EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

OMG.  Would you quit your bishing and either leave or start a new topic.  You’re more negative than me in the Sixers thread.  Which is hard to do.  Always crying.  Then you’re in the new QB thread, crying about this blog.  And then in here crying.  Again, don’t like it?  Leave.  

In fairness i probably cry the most in the Phillies thread. But I’m also dealing with a franchise for a decade that didn’t make the playoffs and by the looks of it might continue that streak 

Looks like Chao’s analysis on Ross was right. No team has signed him yet. Thinks he’s one bad hit away from his career being over and some teams medical staffs will think it’s irresponsible to even let him play in the NFL because it could mess up his long term health.

The Eagles signed Chad Reuter’s top 2 UDFA QBs and 2nd ranked UDFA CB

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

DF555439-ED00-4C9B-B9BC-CFE66C6B6A25.jpeg

Where is Christopher Allen signing? Wanted him. 

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Looks like Chao’s analysis on Ross was right. No team has signed him yet. Thinks he’s one bad hit away from his career being over and some teams medical staffs will think it’s irresponsible to even let him play in the NFL because it could mess up his long term health.

The Eagles signed Chad Reuter’s top 2 UDFA QBs and 2nd ranked UDFA CB

Ross ??

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Where is Christopher Allen signing? Wanted him. 

Denver

Just now, Don Corleone said:

Denver

Thanks Don. Your still 10x faster than Google.

I hate Denver for that. 

We better be ready to Toohill him if he gets cut. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Thanks Don. Your still 10x faster than Google.

I hate Denver for that. 

We better be ready to Toohill him if he gets cut. 

You're welcome man, appreciate it. Here's what his deal with the Broncos looks like

Just now, Don Corleone said:

You're welcome man, appreciate it. Here's what his deal with the Broncos looks like

Should I post this same tweet in a minute just for old times sake.

2009: Jeremy Maclin, Jason Peters, LeSean McCoy

2022: Jordan Davis, AJ Brown, Cam Jurgens, Nakobe Dean

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Bears released Foles. **** home baby 

He can close the deal after Carson gets us home field advantage.

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What is, guys who played for the Eagles!  

Yeah, I don’t get it either

QB depth chart should be 

Strong

Foles

Minshew

EJ Perry and Hurts compete for practice squad spot.

13 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

2009: Jeremy Maclin, Jason Peters, LeSean McCoy

2022: Jordan Davis, AJ Brown, Cam Jurgens, Nakobe Dean

1949: Chuck Bednarick, Frank Tripucka, Frank Burns

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

QB depth chart should be 

Strong

Foles

Minshew

EJ Perry and Hurts compete for practice squad spot.

Reed Stinnett thinks you should take your disrespect of his awesome qb abilities to the crappy qb takes containment thread. 

Just now, jsb235 said:

Reed Stinnett thinks you should take your disrespect of his awesome qb abilities to the crappy qb takes containment thread. 

We will discuss QB’s wherever the hell we like.  The blog, the Hurts thread, the UDFA thread, and even your crappy thread.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

We will discuss QB’s wherever the hell we like.  The blog, the Hurts thread, the UDFA thread, and even your crappy thread.

Don't get mad at Reed for trying to save you from yourself. He's just trying to win Super Bowls and beat out one-legged qbs for third-string jobs, and he's almost all out of one-legged qbs.

I think it was a pretty easy sales job for Howie and Nick to bring Strong in as UDFA.  It’s pretty unlikely either Hurts or Minshew will be on the Eagles roster for 2023.  Strong can come in, learn the offense, he will get plenty of game action and throws in the preseason — since Hurts doesn’t play preseason games for some reason.  Work hard, rehab the knee, get his mechanics back on point.  I don’t see trading Minshew this season because I can’t see having to count on an UDFA to win games if/when Hurts gets injured and misses time.

If Hurts is unable to keep the starting job after 2022 as most suspect, the Eagles will draft a QB in the 2023 draft and Strong would be the logical #2.  If the new starter isn’t ready to go Week 1 then Strong will have a chance to play with a year in the offense under his belt.

Carson Strong has been making NFL throws since he was a freshman. This dude had over 4100 yards, 36 TD's & 70% completion rate on basically one leg last year. Back to back mountain west player of the year. Back to back seasons of 70% completion rate. 5-1 TD-INT ratio over the last two seasons. 6'4 and can launch the ball 70 yards but also has feathery touch. He averaged 43 attempts per game this past season and his two best weapons werent drafted before the 4th round. Imagine this kid distributing to AJB, DeVonta, Goedert & Quez behind a top 5 Oline... 

You're delusional if you think Hurts is on the same planet as a passer. No amount of offseason work, sustained coordinators or better weapons will make him be able to throw the ball and see the field the way Strong can. Eagles made Strong one of the highest paid UDFA's ever. They are very intrigued by this guy, as they should be. With Brown getting $25M, Goedert getting $15M & Devonta being a top 10 pick, there will be no switching to a run heavy style to protect Hurts. Either throw the ball 30+ times a game and be good at it or move out the way and let a real QB take over.

Eagles Rookie Mini Camp May 14-16 

Do all the Eagles QBs attend?

6 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Eagles Rookie Mini Camp May 14-16 

Do all the Eagles QBs attend?

Yes.  And the RBs so Hurts will be there.

23 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

You're delusional if you think Hurts is on the same planet as a passer.

Holy cow man, don’t crush all of their hopes and dreams of Hurts being the franchise yet.  Play the long game.  We still have 4 months till the season starts.

Archived