EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

He’ll be 23 his rookie season, so his age is fine. I like that he appears to be a safety who can play deep and in the box, which I assume would be important since Gannon likes spin the safeties. 

Older players in later rounds can be a positive, since they'll be more NFL ready (physically mature, more experience) and can give you four years of cheap depth.

And there's less risk, what you see is closer to what you're gonna get.

While it's nice in theory that every draft pick is a potential starter, the reality is by the 5th rd you're filling out the depth chart and hoping to get lucky.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Austin, Utah, and you can guess the last. 

Would anyone miss you?

5 hours ago, eagle45 said:

When you bring your 10 month old to the hospital with COVID because you likely brought it home by caring for unvaccinated hospitalized patients, maybe you can start to spout off on unvaccinated COVID patients deserving what they get while pretending to be so morally superior and compassionate with your rank and file political agenda.

People should get vaccinated.  They don’t.  It doesn’t mean they deserve what they get.  

You should be furious. I know that many of the health care people I deal with are, because they're tired of having their hospital crowded with people who are irresponsible, blocking care for people who need it, and endangering them and their families. it doesn't keep them from conducting their care professionally, but they're not happy about it.

I had sympathy a year ago when there was confusion, no vaccines, limited effective masks, etc.

But we're in 2021, vaccines and boosters are free and readily available, N95 masks are cheap, and the facts can only be avoided by the willfully ignorant.

My sympathy these days is focused on the unlucky ones who took precautions and got vaccinated but got exposed inadvertently or due to their work situation and became seriously ill. I know a couple, my wife has had friends who have died. Some people are vulnerable no matter how careful, including those with cancer, diabetes II and other conditions.

End of the road Brady.   I see you wanted to make sure your final win was against the Birds.  Doesn't change what happen in LII.   But this season really was about The Changing of the Guard in the NFL for QB's.  Looks like the youth movement will be taking the reigns in this new generation.  Jalen first playoff loss is Brady's last Playoff Win (Career win overall).  Interesting.   I'm not shocked, he really has nothing left to prove and 44 is still very young. Time to be a Family Man now Brady.  This TV Guide cover is wild, 20 years ago.    

TV Guide August 31 2002 Donovan McNabb & Tom Brady Cover, Rob Lowe, 9/11 On  Year Later: TV Guide: Amazon.com: Books

8 hours ago, austinfan said:

I do prefer decent neighbors who get vaccinated, wear masks when there's an outbreak, and protect me and mine.

I've somewhat vulnerable and live with two people who are highly vulnerable. I do the shopping and always wear a mask in public.

So I have no patience with the a-holes who presume since they're probably low risk, they can provide reservoirs to spread infection and endanger me and mine.

If people acted in a responsible fashion, we'd have herd immunity, instead I'm depending on Omicron infecting all the idiots and creating herd immunity the hard way.

So if you want to know why I'm less than sympathetic . . . your "freedom" is my increased risk.

Mommy and daddy?

7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Blankenship was a guy a bunch of us seemed to like in the draft sims last year. I want to say he was somewhere around the 3rd round. Then he returned to school, and he seems forgotten. Now on the TDN sim hes a late round guy. I often take him as a 2nd safety in my sims.

I guess part of the issue is he will now be really old for a prospect. But, hes a name to remember. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/reed-blankenship-nfl-draft-shrine-bowl-2022

He’s seeming like a day 3 guy, and I hope they target him to put on special teams & give some safety depth. 

Not sure if people realize, but you can be vaccinated and contract and transmit the virus just as unvaccinated can. 

45 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Not sure if people realize, but you can be vaccinated and contract and transmit the virus just as unvaccinated can. 

If you want to protect other people it‘s still about wearing masks and washing hands. Getting vaccinated doesn‘t help other people at all.

6 hours ago, Skitoe said:

no not really any college fan, at most was a bandwagon usc fan with reggie bush.. but i also grew up in socal.

IMO, the Pete Carroll USC teams were must watch TV.  Whether it was Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Mike Williams or matt Leinart...you knew someone was making a play.  I loved watching Brian Cushing play LB for them.  That 3-4 year stretch you couldn't go a weekend without USC being a lead story on College Football Final. They were a dynasty team...until Saban and Alabama showed us what a real dynasty team is. These days, USC is just another Pac-12 team that plays their games at 10pm et.  

1 hour ago, Infam said:

If you want to protect other people it‘s still about wearing masks and washing hands. Getting vaccinated doesn‘t help other people at all.

I wasn't saying anything about that, you're right and I agree. 

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

He’s seeming like a day 3 guy, and I hope they target him to put on special teams & give some safety depth. 

He seems like a SS and it sure looks to me like under Gannon, they like both Ss to be able to play high. Under Schwartz initially, they sought the same until Jenkins morphed into a SS as he aged.  That said, he could be a good Day 3 option if they don’t think Wallace progresses.  I find it interesting that they list Chachere and Vincent as DBs rather than CBs or Ss.  I tend to think of Vincent as small for a S but he is only 6 pounds lighter than McLeod.  He got some S like reps at LSU.  Chachere has decent speed and like Blankenship comes from a small college.  (Not sure what they see in Mayden besides a gamble that maybe he could produce.  He just seems stiff to me.)  I like Epps development but don’t see him as more than a reserve, third S.   Bottom line, I think there parameters for them as S is a players that can play both high and low but won’t be lost if asked to play single high.  (Not exactly Harris or McLeod, last year.). Sure tackling with the ability but not the limitation to play downhill as well as instincts to play the right player and both edges is a must for the starters.  Not sure Blankenship can play single high. Seems more like a traditional SS.

3 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

...with lower probability and at lower rates.

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Do you know anything about probability?

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Glass went 9/11 141 yards in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

I wish he would have gotten a Senior Bowl invite. That’s where coaches and scouts really find out if a small school guy has a chance to play at the next level.

2 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I wish he would have gotten a Senior Bowl invite. That’s where coaches and scouts really find out if a small school guy has a chance to play at the next level.

yeah. or at least shrine game. 

22 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

...with lower probability and at lower rates.

Sure 

Archived