EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Howie said you have to be different. Where most teams try to get their franchise QB with the top pick in the draft, the eagles just signed theirs in UDFA. Watch. 

Once Carson Strong wins his 7th Super Bowl in his first 8 years in the league, can we finally put to bed the #199 pick as the Tom Brady pick, and finally focus on the most important period of the draft... the UDFA frenzy.  Call it the Strong UDFA Scramble.  (With the pleasant irony of using the term scramble for a QB, who was a statue in his senior year.) 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

no one is running it up the middle on the goal line.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Once Carson Strong wins his 7th Super Bowl in his first 8 years in the league, can we finally put to bed the #199 pick as the Tom Brady pick, and finally focus on the most important period of the draft... the UDFA frenzy.  Call it the Strong UDFA Scramble.  (With the pleasant irony of using the term scramble for a QB, who was a statue in his senior year.) 

Got to remember we would’ve gone full circle from Carson to Jalen to Carson 

Maybe Strong is the next Kurt Warner, but note it took Warner a few years to win a roster spot.

By the way, I thought of posting this prior to the draft. Then I thought I HAD to say it once we actually drafted him. 

Let me be the first to suggest Jordan Davis at FB on goal line!

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Got to remember we would’ve gone full circle from Carson to Jalen to Carson 

The circle is complete.  

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Maybe Strong is the next Kurt Warner, but note it took Warner a few years to win a roster spot.

theres nothing similar really. Strong will be successful as soon as sucky Jalen is out of his way. And Im already sick of Hurts holding him back. Its been too long already. 

7 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

There are a lot of posters here that are enthusiastic about Strong. Am I the only one? No. Is everyone on the blog deluded? No.

If everyone in the blog thinks that Carson Strong has a chance to win the starting job then yes they are deluded.  This is the same blog that said Carson Wentz didn't want to be traded and the Eagles weren't trading him.  The same blog that said that Watson would want to come here.  The same blog that said the Eagles were going to draft a QB in the first two rounds this draft.  

'The blog' never speaks..  'The blog' doesn't say anything.   Posters share their thoughts and opinions and do it for entertainment purposes.  

I can’t even imagine the level of confidence folks would have in Carson Strong if we had drafted him over an undersized tight end who at one point retired to fight fires because of concussions. 

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The circle is complete.  

FA77DB81-5415-4B72-AE4D-524D1A34BAEF.jpeg

eRGT3bPNqCkF_aJBNsZ85W1P7OkZJhplJsnyeIzo

Love it, needed high end athletes, not high motor try-hards.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I can’t even imagine the level of confidence folks would have in Carson Strong if we had drafted him over an undersized tight end who at one point retired to fight fires because of concussions. 

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Pretty sure we’d be fired up….

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If everyone in the blog thinks that Carson Strong has a chance to win the starting job then yes they are deluded.  This is the same blog that said Carson Wentz didn't want to be traded and the Eagles weren't trading him.  The same blog that said that Watson would want to come here.  The same blog that said the Eagles were going to draft a QB in the first two rounds this draft.  

Why would he have to win it? Why couldn't it be handed to him like it was to Hurts?

It should be,  because Strong is a million times better. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Why would he have to win it? Why couldn't it be handed to him like it was to Hurts?

It should be,  because Strong is a million times better. 

Was it handed to Hurts?  Wentz played so bad in 2021 that Hurts took the job from him at the end of that season.  Wentz demanded a trade and got it.  Then the Eagles signed Falco to compete for the job and Hurts won it.  

31 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think I know who our Nasty Nate is…

What, you don't think our UDFA QB is our franchise signal caller?!

if you told me before the draft we are taking.....

Jordan Davis in the 1st

Nakobe Dean 2 in the 2nd

and Carson Strong in the 3rd

I would have been like HELL YEAH!!!!

We ended up with Davis AND AJ BROWN!!!!!! in the first

Dean in the 3rd

and Strong as a UDFA

Pretty unbelievable... GG Howie!!!!

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Was it handed to Hurts?  Wentz played so bad in 2021 that Hurts took the job from him at the end of that season.  Wentz demanded a trade and got it.  Then the Eagles signed Falco to compete for the job and Hurts won it.  

It was handed to Hurts

Who has the info on Christopher Allen UDFA signing? Gotta get him here. 

Archived