EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

:offtopic: 

Just saw a commercial about recycling paper.  It claims that paper can be recycled 7 times.  So, the question I have is... how do they know when it reaches its 7th recycle?  

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I think I know who our Nasty Nate is…

I have it all saved for the lulz 

I'm late. Didn't think we were going to be the ones getting Strong

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

When he becomes QB1... he'll make up for that lost revenue eventually (or pretty close).

FYP

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

If a dozen teams wanted him, they should have drafted him. Makes no sense. 

Minimum NFL salary is $660k. They are paying him $320k.

1 minute ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

You will be severely dissapointed.

Think the Eagles will trade Minshew or will they keep 3 QBs on the roster?

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Bears kind of did him a disservice releasing him now as to earlier. I get trying to deal him during the draft but you can tell leading up to the draft if anyone was truly interested and really it wasn’t going to be a great return anyway and the hit was the same whether cut or traded. 

im guessing he has a solid backup QB market but really only 2 teams i could see him competing for a starting job is seattle but they have geno smith, lock and Eason. So i don’t think they add on after the contract they gave to geno to be the backup. I’d say Carolina makes sense as a backup. Give coral time to learn and be behind darnold and compete. After that i guess i could see team like Vegas who has nick mullens as a backup bring him in to be the main backup to carr.

16 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

If that is your opinion of Carson Strong, then you haven't done your homework.

You're detached from reality right now.  If Carson Strong was the QB you thought he was then he would have not only been drafted but been drafted during the first two days of the draft. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Wrong position on Johnson, didn’t even know where your supposed #1 corner was going to school

Johnson has gone through the entire pre-draft process as an edge. I did know that. Obviously he wont be a DE here at that size, and no one knows which LB position he will play. In the last 10 minutes we have seen ILB, and WILL. Earlier we heard people saying he is a Reddick backup/SAM. No one knows yet.

But I knew he was an edge and most people had not heard of him. I noticed his pro day results when that happened, and then read more about him on Matt Alkire's site.

Cart before the horse, much?

Let's see Strong win a spot on the PS and be the 3rd QB on gameday (think you can activate a QB from the PS for that role, or some weird rule like that).

Then show his knee is stable and that he can operate a pro offense.

Then in 2023 he can replace Minshew.

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

You're detached from reality right now.  If Carson Strong was the QB you thought he was then he would have not only been drafted but been drafted during the first two days of the draft. 

The knee obviously is the issue.  As a passer, he is no doubt the best passer in the draft.

4 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

You are going to need to buy maximum cloud storage space, because its going to be non-stop from now till the day he finally supplants Hurts. 

Just now, austinfan said:

Let's see Strong win a spot on the PS and be the 3rd QB on gameday (think you can activate a QB from the PS for that role, or some weird rule like that).

Nah man he’s the next Herbert I mean look at the posts

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Don't be a wet blanket.  Howie just did the smart thing.    Brag about it and tell us how genius he is.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

oh sure. But the cart is behind the horse when we just hand a starting job to a guy who was drafted with the intent of being Carson's backup and then assume he will develop in to a starter over a period of many years. We just have to be patient. 

Carson Strong can already run this offense 10x better than Hurts. If Strong is in rookie camp next week his performance will make Hurts cry.

The great ones never get drafted 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

There are a lot of posters here that are enthusiastic about Strong. Am I the only one? No. Is everyone on the blog deluded? No.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You are going to need to buy maximum cloud storage space, because its going to be non-stop from now till the day he finally supplants Hurts. 

A QB controversy Hurts vs UDFA.  :lol:  

It is going to be a fun season after all.

1 minute ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

The great ones never get drafted 

Howie said you have to be different. Where most teams try to get their franchise QB with the top pick in the draft, the eagles just signed theirs in UDFA. Watch. 

132F6AC0-3F5C-40EF-9094-9C5B11755D42.thumb.jpeg.00f384730d5ec791d0ca618be5a70f66.jpeg

Thought this was funny. There’s going to be no competition. They’re handing it to Hurts 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

A QB controversy Hurts vs UDFA.  :lol:  

It is going to be a fun season after all.

I cant tell if its just being overly enthusiastic about Strong, or if its because  Hurts is really that bad. But then I remember Miami picking Hurts clone Skylar Thompson in round 7 and I remember that thats just the level Hurts is on. 

Archived