderson. He's honestly one of the best pass rushers I've ever seen. He is so Fing good, the guy would terrorize QBs for years.

I'd rather have him than settle for like the 4th best QB in next year's class.

Archived