EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats wrong. You take a lady home, but then Colangelo comes to your bedroom and swaps her out with some ugly chick and the plan is called off. You didnt fail. You just werent allowed to execute.

spacer.png

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If you go home with a young lady (back in your single days)  that was digging you....and you almost get some........but don't.  Was it a success?  

It was for her

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... what you are saying is the QB does matter.  🤔

It's last on the list. Guys will take a *small* discount because they can make it up with incentives. However money comes first. 

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

If Hurts is our starting QB going into the season, I dont think we'll see any two deep schemes against us. 

If hurts starts again, it isn’t gonna matter who the receivers are

11 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

If Hurts is our starting QB going into the season, I dont think we'll see any two deep schemes against us. 

Just think if we actually drafted WRs better we wouldn’t be in this position. But when you basically either waste picks or get minimal value out of first, second and third round picks of Matthews, agholor, huff, JJAW, reagor then we have to go into FA where you are at a disadvantage of the market. 

19 hours ago, downundermike said:

Adams knows who our QB is.  He wouldn’t even answer the phone.

Howie would have to get a burner phone with a 303 area code. Would Adams be Adams with Rodgers? I'm skeptical. I'm sure he'd be better than average with any actual Quarterback but as good as he is with Rodgers?

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just think if we actually drafted WRs better we wouldn’t be in this position. But when you basically either waste picks or get minimal value out of first, second and third round picks of Matthews, agholor, huff, JJAW, reagor then we have to go into FA where you are at a disadvantage of the market. 

Don’t disagree with this, but the receivers actually weren’t the problem this year. They can upgrade from Reagor, but Smith and Quez were good at getting separation for the most part. If they had an above average passing QB in the Tampa playoff game, Quez goes off for 150+ and 2 TDs. He was running wide open on multiple plays. 

28 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Watkins is a deep threat, and Smith was among the leaders in 20+ yard receptions.

We need a reliable possession receiver, with the move to two deep, don't give up the big play defense schemes, you need receivers who can get open and catch underneath, especially on 3rd downs.

But why would a team play two-deep against Smith and a traditional X with Hurts at QB?

4 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Don’t disagree with this, but the receivers actually weren’t the problem this year. They can upgrade from Reagor, but Smith and Quez were good at getting separation for the most part. If they had an above average passing QB in the Tampa playoff game, Quez goes off for 150+ and 2 TDs. He was running wide open on multiple plays. 

I don’t think they were a problem outside of reagor and JJAW. However i don’t think Watkins is best utilized as their no. 2 wr. I view Watkins like Az-zahir hakim. He was a good 3 behind holt and Bruce. Now you are unlikely to get holt and Bruce. But in terms of where hakim was at his best was definitely as the no. 3. When he was asked to be more in his career he wasn’t as good. They need someone that can be that guy. I think you maximize smith and Watkins more if that happens. Additionally getting a QB that can get the ball better to them. 

19 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Halway mark?

Fultz isnt here, Bridges isnt here, Simmons(basically) isnt here, Ty Jerome isnt here, Okafor isnt here and Embiid*whom I live* is a walking glass vase. 

Jrue was better than anyone Hinkie drafted except for Embiid, who fell into their laps at 3 because of a broken foot.  Hinkie lovers will say it was analytics, but then so was Okafor, Noel, MCW, and the Homey, who’s slower than Greg Luzinski with a coffin on his back. 
 The process only works if you draft the right players, Hinkie didn’t and now he’s gone because like his teams, he’s a loser. 

55 minutes ago, greend said:

Awesome. When was the last time you acted like you are more than just a guy on a message board giving your opinion?  Most people that use the words "my board" and "film" are doing so to draw attention to themselves.

I do like however the shot you took at me about posting drafts. I have always admitted that I know nothing about college and that my posting of such drafts are in fun, a way for me to get an idea what those sites think should be the order of the draft, and for others here to critique. 

If you think that I'm not good enough to live in the same space as you feel free to put me on ignore. At the end of the day we're all just schlubs on a message board but whatever.

I think your mockery was misplaced.  Apparently, by basically saying what you did about your mocks and your admitted lack of knowledge of college football was taken as a shot. Not meant that way. Just trying to paraphrase what you said.  I appreciate the input of folks who enjoy college football as well as reviewing prospects.  Heck, I really am not a fan of baseball, but I appreciate the effort of learning about the teams minor league prospects that some fans put in.  I won’t mock them for their level of interest.  I don’t feel that folks that use words like "my board” and "film” are drawing attention to themselves as opposed to how they approach the draft.  They just look at the draft differently than you do.  

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We weren't 8th best in the NFC.  

We were top 8 in our division however. There’s always a silver lining. 

26 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

most over rated football player of all time

Ridiculous statement.  Bo was a beast until his hip injury.  

I actually ran into Bo while at the mall in Albuquerque.  He is a down to earth guy that spends almost all his time bow hunting which is why I suspect he was in New Mexico

1 minute ago, Casey @ Bat said:

We were top 8 in our division however. There’s always a silver lining. 

The conference is really hurting right now if you consider that Aaron Rodgers could be gone and Tom Brady could retire. 8 out of the 16 teams in the NFC finished below 500. 7 of the 16 teams finished 3 games or worse below 500.

I’m not saying the Eagles are close to winning a Super Bowl because I don’t think they are. But just because of how the conference could shape out next year and how it looks at the moment you could make the case if you got yourself a quarterback that you have a chance at the Super Bowl just because the other teams if Brady retires and Rodgers is traded to Denver.

If rodgers is traded to Denver and Brady retires the contenders are the Rams without possibly von Miller, Beckham and possibly Whitworth. Dallas who are choke artists. The Cardinals woth kingsbury and Kyler Murray. The Seahawks with Russell Wilson who might also be traded. The niners who are likely going with Trey Lance so they have a huge question mark At quarterback.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The conference is really hurting right now if you consider that Aaron Rodgers could be gone and Tom Brady could retire. 8 out of the 16 teams in the NFC finished below 500. 7 of the 16 teams finished 3 games or worse below 500.

I’m not saying the Eagles are close to winning a Super Bowl because I don’t think they are. But just because of how the conference could shape out next year and how it looks at the moment you could make the case if you got yourself a quarterback that you have a chance at the Super Bowl just because the other teams if Brady retires and Rodgers is traded to Denver.

If rodgers is traded to Denver and Brady retires the contenders are the Rams without possibly von Miller, Beckham and possibly Whitworth. Dallas who are choke artists. The Cardinals woth kingsbury and Kyler Murray. The Seahawks with Russell Wilson who might also be traded. The niners who are likely going with Trey Lance so they have a huge question mark At quarterback.

I don’t disagree with any of this. There are a lot of "If’s” in there but, until we get a QB upgrade we won’t be playing in the really important games at the end of January/early February anytime soon.

I suspect that the Eagles look for a larger WR that can catch and block in the offseason. I hope that WR has some agility (big difference between a healthy Jeffery and JJAW).  Route running skill and hands are a must.  AFan has referred to a possession receiver.  I think that is a bit of an outdated approach but the meaning has some validity. 

9 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

I don’t disagree with any of this. There are a lot of "If’s” in there but, until we get a QB upgrade we won’t be playing in the really important games at the end of January/early February anytime soon.

There’s a lot of IFs but realistically there’s a strong possibility rodgers is out of Gb. How Brady is talking i don’t think it’s unrealistic. Like i said i dont think the eagles are close to a super bowl contender but the conference is just not very strong if Brady and rodgers are gone.

Got to remember besides 8 of 16 finishing below .500, the Saints went 9-8 this past year. They aren’t going to be better losing Payton and moved they have to make to get under the cap. So GB should take a hit if rodgers and Adams leave. TB if TB retires too. You might actually see a team make the playoffs next year in the nfc with a losing record meanwhile afc could see teams missing with winning records

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

I suspect that the Eagles look for a larger WR that can catch and block in the offseason. I hope that WR has some agility (big difference between a healthy Jeffery and JJAW).  Route running skill and hands are a must.  AFan has referred to a possession receiver.  I think that is a bit of an outdated approach but the meaning has some validity. 

I actually think Allen robinson and Mike Williams make the most sense. But robinson i see going to a team with a better QB since he’s had to play with the bears who have had issues at QB. I think Williams you’d have to overpay to come here and i don’t see the eagles spending that type of money on him. 

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bla bla.

Every team misses picks. And what of the picks we hit? Especially in later rounds?

That narrative is so damn weak.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually think Allen robinson and Mike Williams make the most sense. But robinson i see going to a team with a better QB since he’s had to play with the bears who have had issues at QB. I think Williams you’d have to overpay to come here and i don’t see the eagles spending that type of money on him. 

Well I think we should. Williams would be a big help.

33 minutes ago, Infam said:

Bla bla.

Every team misses picks. And what of the picks we hit? Especially in later rounds?

That narrative is so damn weak.

Well I think we should. Williams would be a big help.

I mean how many team have invested in 5 first or second round wide receivers in 7 years and have yet to have 1 get a second contract after their rookie contract expired? Only one that is going to is smith. Unless Matthews you give it too after he bounced around the league and was a last resort for a desperate team. Yeah more lame narrative is boasting about late round picks like they makes up for crap drafting at the WR position. Furthermore the only WR they’ve drafted since 2010 that’s gotten a second contract after his rookie deal has been Riley cooper. Amazing job the eagles. Definitely a lame narrative that for an entire decade you managed to not draft a WR worth giving a second contract too besides Riley freaking cooper…. Call it lane but it wouldn’t be so lame of a narrative if the eagles didn’t continuously have that issue. 

30 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I think your mockery was misplaced.  Apparently, by basically saying what you did about your mocks and your admitted lack of knowledge of college football was taken as a shot. Not meant that way. Just trying to paraphrase what you said.  I appreciate the input of folks who enjoy college football as well as reviewing prospects.  Heck, I really am not a fan of baseball, but I appreciate the effort of learning about the teams minor league prospects that some fans put in.  I won’t mock them for their level of interest.  I don’t feel that folks that use words like "my board” and "film” are drawing attention to themselves as opposed to how they approach the draft.  They just look at the draft differently than you do.  

You may feel that way and that is fine. But I do not, and I still think it's the ridiculous choice of words of a poster trying to make himself sound like he has more access/knowledge than he actually does. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

You wouldnt call Wentz one of the best ever or a beast until he went mental. 

So why do we do it with Bo?

Bo had less carrier rushing yards that Jim Harbaugh and less career catches than antonio Gibson had just this year. 

Trust me, dude was a freak of nature, biggest "what if" in history of sports but totally over rated, 

Every day, I am staggeringly impressed by your lack of football knowledge. Well done, Sir!

51 minutes ago, RLC said:

It's last on the list. Guys will take a *small* discount because they can make it up with incentives. However money comes first. 

People might take a small discount to play with an "elite" quarterback, but all things being equal a team with a terrible qb would have to pay much higher than anywhere else.

Archived