EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Hey guys, did you hear?   Tom Brady is retiring...

but not officially...

but officially... eventually.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

He would have to apologize for laughing at the Reagor pick first.

Yeah it was the pettiest, most passive aggressive nonsense ever. Got bent over on the Sam Bradford trade and got demolished by Nick Foles in the NFCC game, so he tried to put out some BS on Twitter to dunk on the Eagles.

He's better than Dave Caldwell though. You ever see those Falcons drafts before he got to Jacksonville? Yikes. How about pretty much all of his Jags drafts other than 2016? Double yikes.

24 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

He would have to apologize for laughing at the Reagor pick first.

Why?  We would have done the same thing if the roles had been reversed. 

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

All this hype for Brady, dude has only been starting in Tampa Bay for 2 years, he’s not even a franchise QB.   Basically a rookie. 

Imagine how good he could be with another year in the system.  

29 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why?  We would have done the same thing if the roles had been reversed. 

Honestly I don't care if him and Zimmer were laughing about passing on Jefferson.  I was just being sarcastic. 

But when have the Eagles ever done something like that?

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Honestly I don't care if him and Zimmer were laughing about passing on Jefferson.  I was just being sarcastic. 

But when have the Eagles ever done something like that?

When was the last time they had that opportunity?

1 hour ago, greend said:

I know folks that had it that say the symptoms are no worse than a cold.

I think it depends on the individual. 

The flu is the same thing, I'm sure most of the people who had the flu in 1918 though it was just another cold, except of course, for the ones who died.

As I pointed out a couple years ago, 0.5% mortality doesn't sound that bad until you realize it's a one in two hundred chance of dying. And over 150M, a mere 750,000 dead.

Now Omicron fortunately has a lower mortality rate, and extremely low among those who are vaccinated (and lower if boosted), which means it's culling out the stupid. Because it's so contagious that probably over half the population will be infected by February. But that's luck. Could have been much worse.

But you never know, maybe the next flu variant, or COVID variant, or some other virus will be both highly contagious with a 5-10% mortality rate (as long as it can incubate a few days and make the host infectious before killing the host, the high mortality won't stop the spread) before an effective treatment is discovered (could take six months). Something like that will solve the anti-vaxer issue.

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Except that Wilson isn't really a pocket QB. Would make more sense for someone like Carr or Rodgers.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The flu is the same thing, I'm sure most of the people who had the flu in 1918 though it was just another cold, except of course, for the ones who died.

As I pointed out a couple years ago, 0.5% mortality doesn't sound that bad until you realize it's a one in two hundred chance of dying. And over 150M, a mere 750,000 dead.

Now Omicron fortunately has a lower mortality rate, and extremely low among those who are vaccinated (and lower if boosted), which means it's culling out the stupid. Because it's so contagious that probably over half the population will be infected by February. But that's luck. Could have been much worse.

But you never know, maybe the next flu variant, or COVID variant, or some other virus will be both highly contagious with a 5-10% mortality rate (as long as it can incubate a few days and make the host infectious before killing the host, the high mortality won't stop the spread) before an effective treatment is discovered (could take six months). Something like that will solve the anti-vaxer issue.

Take your moral high ground elsewhere.   A friend of mine just had her father pass away on Thursday.  I'm in no mood for your high nosed superiority.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

So let’s say Rodgers wants to come to Philly.  Would you take two years and 1 Super Bowl.  Hell yes I would.

If Rodgers can't win in GB, what makes you think he'd do it here, especially with the cap hit and the picks he'd cost?

Last 4 years, miss PO, lost CF, lost CF, lost wildcard, with defense ranked 22, 9, 13, 13 in points allowed.

The assumption that we get a "passer," therefore we're guaranteed a SB is a bit silly.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

If Rodgers can't win in GB, what makes you think he'd do it here, especially with the cap hit and the picks he'd cost?

Last 4 years, miss PO, lost CF, lost CF, lost wildcard, with defense ranked 22, 9, 13, 13 in points allowed.

The assumption that we get a "passer," therefore we're guaranteed a SB is a bit silly.

Yeah but without a "passer” there is next to zero shot at a Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Take your moral high ground elsewhere.   A friend of mine just had her father pass away on Thursday.  I'm in no mood for your high nosed superiority.

Did he get vaccinated? If not, he did it to himself.

The facts are out there, if one engages in unnecessary risky behavior, it may be a tragedy for their loved ones when they die, but it's still their fault.

No different than smoking, driving drunk or without a seat belt, etc.

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

We made the playoffs with a scrub at QB, odds would be better.  And getting to the CF multiple times increases your odds of winning.

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sorry for your loss.  

16 minutes ago, austinfan said:

As a COVID expert, what do you think the odds are of a virus with a 0.5% mortality rate (and declining) jumping to an order of magnitude more comparable to Ebola?

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

The facts are out there, if one engages in unnecessary risky behavior, it may be a tragedy for their loved ones when they die, but it's still their fault.

I don't know.  I didn't ask.  And frankly, now isn't the time for me to bring it up.  

My grandfather also died in a car accident without a seat belt as well.   You are batting 1000 tonight.  

But, you seem more concerned with being right than showing human compassion.   I hope that you never have tragedy strike you.  It sucks, sucks more than you can imagine.  But, I'm done engaging with you.  

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Hey guys, did you hear?   Tom Brady is retiring...

but not officially...

but officially... eventually.

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sorry for her and your loss. 

28 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Wow, dude just says a friends father passed away and you double down on being a dbag.  Good job jerk.

53 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Now Omicron fortunately has a lower mortality rate, and extremely low among those who are vaccinated (and lower if boosted), which means it's culling out the stupid.

39 minutes ago, austinfan said:

On 1/25/2022 at 7:42 PM, austinfan said:

And we know the "I got mine, f--- you" crowd love to live together.

I prefer more decent, kinder neighbors.

34 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

As a COVID expert, what do you think the odds are of a virus with a 0.5% mortality rate (and declining) jumping to an order of magnitude more comparable to Ebola?

Who knows? But it's the kind of scenario that scares the hell out of virologists.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/08/04/a-warning-about-the-future-of-covid-19-from-the-scientific-advisory-group-for-emergencies-of-the-united-kingdom/?sh=13719e9e2e54

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19/do-bad-viruses-always-become-good-guys-end

The plague is a good example. The traditional story was it was transmitted by fleas, but an insect transmitted disease couldn't spread that rapidly, for one thing it would kill off its rat hosts before enough people got bite. So it probably mutated to a highly contagious pneumonic form, which was rapidly spread from human to human.

We just don't know. SARS was deadly, but not very contagious. COVID has been contagious, but not very deadly (relatively). But in the future . . .

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

That’s because he’s not a franchise Quarterback. 

Just now, Casey @ Bat said:

That’s because he’s not a franchise Quarterback. 

Definitely not proven. I feel like any day mahomes and rodgers will get there. And that Joe Burrow guy Fing overrated. Who takes two years to get to AFC championship game taking over 2 win team. And who the hell is this Tom Brady guy so what he played 22 years means nothing. Jagr played 24. Get on his level 

Archived