EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

That's the one I posted in the UDFA and it sounds much better than what some people have mentioned. It also makes sense he had to compensate because he couldn't drive off it after only 6 months, which had to screw his mechanics. I don't get why a team wouldn't throw a late round pick out there to roll the dice?? So happy they didn't.

Yup.  Makes no sense to me.  Let's go!!!

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

He's from my home town (Vacaville, California), so I am really rooting for him, now more than ever because he is an Eagle.  I just have a feeling the medical prognosis on that knee is way worse than everyone here is speculating.

It is not, see the link in my previous post

1 minute ago, BayAreaLennie said:

He's from my home town (Vacaville, California), so I am really rooting for him, now more than ever because he is an Eagle.  I just have a feeling the medical prognosis on that knee is way worse than everyone here is speculating.

I have a feeling its going to surprise us and be great!

I know Vacaville. I think thats where the band papa roach is from. And when I was a youngn listenig to their music, I was also visiting family in California and I think briefly drove through there and I thought that was awesome.

4 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

38f1df9a-9e40-470a-8613-f8e1c5fd22aa_tex

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have a feeling its going to surprise us and be great!

I know Vacaville. I think thats where the band papa roach is from. And when I was a youngn listenig to their music, I was also visiting family in California and I think briefly drove through there and I thought that was awesome.

Correct on Papa Roach

40 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

An undrafted QB 3rd on the depth chart will not be competing for the starting job.  Jalen Hurts has already established himself as the starter heading into 2022.  Carson Strong will be fighting for a spot on the 53 man roster.  He needs to show himself too good to cut to the point that the Eagles keep 3 QBs on their roster or good enough that they are willing to trade Minshew for a 3rd or 4th.   At the very least he needs to show himself good enough to comeback on the practice squad. 

But competing for the starting job this summer just isn't in the cards and you shouldn't delude yourself into thinking it is.  

Has there ever in the history of this league been an undrafted rookie QB that won the starting job in training camp/preseason?  You gotta remember you're thinking that not only will there be a QB competition but Strong will be beating out both Hurts and Minshew for the starting job.  

I'm pretty sure your man Jalen will be the start the 2022 season as QB 1. Whether he finishes it as QB 1 remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

well thats cool, but we have no room unless we trade Minshew. 

Before the draft Id have said yes. But I am now living in the Strong_Era

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think a 1 day contract and retiring as an Eagle is in order.

And his jersey should be retired.

10 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

3:43 of the video...55 yards in the air and he mentioned in other interviews having "untapped arm potential" because he couldn't drive off his leg....unreal.

Didn't realize this... 
Never trained formally as a QB in HS.  1 D1 offer.  Started as 7th on the depth chart.  Seems like a kid that likes a challenge too.  Starting #3 here shouldn't bother him a bit.    Time to work.

Vincent cost a 2022 6th rd pick

Scott a 2023 6th rd pick

Gowan for Ertz mid-season

question- What the hell ever happened to Sevyn Banks?

He was supposed to be the top CB in this draft. Fell down TDNs rankings. Didnt get drafted. Didnt get signed.

Did he withdraw from the draft?

Just now, downundermike said:

They are obviously sold on Carson Strong being the future

definitely.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think a 1 day contract and retiring as an Eagle is in order.

And his jersey should be retired.

No.

29 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Hurts will either play well enough to keep the job or he will be replaced. 

I think Minshew is a already a better QB than Hurts. Minshew is signed through this year.

My money is on Strong to make the team and eventually replace Hurts. Maybe later this year or before next year.

If for some reason, Hurts could not start a game, Minshew should go in as he is more prepared than Strong at this point.

If Hurts shows that he is not the QB for going forward after this season then the Eagles will be making a major move for a QB, they won't be moving on from Hurts for the 3rd string QB that they signed as an undrafted FA the season before. 

If you're seeing Carson Strong start games this year then that means the season has gone to all hell and/or there have been injures to both Hurts and Minshew.  

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

question- What the hell ever happened to Sevyn Banks?

He was supposed to be the top CB in this draft. Fell down TDNs rankings. Didnt get drafted. Didnt get signed.

Did he withdraw from the draft?

Transferred to LSU.

It's called Google.

15 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I know everyone's going to be focused on QB next year, but I'm just going to put this out there right now way ahead of time. If the Eagles a year from now are unable to move up and get one of the top QBs even with their plethora of picks, they should do everything they can to move up and get Will Anderson. He's honestly one of the best pass rushers I've ever seen. He is so Fing good, the guy would terrorize QBs for years.

I'd rather have him than settle for like the 4th best QB in next year's class.

We won’t need a QB we have Carson Strong on deck 🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

time will tell....we got him as a UDFA which i never in a thousand years would have expected, hell i mocked him to us in the 3rd

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They are obviously sold on Carson Strong being the future

They also have us taking a RB in the first round... :blink:  Nah, I'm good with not doing that.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Transferred to LSU.

It's called Google.

Ouch.  You just smashed the all knowing draft guru.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Transferred to LSU.

It's called Google.

I think Ive searched for that before. Ive wondered that numerous times throughout this draft process as I saw his name dropping down the TDN rankings. Sometimes here is better than google. 

So, Banks and Joey Porter. Thats how we should be using our 2 first round picks next year. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

They also have us taking a RB in the first round... :blink:  Nah, I'm good with not doing that.

Now that the QB is in place. The front 7 is looking nasty. Sanders should be walking out of here.... it might be possible.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If Hurts shows that he is not the QB for going forward after this season then the Eagles will be making a major move for a QB, they won't be moving on from Hurts for the 3rd string QB that they signed as an undrafted FA the season before. 

If you're seeing Carson Strong start games this year then that means the season has gone to all hell and/or there have been injures to both Hurts and Minshew.  

If that is your opinion of Carson Strong, then you haven't done your homework.

Archived