EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

24 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I do prefer decent neighbors who get vaccinated, wear masks when there's an outbreak, and protect me and mine.

I've somewhat vulnerable and live with two people who are highly vulnerable. I do the shopping and always wear a mask in public.

So I have no patience with the a-holes who presume since they're probably low risk, they can provide reservoirs to spread infection and endanger me and mine.

If people acted in a responsible fashion, we'd have herd immunity, instead I'm depending on Omicron infecting all the idiots and creating herd immunity the hard way.

So if you want to know why I'm less than sympathetic . . . your "freedom" is my increased risk.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I do prefer decent neighbors who get vaccinated, wear masks when there's an outbreak, and protect me and mine.

I've somewhat vulnerable and live with two people who are highly vulnerable. I do the shopping and always wear a mask in public.

So I have no patience with the a-holes who presume since they're probably low risk, they can provide reservoirs to spread infection and endanger me and mine.

If people acted in a responsible fashion, we'd have herd immunity, instead I'm depending on Omicron infecting all the idiots and creating herd immunity the hard way.

So if you want to know why I'm less than sympathetic . . . your "freedom" is my increased risk.

candy a--

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

When you bring your 10 month old to the hospital with COVID because you likely brought it home by caring for unvaccinated hospitalized patients, maybe you can start to spout off on unvaccinated COVID patients deserving what they get while pretending to be so morally superior and compassionate with your rank and file political agenda.

People should get vaccinated.  They don’t.  It doesn’t mean they deserve what they get.  

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Looks like Patullo and Johnson are staying. 

thats fine.

I want the DC question settled already. 

59 minutes ago, austinfan said:

"If people acted in a responsible fashion, we'd have herd immunity"

How do people still actually believe this fairy tale? Herd immunity was never a possibility. Stop saying it

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

thats fine.

I want the DC question settled already. 

From the reports, it seems like Gannon is 2nd behind McCown.  Probably just a backup plan and maybe some leverage against McCown.  He'll most likely be back.  

Blankenship was a guy a bunch of us seemed to like in the draft sims last year. I want to say he was somewhere around the 3rd round. Then he returned to school, and he seems forgotten. Now on the TDN sim hes a late round guy. I often take him as a 2nd safety in my sims.

I guess part of the issue is he will now be really old for a prospect. But, hes a name to remember. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/reed-blankenship-nfl-draft-shrine-bowl-2022

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Blankenship was a guy a bunch of us seemed to like in the draft sims last year. I want to say he was somewhere around the 3rd round. Then he returned to school, and he seems forgotten. Now on the TDN sim hes a late round guy. I often take him as a 2nd safety in my sims.

I guess part of the issue is he will now be really old for a prospect. But, hes a name to remember. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/reed-blankenship-nfl-draft-shrine-bowl-2022

He’ll be 23 his rookie season, so his age is fine. I like that he appears to be a safety who can play deep and in the box, which I assume would be important since Gannon likes spin the safeties. 

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’ll be 23 his rookie season, so his age is fine. I like that he appears to be a safety who can play deep and in the box, which I assume would be important since Gannon likes spin the safeties. 

I was thinking he might already be 24. 

So, he should rise up boards some more. 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:54 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

This team needs help at a ton of spots... so, you take the best player on the board.

But Howie’s board?  That’s what has us all concerned. 

Lots of love on the board tonight. 

That being said, I’d be shocked if the Eagles use all 3 picks on draft night. Feel like some sort of a trade will happen.

Just a random Saturday night thought because I’m by myself and lonely. Sleeping in my Foles jersey tonight 

3 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

This forum would be so much better without 3 of the largest trolls.

You and what other two?

4 hours ago, austinfan said:

3 hours ago, austinfan said:

Please stop...

1.  You have absolutely no clue WTF you're talking about.  Reading some articles doesn't make you an expert.

2. This was incredibly ignorant, shallow, disrespectful, and just plain a-holeish.

On 1/28/2022 at 5:11 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cool.  I figured you would be a PSU fan. 

no not really any college fan, at most was a bandwagon usc fan with reggie bush.. but i also grew up in socal.

6 hours ago, austinfan said:

The flu is the same thing, I'm sure most of the people who had the flu in 1918 though it was just another cold, except of course, for the ones who died.

As I pointed out a couple years ago, 0.5% mortality doesn't sound that bad until you realize it's a one in two hundred chance of dying. And over 150M, a mere 750,000 dead.

Now Omicron fortunately has a lower mortality rate, and extremely low among those who are vaccinated (and lower if boosted), which means it's culling out the stupid. Because it's so contagious that probably over half the population will be infected by February. But that's luck. Could have been much worse.

But you never know, maybe the next flu variant, or COVID variant, or some other virus will be both highly contagious with a 5-10% mortality rate (as long as it can incubate a few days and make the host infectious before killing the host, the high mortality won't stop the spread) before an effective treatment is discovered (could take six months). Something like that will solve the anti-vaxer issue.

Ya know, I've thought for a while that saying someone has a "one in X chance" of anything is a rhetorical technique used to scare people. I remember watching commercials saying 1 in 5 people have herpes, and I started looking around rooms and being like "10 of y'all have herpes?"

Anyway, please excuse me and carry on.

Archived